Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

So considering Mojo’s 100 NFR score and Chemtrails 80 score I’m hoping this album falls in around an 83-84. I don’t expect the insane praise NFR got, though I do think I’ll personally enjoy this album more than that. I’m just hoping, on an artistry level, that’s she’s gained enough traction from the last record to maintain great scores. A handful of critics around NFR claimed that her previous records were underrated and if it’s on the same level as those I’m hoping they at least score it like they should have scored her earlier stuff. 

does anyone find it weird she acts like jack is such a genius, her creative soulmate - but all the work she’s made with him she seems so unsatisfied with like she referred to NFR as just “cool” and it’s a fight to listen to COCC?

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

does anyone find it weird she acts like jack is such a genius, her creative soulmate - but all the work she’s made with him she seems so unsatisfied with like she referred to NFR as just “cool” and it’s a fight to listen to COCC?

I don't necessarily think the two ideas are mutually exclusive

While I can't understand the inner workings of her mind, but I think she may feel a strong connection to Jack in creative spirit, but doesn't have that sense of "this record is perfect, let's put it out" that she had with Rick

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, new gods said:

maybe she knows what's up

I kinda wanted to see how the record would be if Woman was the ending track. it'd have some kind of suspense to it but. seeing as to how it's before Wild At Heart, it gives me newfound freedom vibes n i wonder if it'll start w a built up opening more slowly paced, or just continue from the abruptness. 

also, I still really like the idea of the snippet we got as TJF's /WHF's outro. it'd make it a lot more interesting imo 

UV/Honeymoon

34 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Just watch BUS destroy everyone...

But why does Mojo mention it  as a duet ????

A duet is a song that both parts sing toghter...A feat the other artist have a separate part of the song 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

A duet is a song that both parts sing toghter...A feat the other artist have a separate part of the song 

Ok that's good. 

Nikki's voice is great on some songs and outright jarring on others... I want Lana only on  BUS. And for freee......(zella and weyes were only backing vocals first right?..how come they're registered as feats now?)

27 minutes ago, new gods said:

She didn't define NFR! as "just cool" and nothing more; she said it is "just so cool there's nothing not to like about it", and she talked grandiosely of it multiple times. She knows she did that. as for Chemtrails, I think her uncomfort with it is that she revisited a lot of memories she was kind of ignoring while working on it, so it's not an easy listen for her.

I think you often misinterpret her words just to put your own narrative on them and I find it kinda funny. When she said Jack didn’t have that much time for her in the process of making Chemtrails, y’all started stating “Jack wants to cut off from her” as a fact, which for me is a total reach, and now when she said that Norman is “cool” you see it as she said it like it’s *just* cool and not exciting and bland and all that… I think it’s just your opinion on this and she still thinks Norman is an excellent album, probably in her mind better than her previous records (and probably still even better than Chemtrails).

All I say is… it’s kinda entertaining seeing you still trying to discredit the genius of NFR but the audience has already spoken in 2019 and this album just keeps getting more and more appreciation over the years so it’s not going to happen! But your persistence is very inspiring keep fighting your nonexistent fight I guess :coffee:

just getting back to this: wowow

the guitar sound slightly oceanic and calming has anyone had their opinions positively changed of this masterpiece 

Just now, venicebitch said:

I think you often misinterpret her words just to put your own narrative on them and I find it kinda funny. When she said Jack didn’t have that much time for her in the process of making Chemtrails, y’all started stating “Jack wants to cut off from her” as a fact, which for me is a total reach, and now when she said that Norman is “cool” you see it as she said it like it’s *just* cool and not exciting and bland and all that… I think it’s just your opinion on this and she still thinks Norman is an excellent album, probably in her mind better than her previous records (and probably still even better than Chemtrails).

All I say is… it’s kinda entertaining seeing you still trying to discredit the genius of NFR but the audience has already spoken in 2019 and this album just keeps getting more and more appreciation over the years so it’s not going to happen! But your persistence is very inspiring keep fighting your nonexistent fight I guess :coffee:

I think they just wanted diff producers. which is like fair from an opinion viewpoint. but NFR's a great feat. 

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

The fact that NFR! will keep on getting acclaim and recognition throughout the whole decade :defeated: And Born to Die will remain the legendary icon it is

6 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

honestly drag it

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

12 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Lana literally said "NFR is cool what's not to like" or something. Like anyone can draw their own conclusion based off that very short statement. Not discrediting Jack, the guy surely is talented, but music appreciation is subjective, what one likes, someone else might not. Based off the few comments I have read today, pretty much everyone seems to agree that NFR is a great record, perhaps just not the masterpiece some critics (whom hated on Lana ever since she released 'Video Games', but subsequently declared that she was "America's best singer-songwriter overnight)?  Or maybe it would be a foregone conclusion to say that some fans and LB users alike might have a different appreciation than you have had, and think some of her earlier records had more depth or seemed more unique or personal than NFR? Just offering a different perspective, because this is after all a discussion board. :)

11 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

who even said that? i was pointing what i’ve observed from what lana herself has said recently :toofunny:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, 99centlips said:

LFL remains superior, I’m sincerely sorry to NFR

Sometimes you just gotta appreciate people for being their bold, fearless self.