Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

The original cover art isnt that bad as people portray it to be...

I mean come on..look at SMILE and EVERMORE?? FOLKLORE?(i could have just googled pine forest or dark forest woman walking).

It could have been more polished yes..but doesnt warrant OMG SHE HAS LOST HER ART SHE IS LAZY SHE IS OVER reactions...

Pure Heroine cover also <<<<<<<..

So many album arts are worse than Lana's.

Watch her release HBB, STUPID, DEALER,WHF as deluxe(Interscope will obviously want more revenue due to no concerts/festivals/tours. 

i wish i had this outlook on life lol it looks like shit

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

Google leaked The Greatest a week early or something

I have never counted that as a ‘leak’ 

that was Lana’s team being messy asf and changing the release date hella last minute with no communication 
Love leaking months in advanced forced her to release the song, nothing happened when TG/FIILY ‘leaked’

edit to add: I even remember Jack tweeting about the dual single release date and then having to go back and say it wasn’t coming out when he said. 

I classify a leak as someone not involved in the music getting the song and releasing it with 0 warning, Google/YouTube messed up, but it was a legit ‘release’ they just didn’t get the memo that the release was pushed back 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

The covers you mentioned matched the music, though. This cover is literally an Instagram photo of her and her friends - half of them (including her, if you check the high res) aren't even looking at the camera and she's not in the centre/a prominent position. It's an objectively bad choice for an album cover for those reasons. A cover is supposed to draw you in and I'd walk right past that in a record store because it looks like an album for some sort of weird foot-tapping, mouth organ-playing amateur band from Kansas or some shit. 

I don't like the PH cover either, but the idea behind it was that it would leave it to the listener to create their own mental imagery free of any pre-conceived ideas. 

Had COCC been called "Instagram Bitch" then that cover would actually be quite a clever and fitting choice, but it isn't. 

INSTAGRAM BITCH I CANNOT :defeated:

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

i wish i had this outlook on life lol it looks like shit

Honey I thought you were talking about your own life looking like shit and was here to extend the worlds largest cyber hug to you, but it clicked your talking album:rollin:hugs anyway!

I've accepted and now love the original and the alternative covers. The original will forever bring me smiles cus I think of all of you and the damn MESS that was reveal day, and the alternative is just beautiful. Also no leaks:) stick the landing Lana, stick it!

Just now, HighbytheSea said:

Honey I thought you were talking about your own life looking like shit and was here to extend the worlds largest cyber hug to you, but it clicked your talking album:rollin:hugs anyway!

I've accepted and now love the original and the alternative covers. The original will forever bring me smiles cus I think of all of you and the damn MESS that was reveal day, and the alternative is just beautiful. Also no leaks:) stick the landing Lana, stick it!

That reveal day was really one for the LB history books! :monica: love it!

She truly wasted potential for the album cover

She could recreated a Slim Aarons with her friends for the album cover 

77442787-1024x683.jpg

2-slim-aarons-how-to-dress-summer-clothi

2668264.jpg

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

10 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I got Miss Anthropocene and Cape God like almost a week early

it’s never too early for two of the best albums of the year i know that’s mf right 

anyways COCC IN A MONTH AND 1 WEEK BITCHES :krylie::oprah::crying2: cant wait to succ some cocc while listening to some cocc

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

The covers you mentioned matched the music, though. This cover is literally an Instagram photo of her and her friends - half of them (including her, if you check the high res) aren't even looking at the camera and she's not in the centre/a prominent position. It's an objectively bad choice for an album cover for those reasons. A cover is supposed to draw you in and I'd walk right past that in a record store because it looks like an album for some sort of weird foot-tapping, mouth organ-playing amateur band from Kansas or some shit. 

I don't like the PH cover either, but the idea behind it was that it would leave it to the listener to create their own mental imagery free of any pre-conceived ideas. 

Had COCC been called "Instagram Bitch" then that cover would actually be quite a clever and fitting choice, but it isn't. 

Did someone call for a sycophant recently?

However, LDR is an "instagram baddie", so she may be just representing herself on the cover, and not even intending to represent the album's music on the cover. This would make her album cover a strikingly original addition to the "fill-in-the-blank" aesthetic for album covers.

For instance Lorde's Pure Heroine cover is a strikingly bad example of that aesthetic. There is no objective interpretation to Lorde's PH cover, and your subjective one seems kind of rationalized (e.g. I can just as easily interpret it as "I give up", as an attempt to represent the work). There have been many albums in this aesthetic, such as the many "white" and "black" albums, and Primus's wonderful, "Brown Album". Kendrick Lamar has also used the concept in a more technically correct fashion than Lorde did ("untitled, unmastered"). Also Kanye West's classic Yeezus cover concept (i.e., "it's not a real album, it's just a bootleg").

18 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

DATMIMBC

what is this?

Supposed White Dress lyrics 

We need to find out what each letter means:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

19 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

'it's beautiful' it's already in Chemtrails Over The Country Club's lyrics, it ain't a song

TekBUGj.gif

if only she would have posed the full lyric, it would put 5 pages of discussions to rest :poordat:

"Don’t forget me"

Back cover ----> alt cover -------------------------‐-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> official album cover

OiUHEXQ.jpg

the back cover looks like someone being interviewed by the ministry of magic in a scene from harry potter and the half blood prince 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the back cover looks like someone being interviewed by the ministry of magic in a scene from harry potter and the half blood prince 

The accuracy :oprah2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Omg yes 

I love it so much

Isaac Rappaport should do more photos of Lana 

OiUHEXQ.jpg