princessdollie

Ethel Cain

I love Ethel Cain. I truly hope Preacher's Daughter sees the walls of a vinyl factory :crying2:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Im sorry but it’s just an instrumental :blush3:

like people get their albums leaked which is a problem-she handed them out-what did she think was going to happen? 💀 I know she reads here so I’ll be civil.

I do get artist wishes but you have to cut a firm line between fans and accessibility to your work after getting over a million viewers.

19 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Im sorry but it’s just an instrumental :blush3:

like people get their albums leaked which is a problem-she handed them out-what did she think was going to happen? 💀 I know she reads here so I’ll be civil.

I do get artist wishes but you have to cut a firm line between fans and accessibility to your work after getting over a million viewers.

hayden was not expecting to get as big as she did last year, she shared those instrumentals when she only had like 300,000 monthly listeners, and again with a group of close fans she had personally been interacting regularly with for years, and trusted enough to the point to share her album cover with days before it was announced (which didn’t leak) and to organize specific meet and greets just for them at her shows. it’s likely not that big of a deal now at all but it at least was when she shared them, it’s just a respect thing so it’s disappointing, that’s all

i know the hates the vinyl talk but if she were ever to do a vinyl for the album i wish she'd team up with @bloodrecs on instagram, they make the craziest and most creative designs for smaller artists, she seems like the type of artist that would only want to release physical albums with immaculate packaging

honestly her success has been kinda bittersweet

it's great that her music has been exposed to a wider audience and has allowed a lot more people to resonate and identify with the music, it also has allowed her many opportunities she did not have before that have helped her career

however fame is not always a good thing and it has essentially destroyed the connection between her and the fans that was once there, has put in privacy & safety into question & has created higher stakes for her career

it's pretty difficult for signed artists to deal with and she is essentially independent - RX songs distributes & profits off her music but all promotion has pretty much been dealt by her & her management and a lot of the money has come from her (and streaming doesn't make that much money to begin with; it's also why physicals haven't really been released yet which could be an entirely separate post explaining why that's complicated too)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

it's great that her music has been exposed to a wider audience and has allowed a lot more people to resonate and identify with the music, it also has allowed her many opportunities she did not have before that have helped her career

however fame is not always a good thing and it has essentially destroyed the connection between her and the fans that was once there, has put in privacy & safety into question & has created higher stakes for her career

it's pretty difficult for signed artists to deal with and she is essentially independent - RX songs distributes & profits off her music but all promotion has pretty much been dealt by her & her management and a lot of the money has come from her (and streaming doesn't make that much money to begin with; it's also why physicals haven't really been released yet which could be an entirely separate post explaining why that's complicated too)

I mean there are ways of managing it-the paparazzi are easier to avoid than before I think, Dido has comebacks but is never papped-she just needs to never move to LA and make smart decisions regarding how much she posts/shared on SM sadly.

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

i really wonder how she’s doing with all of it now, as last spring she said she didn’t want to get any bigger than she was and it was making her so anxious she wanted to quit music, and she wasn’t even like a quarter then what she is today. really hope she’s doing alright

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i really wonder how she’s doing with all of it now, as last spring she said she didn’t want to get any bigger than she was and it was making her so anxious she wanted to quit music, and she wasn’t even like a quarter then what she is today. really hope she’s doing alright

i know there's a period of time when it got pretty bad but i think it might've gotten better? not entirely sure though because she really severed the personal line between her and the closest fans right after it got pretty bad (besides those who dm her directly but it goes beyond fan at that point)

what i do know based on what she's said publicly and deduction is that she deleted most of her social media (and i think all of it for a brief time period) and she's been pretty quiet even on tumblr (i mean she still posts but compared to the past it's pretty surface level) so i think she's definitely retreating into her own personal circle and i mean good for her - still concerned as a fan though

i would ask around but it's also not really mine or anyone's business if she doesn't make it our business so it's probably best to just take the info we're given and run with it :oprah3:

43 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

If South Alabama was on Spotify man... Kittens would be born, rainbows would be seen all over the sky, unicorns would be real and made of pink cotton candy

omg great title thank u for letting know it exists:excited:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

i didn't post about it last night because of the heavy topic but i added a couple other songs to the MP last night:

- a cover of "my heart will go on" from a 2020 ig live
- and the song for the givenchy campaign; until i see otherwise i'm gonna go with it being an exclusive which is why it's in the 2022 folder & not the snippets folder

and both are obviously unreleased :oprah3:

On 1/4/2023 at 11:59 PM, the ocean said:

here's a masterpost i made - it's only post 2018 stuff for privacy reasons but it's pretty comprehensive within the post 2018 range - it took literally forever to make :toofloppy:

https://mega.nz/folder/UyQxWYwb#OSv0HwK6v6nk1QzfTNETOw

ignoring the stuff that was intentionally left out i don't think there's anything missing besides maybe snippets she's played on insta live

Can you reupload the Givenchy FW22 score? The file is corrupted :(