Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i have a feeling this album is going to be a sonic and aesthetic mix between honeymoon, nfr, a little bit of paradise, and just a touch of classic lizzy grant. very luscious, yet also organic and naturistic.

i'm expecting the same sort of luscious leisure imagery we had in honeymoon, but instead of focusing on her laying around tired of her own fame we'll see her living her best life as if unaware of all the critics and issues around us

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i have a feeling this album is going to be a sonic and aesthetic mix between honeymoon, nfr, a little bit of paradise, and just a touch of classic lizzy grant. very luscious, yet also organic and naturistic.

I'm also feeling we will get huge Honey vibes. The title COCC evokes such a cinematic imagery that I can't think of anything other than the Honey sound for this album, but with a fresh twist.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

3 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Knowing that Lana was taking pictures with Chuck on thursday and they were filming the MV this weekend I don't think the album will be released on the 5th anymore. But I do think the album will still be released next month, they probably just pushed it a couple weeks so they can have the pictures and the MV ready. Maybe a pre-order this friday?

Maybe I’m going all super optimistic and delusional again, but the video that is being shot right now might be for another song? I think that the video for the “lead single” is surely done... If not, we’ll, hello pushback, like you said. 
anyways, Norman is one year old today; to have Chemtrails in a couple of weeks or months wouldn’t be a tragedy. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe I’m going all super optimistic and delusional again, but the video that is being shot right now might be for another song? I think that the video for the “lead single” is surely done... If not, we’ll, hello pushback, like you said. 
anyways, Norman is one year old today; to have Chemtrails in a couple of weeks or months wouldn’t be a tragedy. 

There's that too... if the video for the lead has been already shot then the chances of the album dropping next friday are higher. Guess we'll have to wait and see unless Lana herself clarifies things :icant:

Not all of us eating our words and stanning Sheridan now lol

Sorry, sherry we didn’t mean the naughty things we said :eek: (his posts are literally all we have to feed us now so bless him indeed) 

I wouldn't even be mad if she delays the album a couple of weeks as long as we get new content every week (like this week the cover + tracklist, preorder and a single, next week the MV from that single and the release week a promo single a couple of days before the album with the video on release day)

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, AphroditeBaby said:

Wait are we back to thinking Sept 5th? Didnt we get confirmation the album's not done from the manager? Or am I missing something lol

If it’s a traditional release with physical copies, you’re right, album isn’t coming for at least 90 days. 
if it’s steaming only and preorder for physical releases, we’ll it depends on our girl, if she wants the album out as soon as she is done or if she wants to “let it rest a bit” before releasing it. She could master it until One week for release. 

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I wouldn't even be mad if she delays the album a couple of weeks as long as we get new content every week (like this week the cover + tracklist, preorder and a single, next week the MV from that single and the release week a promo single a couple of days before the album with the video on release day)

I'm the opposite, I'm really hoping she pulls a Taylor move and drops everything at once :fabcat:

There's no way we're getting physical copies anytime soon. With everything that's been going on we shouldn't expect physical copies until like next year lol

I don’t think the album is getting delayed. It’s so close to the date she gave and this is a major release; she is primarily a musician, whereas Violet was a side-project at the time and she was sadly robbed :(.

I think she just wants to do everything within the week the album comes out, maybe so there’s a sense of forward motion and increased productivity, whereas NFR’s release cycle was pretty casual and she characterized it as having no plan in one of the interviews when promoting Gucci Guilty early last year. 

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

There's that too... if the video for the lead has been already shot then the chances of the album dropping next friday are higher. Guess we'll have to wait and see unless Lana herself clarifies things :icant:

I really believe there’s a video for White Hot Forever since she wanted to name the album after that track. That song has been recorded very early on in the process and she could have shot a video pre-pandemic. Of course this is just speculation. Maybe she didn’t have time or didn’t want to shoot a video that early on, but Love was shot many months before release.

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I'm the opposite, I'm really hoping she pulls a Taylor move and drops everything at once :fabcat:

After NFR all I need is at least 10 completely new songs haha I'm not against a couple of songs released before if the album is really coming soon this time

giphy.gif

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really believe there’s a video for White Hot Forever since she wanted to name the album after that track. That song has been recorded very early on in the process and she could have shot a video pre-pandemic. Of course this is just speculation. Maybe she didn’t have time or didn’t want to shoot a video that early on, but Love was shot many months before release.

this makes me wonder... what if the mysterious photoshoot with the sundress and convertable was actually for a music video? :excited:

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

this makes me wonder... what if the mysterious photoshoot with the sundress and convertable was actually for a music video? :excited:

:excited: that sundress/convertible look with the palm trees lining the street was super summery and a title like “White Hot Forever” screams something dreamy like that! Craig Stark was also on set for that and he has #TeamLanaDelReyVideo in his IG bio so I think it was a video!

7 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I agree! A whole album that we know almost nothing of would be a dream and would make Chemtrails really a special, only for that fact. Plus it would be the “anti-Norman”: an album that we know nothing of before release.

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

That’s my guess too (or delusional speculation lol)

ik we are used to lana's "lies" but to delay this record and still not say anything would be ... bad. like others have said, this is really the first time shes given us (somewhat) concrete info herself ab a date. i still have faith in the 5th. this could easily be for a mv that wont come out until after the albums release! 

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

yea .. i really hope we get to see what that was for :(

Do you think we will notice the Lana "hate" after the infamous IG post when the era starts? Like for example a noticeable amount of dislikes in the videos or something like that? I don't really care and neither does Lana but I'm curious. Maybe people already forgot about the controversy 

giphy.gif