Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone know ANY info about Lana/Lizzy's mother?

Her name's Patricia (Pat) and she was an account executive at Grey Advertising before she and Rob moved to Lake Placid.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well, he never actually said he was talking about Lana... but I'm sure we safely assume he was. He started blocking Lana fans on twitter soon after. Anyway, I've heard it's because she was supposedly being a 'bitch' to him by not using him in her Carmen/National Anthem music videos. I'm not sure..

Bradley = cunt<3

:)

lH7Zs6V.gif      

Hey here's a fun thought for you all, though 'blue velvet' isn't her original song, I wonder if lana had any particular lady in mind while she sang it.

I'd like to think it was her (aka chuck's sister, no wonder they thought it was her in that photoshoot):

http://www.anastasiasteeleandchristiangrey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jennifer-lawrence.jpg

"Bluer than velvet were her eyes". Any other suggestions? It's like a game. Have fun.

in my version of disco it sounds like someone says "bueller" (idk, that's what i hear) or something in the beginning. is that just my version or is that normal?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

in my version of disco it sounds like someone says "bueller" (idk, that's what i hear) or something in the beginning. is that just my version or is that normal?

Yeah, that's in the original stream. Sounds more like "you're older" to me, but that's probably not right either.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It's "you're rollin'," an indication to her that they're recording and that she can start. It's an engineer's saying that originates from "tape is rolling."  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Hey here's a fun thought for you all, though 'blue velvet' isn't her original song, I wonder if lana had any particular lady in mind while she sang it.

I'd like to think it was her (aka chuck's sister, no wonder they thought it was her in that photoshoot):

http://www.anastasiasteeleandchristiangrey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jennifer-lawrence.jpg

"Bluer than velvet were her eyes". Any other suggestions? It's like a game. Have fun.

please dont tell me this is serious  :lmao:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I posted this in that mike mizrahi thread but I feel it'd be more appropriate here.

So I did some research, and though this may not be associated with this thread, I believe that the Rex arrow film Lana was in is 'Invisible Cities'. In that picture Rex arrow, who's real name is Ian Wolfson, posted, the caption reads the man's name as John, and according to imdb the only actor named John used in a Rex arrow film is a John rectenwald. There are a couple of trailers for 'invisible cities' on YouTube, and though its clear that it is the same John as in the picture, it is just a trailer so it's unclear whether or not that Lizzy is in it. If she is, it must be a small part.

Hopefully someone who's better at sleuthing than I can look into this further.

I posted this in that mike mizrahi thread but I feel it'd be more appropriate here.

So I did some research, and though this may not be associated with this thread, I believe that the Rex arrow film Lana was in is 'Invisible Cities'. In that picture Rex arrow, who's real name is Ian Wolfson, posted, the caption reads the man's name as John, and according to imdb the only actor named John used in a Rex arrow film is a John rectenwald. There are a couple of trailers for 'invisible cities' on YouTube, and though its clear that it is the same John as in the picture, it is just a trailer so it's unclear whether or not that Lizzy is in it. If she is, it must be a small part.

I looked into this quite awhile ago and found the same information and dead ends. When that photo was posted on tumblr, it was captioned "A long forgotten rex arrow film starring John and Lana." She doesn't appear in either the YouTube trailers or IMDb credits and Invisible Cities seems like it was probably a major project for Ian Wolfson at the time he made it, so it doesn't seem like he'd refer to it as "long forgotten". I doubt she's in it, but it would be interesting if someone could get their hands on a copy of the film to see.

However, I did find some other things on John Rectenwald. A John-Michael Rectenwald posted on her personal Facebook page multiple times (I'm too lazy to post screencaps right now) and he was also a music artist under the alias John Record. A Twitter exchange between @JohnRecord and @MissDaytona can be seen here. John Record has appeared on a few songs with Mac Miller whose videos have often been directed by Ian "Rex Arrow" Wolfson.

I've also wondered if Mizrahi was connected somehow in his capacity as a location manager.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I looked into this quite awhile ago and found the same information and dead ends. When that photo was posted on tumblr, it was captioned "A long forgotten rex arrow film starring John and Lana." She doesn't appear in either the YouTube trailers or IMDb credits and Invisible Cities seems like it was probably a major project for Ian Wolfson at the time he made it, so it doesn't seem like he'd refer to it as "long forgotten". I doubt she's in it, but it would be interesting if someone could get their hands on a copy of the film to see.

However, I did find some other things on John Rectenwald. A John-Michael Rectenwald posted on her personal Facebook page multiple times (I'm too lazy to post screencaps right now) and he was also a music artist under the alias John Record. A Twitter exchange between @JohnRecord and @MissDaytona can be seen here. John Record has appeared on a few songs with Mac Miller whose videos have often been directed by Ian "Rex Arrow" Wolfson.

I've also wondered if Mizrahi was connected somehow in his capacity as a location manager.

Well damn, I guess all we can do is bother Ian about it, I wonder if there's anything about it further down on john's timeline on Facebook, although I am getting a vibe that it was a film project that was never really completed.