Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I've been talking to this person on skype for a while now about trading Lizzy songs.

She claims to have gone to boarding school with Lizzy and to have been roomates with her.

May (her name) also claims too have an early demo tape named 'KRay'. Here is what she says:

Me: How did you know Lizzy

May: Well we were pretty tight in Boarding School, besties, roomies and meth buddies

Me: So she was on meth

May: Yes, she was on with her dealer as well (Ray)

Me: So what Lizzy songs do you have

May: Well I have all sorts of wonders from this girl, but the most important one would be 'KRay'. It is a demo tape she made. These are the details:

Hi May, great to talk to you again

It's been a while and I really miss you, and all the fun times we had. I thought you should know that me and ray are over. I was sick of being 'the other woman'. Here are some of my songs, hope u like!

Rayse Me Up (Meth and Love)

'Ray Ray, Ray Rayse me up, don't stop, boy keep it up' I'm sure u could tell who this is about haha! I still miss him, and wonder if his girlfriend knew about us. I still think about us, I wonder if he thinks about me......

I Want The Brite Lights

This one is about my ex fiance K. All the nights I spend alone, wondering how his cell looks and how he is. I hope too be together in the afterlife.

The Ocean

Another one about K. I could never stop loving him, but when the time came I had too let go. I can never do better.

May, let's catch up soon. I know we kind of lost touch after you left, but I miss us.

Thanks again for everything you've helped me with, especially, well u know what.

Lots of Love,

Your Girl Lizzy xoxo

Could this be legit?

Did you talk to her again? Did she say anything more? Maybe you should mix questions that are difficult to know the answer but people on the board already know and questions with a time zone like what year she was in school with Lana, what year she left. Maybe some questions about May would help to answer questions about Lana. If she is for real that would be awsome

glgcDdT.gif

again, this may be a bit of a long shot, but i need help identifying some of the footage that she's used... =)

http://vimeo.com/43171364

from 2:21 - 2:26 (and at other various other parts throughout the video) she has these beautiful transitional clips, which i'm assuming are from some experimental film that i just can't seem to find anywhere. she uses these black and white clips, involving flashes of light, and light bulbs in her videos for the national anthem demo and on our way. she also uses some of derek jarman's short films in both videos, and i've seen him brandishing light bulbs in front of models so i'm thinking maybe these clips are also some of his? but i'm not sure. i love stumbling across her footage in its original form <3

ZRBNill.jpg

Aside from Nefarious Bovine Radio podcasts, was "For K Part 2" referred to as "Rehab" anywhere else? And did she ever say in an interview she met one of her boyfriends in rehab, or was that just something people were speculating? (Damn, we need an interviews section.)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Aside from Nefarious Bovine Radio podcasts, was "For K Part 2" referred to as "Rehab" anywhere else? And did she ever say in an interview she met one of her boyfriends in rehab, or was that just something people were speculating? (Damn, we need an interviews section.)

i was just thinking this yesterday, reading that german zeit online interview! we should have an interviews section :yes:

regarding the rehab comment, i'm pretty sure she said she met that ex-boyfriend in a self-help group, which everyone thought was a euphemism for AA, and which somehow got misconstrued as rehab :defeated:

she said she met someone in a self-help group in this interview: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2011-09/19/gq-music-lana-del-rey-video-games-interview

See these articles by Team Hellions writer KRISTOFFRABLE here and here for some history on Sirens. I suspect he was jamie311's source. It has since been deleted, but there used to be a comment on his original article alluding to the existence of Sirens from someone saying "I have a very interesting offer for you" or something to that effect. Also, prior to its leaking, if you Googled +"May Jailer" and +"Sirens", you could find a Facebook or MySpace post by the Team Hellions guy from years ago where he rated Sirens one of the best albums of the year. Also, "Sirens" appears on the earliest screen capture of Lizzy's MySpace page.

Kind of been wondering if it might just be Rock Me Stable or any of those other titles. Like, why would she have registered that earlier release and not Sirens, which she was actually promoting? Unless Sirens is registered and I'm missing something.

On MySpace, too, right?

On MySpace, too, right?

I looked through all the screenshots of her MySpace page on screenshots.com and didn't see any reference to the song as "Rehab" (haven't checked archive.org yet). It shows up as "for k part 2" as early as January 17, 2007. Hmm...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I mean I wasn't really around for the first unearthing of her Phenomena and SJRQ MySpaces, as long as I've been around it's been Rehab. Weird. Do those 2007 versions match the track length?

I "remember" seeing the Rehab title on a MySpace screenshot, i want to say late 2011/early 2012, but my brain may be filling in that false memory.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein