Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

You really don't need an "era" though. We shouldn't get too concerned with aesthetics. What I'm interested in is the music itself. As for the cover, it should reflect that content of the album itself. Thats the general rule of thumb with these matters.

Of course if the music is strong enough, then the rest is just an extra. But an album (especially a good album...) should always be accompanied with a visual just as strong. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon? It only took the music and the artwork to make it legendary. I hope we get a really good album cover and at least one high quality music video.

I feel like it will! I was thinking about how titles like “Tulsa Jesus Freak” and “If This is the End I Want a Boyfriend” feel super far-left for even Lana’s catalogue and I think there will be a more comical narrative on some songs on this record, even more than on NFR. I think that contrasts her poetry really well because from the poems that she’s previewed, it’s safe to say that they’re quite introspective and at times, quite dark. Maybe the COTCC font and design will match Violet’s, almost as a yin-yang thing?

I don't see how that's far-left? Especially considering she is Christian & she mentioned she is against SJWs in that instagram post... I would like it if she continued to use the font though.

RIGHT? But I swear I've seen someone do SOMETHING like this before? Maybe even in this thread?!

:hellno:

edit: Lana del Rey herself confirmed fake cover below this post. PHEW. Also, fuck you @Sanity for listing with it.

It’s true. I’m a lurker on here, I see u ;)

I feel like it will! I was thinking about how titles like “Tulsa Jesus Freak” and “If This is the End I Want a Boyfriend” feel super far-left for even Lana’s catalogue and I think there will be a more comical narrative on some songs on this record, even more than on NFR. I think that contrasts her poetry really well because from the poems that she’s previewed, it’s safe to say that they’re quite introspective and at times, quite dark. Maybe the COTCC font and design will match Violet’s, almost as a yin-yang thing?

When the audiobook of Violet gets released we can speculate about if it would match COtCC

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I don't see how that's far-left? Especially considering she is Christian & she mentioned she is against SJWs in that instagram post... I would like it if she continued to use the font though.

Sorry, when I meant far-left I didn’t mean politically speaking, I meant pop-culturally in that it’s super outlandish and weird, in a good way of course. Apologies for the miscommunication!

Btw, do y'all think COCC will have that same golden font as Violet?

I'm not a huge fan of the new font, I think it looks good on the Violet artwork but I don't want it for the album. I'd like either the old-style logo (that she revived for LFL) or something new.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

reluctantly hoping it's siiiiigned 

Imagine if we got a signed box set including blue with white splatter vinyl :party: A girl can dream...

No need to worry! This was debunked as fan art back in May after she announced the title! :)

Okay good, I'm relieved, that cover is so ugly :horror:

Sorry, when I meant far-left I didn’t mean politically speaking, I meant pop-culturally in that it’s super outlandish and weird, in a good way of course. Apologies for the miscommunication!

Oh haha, I was totally confused :facepalm:  No I agree then, it all feels very eccentric!

I'm not a huge fan of the new font, I think it looks good on the Violet artwork but I don't want it for the album. I'd like either the old-style logo (that she revived for LFL) or something new.

I can understand what you mean. Tho if she uses this font for the album with the glitters, I hope she would release a copy with real glitters like she did with Paradise

Oh haha, I was totally confused :facepalm: No I agree then, it all feels very eccentric!

All good! <3 I would love if her poetry and music kind of complemented each other like that from here on out! Maybe with Behind the Iron Gates and either COTCC or the next record we’ll see a similar kind of synergy that we’re speculating Violet will have with NFR and/or COTCC!

I can understand what you mean. Tho if she uses this font for the album with the glitters, I hope she would release a copy with real glitters like she did with Paradise

A boxset with blue metallic foil would make me scream in joy (I think boxsets are dead tho)

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

Wait what, there was a glitter version? My Paradise copy is just shiny :noparty:

Wait what, there was a glitter version? My Paradise copy is just shiny :noparty:

Sorry! Yes, just shiny. I meant the extra feature it had because of the shininess

A boxset with blue metallic foil would make me scream in joy (I think boxsets are dead tho)

I hope not! I would love to see one this era and otherwise it would be on the LP!

And metallic blue sounds pretty. Like matellic baby blue

I don't think we'll see a box set since there wasn't one for NFR, and weren't there delays with getting the LFL ones out? I know mine got super delayed, didn't arrive until Feb 2018. I've assumed since then that they're too much hassle to have produced.

Hold up that art is different from the one in may,, there was a country club in the debunked one

There were two, the one from a few pages back and the one you’re referring to. They’re both from May :)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lanadelrey/comments/gr78dg/chemtrails_over_the_country_club_urban_outfitters/

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lanadelrey/comments/gqeii5/chemtrails_over_the_country_club_target_exclusive/

I don't think we'll see a box set since there wasn't one for NFR, and weren't there delays with getting the LFL ones out? I know mine got super delayed, didn't arrive until Feb 2018. I've assumed since then that they're too much hassle to have produced.

I’m sure there will be a variety of options available when it comes to formats and packages, box sets etc.

Ben and Ed make sure this is the case for all their clients

All good! <3 I would love if her poetry and music kind of complemented each other like that from here on out! Maybe with Behind the Iron Gates and either COTCC or the next record we’ll see a similar kind of synergy that we’re speculating Violet will have with NFR and/or COTCC!

Yesss, I would love that, maybe even some lyrical references? I feel like Violet is more connected to NFR and BIG is connected to COTCC because they correlate time-wise. Maybe the Patent Leather Do Over video with the golden palm trees is visually similar to the COTCC music videos? I don't think we're going to get album/audiobook bundles though, because they have already released so many violet bundles.

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds: