Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Ben confirming new music coming soon sure ain’t the same as Lana. It’s cuming, ladies and gays, it’s coming.

Yeah but "coming soon" can mean anything from tomorrow to 18 months, and when it concerns Lana, it's most likely leaning towards the latter.

:um:

I won't believe until it actually drops. Or leaks.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

At this point we have been through the ringer as usual, rode the roller coaster so many times its just ridiculous, jumped through so many hoops we could puke, and dealt with so many delays of waiting I just want it to be over. Each time she does this it becomes less anticlimactic in the end when we actually get anything and more and more depressing how it all goes down like a bitter pill. She thinks she is doing us a service staging it out but it is just frustrating as all hell. Maybe I am just getting too old for this game or it is aging me each time I play. Regardless it's hard to have faith in any of it. She must be getting tired of this charade as well.

I'm not opposed to a Weeknd colab in theory. But in actuality, I don't want it if he doesn't fit the vibe of the song perfectly. I don't really hate album version of LFL but I also don't love it. I don't think it's The Weeknd's fault though, I just think the song became overproduced and too watered down after getting the Max Martin treatment.  I do love the Lana features on the Weeknd's albums, Stargirl and Prisoner. I think The Weeknd on Tulsa Jesus Freaks has the potential to be super sexy and also make the song a chart hit.

I asked a friend what the snippet sounds like, but she couldn’t tell me what mood she brings. Does it have a sad undertone or relieved, sexy? What voice does she use?

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I asked a friend what the snippet sounds like, but she couldn’t tell me what mood she brings. Does it have a sad undertone or relieved, sexy? What voice does she use?

High register, sexy, sultry, mellow.

High register, sexy, sultry, mellow.

That sounds like something I’d love! Kinda like the bridge of Don’t Call Me Angel and Stargirl interlude or in a different way?

TJF Snippet is giving me Wayamaya x Freak the more I listen to it

That sounds like something I’d love! Kinda like the bridge of Don’t Call Me Angel and Stargirl interlude or in a different way?

Yes these are good vocal comparisons!! But with the layering of UV

Yeah but "coming soon" can mean anything from tomorrow to 18 months, and when it concerns Lana, it's most likely leaning towards the latter.

:um:

I won't believe until it actually drops. Or leaks.

Ben doesn’t post anything that don’t come like very soon. I don’t think he posted any of the snippets that weren’t about to be released as singles.

TJF Snippet is giving me Wayamaya x Freak the more I listen to it

Yes these are good vocal comparisons!! But with the layering of UV

That’s actually really nice! Tysm

Ben doesn’t post anything that don’t come like very soon. I don’t think he posted any of the snippets that weren’t about to be released as singles.

How soon is very soon?

:judgingu:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

yeah! vocally like stargirl and fuck it i love you, lots of layering and autotune towards the end 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Has anyone figured out the lyrics to the snippet? I listened a few times again, this is what I hear...

You should stay right close to Jesus
Keep my body in your head, My plan.
Thought you were up to my bed again
Sing you like a bible hymn,
We should go back to arkansas, Trade this party for I catch it. [?] 
Like a little piece of heaven.
Like a candle in the wind,  We should go back to our place baby... [..]

It’s coming September 4/5 for sure. She has never OFFICIALLY announced a project with a date on her social media and then backtracked (other than Violet, but she and Chuck were robbed so of course we can’t fault her for that). The doubts people have right now are just due to speculation or random press releases but if Lana says something as specific as a date, we have no reason to not trust her! :)

It’s coming September 4/5 for sure. She has never OFFICIALLY announced a project with a date on her social media and then backtracked (other than Violet, but she and Chuck were robbed so of course we can’t fault her for that). The doubts people have right now are just due to speculation or random press releases but if Lana says something as specific as a date, we have no reason to not trust her! :)

They just shot the album cover today. Also, BoZ stated the album wasn't done being mastered. I find it very unlikely that it'll come September 4/5.

They just shot the album cover today. Also, BoZ stated the album wasn't done being mastered. I find it very unlikely that it'll come September 4/5.

Again, we’re just speculating that she shot the album cover today, and even if she did, then it wouldn’t take a whole month to edit it. And masters generally take long for physical releases so they can be pressed to vinyl. We’ve seen that Lana has released projects digitally first (Violet, LFL) and then seen a vinyl release, so there’s a chance the album will be released online on the 4th or 5th and then a vinyl will come a few months later.

EDIT: This will also prevent leaks, as NFR and LFL leaked through cassette/CD prior to the official release.

Have we considered a folklore style drop? So nothing until the week of release, then we get preorder of physicals. The album and first single with video drop that Friday (4th) simultaneously. CDs a week or 2 later. Vinyl later in the fall?

So even if she did shoot the album cover today it doesn't take too long to print CDs... And the album could be mastered by now, ready to print.

Have we considered a folklore style drop? So nothing until the week of release, then we get preorder of physicals. The album and first single with video drop that Friday (4th) simultaneously. CDs a week or 2 later. Vinyl later in the fall?

I could see that happening! Especially since she said last August when NFR came out that she would like to surprise release this one! Since we know about the album though, maybe that now means everything will just happen quickly like how you described it?