princessdollie

Ethel Cain

The show was amazing!! I was kinda gutted that i didn't make it to the front though (i even showed up an hour early :rip:) but i guess there were more dedicated stans there, but i still had such a great time! Ethel made out with some girl at the front at one point as well ... she's so iconic :crai:

Next time she's back in London i will be showing up 3 hours early!!! 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

i love her tumblr so much it feels very cozy but still spooky

also i have an inkling of a feeling this thread is gonna turn into ethelboards :bebe: become one of those massive threads like charli or marina

you aren't manifesting this and then we can say we're originals

25 minutes ago, jazzsingrcultleadr said:

could someone DM me a comprehensive collection of her unreleased and demos?

there was a masterpost shared just a page back of every unreleased song that she is still comfortable having out there (besides her unreleased compilations that she posted on her own bandcamp, which you can buy to support her)

I've had a lot of time to think about it but, this is the strongest debut album i've ever heard in my entire life. I can't form into words how good it is. I don't know how she is going to follow this up if im honest. I discovered her through Nicole but i never thought i'd end up loving her even more. She deserves every bit of success she's getting for this record. 7 months later and i'm still left speechless by the songs. Wow.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She talked a little bit about LP2 in her Vice feature:

Who are you listening to at the moment?
The Bones And All soundtrack, Brian Eno, The Fray, Bryan Adams, Sarah McLochlan, Lighthouse, Avril Lavigne, Goo Goo Dolls, you know, all those classic acts from the 2000s. And Grouper, of course. Grouper always and forever. All of these are kind of inspo for the next album.

Oooh, and what is the moodboard for the next album?
So I can’t say too much about it, but it’s colder, it’s not like that sweaty heap of the Ethel Cain trilogy, it’s very cold, very bleak, and it’s gonna be fun. Maybe less punishing than Preacher’s Daughter is. It’ll appeal to a different audience, so I’m excited to explore a new sound.

So true, bestie. Can we expect any more cannibalism from Ethel in the future?
Not cannibalism, per se. Maybe outside of Ethel. Like, we haven’t even scratched the surface of female rage just quite yet. Because Ethel, the daughter, is definitely the victim and the unfortunate sacrifice, but we haven’t even gotten into the boss lady yet, the bloodshed is coming. It’s not from the daughter but it is in the family tree and it is in the bloodline, so it’s coming and I’m really excited. 

Everyone’s always like “We love the record but we wish it was less indie pop, we want it to be more like ‘Ptolemaea’,” but for Ethel it didn’t make sense because she was a teenager in the 90s, she wants to have a good time and is sad and desperate and kind of weak, honestly. But the darkness, grittiness, anger and frenetic female rage is coming.

It wasn’t right for this album, but it’s coming, in full. I can’t wait to get to the darkest story, which is coming. 

And bonus Lana comparison

Ethel Cain is truly a mammoth pop star in the making – she’s Lana Del Rey for people whose Taylor Swift is Phoebe Bridgers.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ake9be/ethel-cain-rollerskating-preachers-daughter

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

so recap of what we're getting -

- willoughby tucker, i love you (the b-sides EP) (summer 2023)
- second album (separate project from trilogy)
- preacher's wife (third album?)
- preacher's mother (fourth/fifth album?)

edit: also i'm fairly certain she's referring to preacher's mother when she's talking about the super angry within the bloodline female rage stuff

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

honestly after reading these extremly positive comments for a whole time like the last 6 (since the first time i heard her name) months about her work im really looking forward to discover her music... im really intrigued what's she about.. 

btw does she have like unreleased music

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

honestly after reading these extremly positive comments for a whole time like the last 6 (since the first time i heard her name) months about her work im really looking forward to discover her music... im really intrigued what's she on about.. 

a lot of religious influences as well as a lot of americana but very much the deep south yeehaw variety and less like lana

the actual music sounds like if you slowed down an indie pop song to the point where it barely sounds like music and then make it really really sad, she has incorporated some rock into her sound though

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif