Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

no thread for music week awards? Why she was there? And what about the "few drinks"?  :crossed:  aha

I guess no one bothered to make a thread about it.

But yeah. that was hilarious! Apparently, she started hugging walls after drinking too much!

Poor Lana, must have been so embarrassing. :wtf:

But she was there because she slays, and got 2 or 3 awards.

Well it was announced she signed with Interscope in August 2011 but it probably happened some time prior to that, June maybe

Thanks! But we have no information whatsoever about what kind of contract she was offered, and which she took? 

I don't think so, I don't really understand that stuff anyway

Well, it would give quite some insight into the way she is being promoted, and who is earning what with her. I am pretty sure they did offer a 360° contract, as it is very common with young and upcoming artists, but it's much more of curse than it is a blessing after a while. It would be interesting to see what Ben advised to her in this case. 

"Hmm, i've got an idea. I'm going to rerecord my very best recordings!"

–Elizabeth Grant 

Only the bestest deserve any more of her attention, after all. :pft:

It's kind of funny how she just leaves her hundreds of other awesome songs behind and doesn't really care about them, even though some of those songs have serious potential. Like Serial Killer or Never Let Me Go

i hope this is the right place for this, if it isn't my apologies! i was wondering if any of you super sleuths had any insight to the track that lana's verses for her shelved collab with a$ap were lifted from? iirc the kickdrums stated in an interview that those verses were pre-existing, and that rocky came in and added his verses... i could be wrong, i read so much and it gets blurred. i also thought that i had read a rumor that the rest of lana's original song was pretty raunchy/she has another rap-type track in that vein that is raunchy...

lol this is a mess sorry  :tsk:

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

i hope this is the right place for this, if it isn't my apologies! i was wondering if any of you super sleuths had any insight to the track that lana's verses for her shelved collab with a$ap were lifted from? iirc the kickdrums stated in an interview that those verses were pre-existing, and that rocky came in and added his verses... i could be wrong, i read so much and it gets blurred. i also thought that i had read a rumor that the rest of lana's original song was pretty raunchy/she has another rap-type track in that vein that is raunchy...

lol this is a mess sorry  :tsk:

You're right, Lana recorded a song separately with the Kickdrums and then they contacted Rocky for a collab. They wanted Ridin' to be the lead single of their mixtape but Rocky wanted to keep Lana's part for a future track on his debut LP so they stripped it one hour before the release (3rd april). Ridin' leaked one day after the release of the National Anthem video (28th june). I don't think the Kickdrums leaked it and we'll probably never have the original song unless Lana give her agreement :deadbanana:

Were both artists cool about the idea to collaborate?

The thing about that is, I had recorded the song with Lana Del Rey separately and it was open; she was working on her album and the album took a different direction so I had the song and I was like, “Well, what can I do with this to make it something that’s over the top so it’s not just Lana Del Rey on a Kickdrums’ beat?” The track would probably have never seen the light of day if the pairing between her and A$AP hadn’t turned out so good. So, yeah, everything was cool until literally today. But I guess that’s the way it goes.

KickDrums Talk Lana Del Rey/A$AP Rocky Collaboration

You're right, Lana recorded a song separately with the Kickdrums and then they contacted Rocky for a collab. They wanted Ridin' to be the lead single of their mixtape but Rocky wanted to keep Lana's part for a future track on his debut LP so they stripped it one hour before the release (3rd april). Ridin' leaked one day after the release of the National Anthem video (28th june). I don't think the Kickdrums leaked it and we'll probably never have the original song unless Lana give her agreement :deadbanana:

KickDrums Talk Lana Del Rey/A$AP Rocky Collaboration

i knew about the stuff before what you quoted, but hadn't read the quote from kickdrums before so thanks for that! hopefully we'll hear her original someday, personally as much as i love a$ap i feel he's so much better than his contributions to that track.

also i'll forever be confused over the title of that song because i know it was called ridin' pre-leak and most people call it that now, but the day it leaked a$ap was interviewed and said the title had been changed from ridin' to my bitch so that's how i tagged it in itunes... mess  :airplease:

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

who knows if this has been addressed before, but i was really curious earlier today, has lana ever specifically mentioned TIWMUG in a interview? i know she talks bout btd as describing her "dark days" but i want a tell all interview about this song. is there such a thing?

I just ran across this gif on Tumblr and I am splitting at the seams because I've always wanted to see Pamela Cochrane doing Lana's makeup live.

tumblr_mhcx4vmh8z1rdpjfqo1_500.gif

Does anyone have this video? I sluethed around for awhile and I could never find it :( Thanks!

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png