Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Here's a few:

Were "Axl Rose Husband," "Elvis," "Disco," the "For K Part 2" demo, and "Driving in Cars with Boys" online before "Video Games?" Honestly, info on these and where they came from is so scarce....I would love some assistance placing there current source(s).

Maddy, "For K Part 2" and "Disco" came from the Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena ReverbNation page. Using archive.org, they were up at least as early as April 8, 2008, though I suspect they were up as early as their July 9, 2007 Cutting Room performance. "Axl Rose Husband" and "Elvis" came from her Sparke Jump Rope Queen MySpace page and were supposedly posted January 1, 2009.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I've got one that's been bothering me since the days of LDRFM:

In May of 2011, The Guardian posted this review of the 18 track sampler (which I remember was an online link to streaming tracks, not a physical CD). The article lists these songs Paris, MDM, Driving In Cars, HDB, Puppy Love, and Carmen. So my question is: does anybody here know what the other 12 songs included were?

Also, there was a promo from 2011 on eBay (before Put The Radio On leaked) and it included some other BTD era tracks on it. Does anybody happen to remember what tracks were on that promo either? There was a thread in this forum, but it has since disappeared.

This is the tracklist of the sampler:

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

I saved it from ldr.fm

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Also, there was a promo from 2011 on eBay (before Put The Radio On leaked) and it included some other BTD era tracks on it. Does anybody happen to remember what tracks were on that promo either? There was a thread in this forum, but it has since disappeared.

I don't remember which tracks were on it, but some of the common titles that we already had at that point (i think Blue Jeans demo was one of them?) had different track running times than what we had. Also, that thread was on .fm, not here. I believe some people bid on the CD, but the price started going up way too high, so no one from the forum won the auction.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I don't remember which tracks were on it, but some of the common titles that we already had at that point (i think Blue Jeans demo was one of them?) had different track running times than what we had. Also, that thread was on .fm, not here. I believe some people bid on the CD, but the price started going up way too high, so no one from the forum won the auction.

Yes. I remember it had a version of "Million Dollar Man" for sure, and probably "Blue Jeans..." Ahmed bid on it, but from some tweets he made, he made it sound like he was not able to actually acquire the CD.

We have HLH in 320, it was one of the very first things Jldr gave us on the first day of the forum opening up.

Not to imply that MP3 is "good quality." ;) :troll:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I've been looking through interviews, new and old, and I cant seem to find the particular one where Lana talks about her father writing country songs or lyrics to songs. I believe in this very same interview Lana also mentions how Chuck is a well known/ successful photographer in New York and how her siblings live with her. she might also mention her mom. ugh i hate losing interview links.

Can somebody link me to this interview again? pleaseeee

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

I'm sorry if someone asked that before, but as i searched it, i couldn't find a similar topic.

so here's my question, do somebody knows were i can get some people screaming like in Lana's Songs (Blue Jeans (obvious) or the "hoo-haaoo" in "Summertime Sadness" or something like in "Off To The Races" (the man and the woman)/National Anthem... ) because i can't find something like this :pft:

thx honeys :love:

i76mrxw.png 

I did a little research and found this site : http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/167012/Lana%20Del%20Rey-Blue%20Jeans_Rick%20James-Mary%20Jane%20(Live)/

That's for the Blue Jeans sample, Kanye West and A$AP Rocky used the same sample in one of their songs btw.

You can find the others here (but doesn't seem complete) http://www.whosampled.com/artist/Lana%20Del%20Rey/

We have HLH in 320, it was one of the very first things Jldr gave us on the first day of the forum opening up.

Not to imply that MP3 is "good quality." ;) :troll:

Really? I thought I downloaded it from .fm, but I still have those "you're invincible" sounds.

How many songs were written in the trailer park?

How many songs talk about the trailer park?

AKA definitely was written in the trailer park, we can't be sure about the others though.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Do we know when she moved out of the trailer park?

She was spending a lot of time in London in 2008/2009. She was moving around between New York and London and I think the trailer park was in New Jersey. So she may have moved out of the trailer park in 2008? I'm really not sure about that though.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.