Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

The Nicole Nodland cover we deserve. By me!

attachicon.gif IMG_6038.JPG

Thinking this would look really nice with an opaque white vinyl.

love this! it would look so cool as a painting/illustrated version too (that would be cool and new for lana's record covers)

aOaIzH2.gif

Simple pearlescent white vinyl concept. I liked the idea of Chemtrails being literal to convey sociopolitical satire but also as a  metaphor for lines of coke (lol) so I thought something that looked crystallized would be cool.

post-19462-0-88966800-1594501846_thumb.jpg

I almost hate how breathtaking this is because I know the cover we get won’t compare. This is exactly the essence I’m hoping for.

you are setting my hopes so high oh my god

this is spectacular

love this! it would look so cool as a painting/illustrated version too (that would be cool and new for lana's record covers)

Thanks so much everyone! I am hoping for something like this, but Lana never fails to impress me with her album artworks so I'll be happy regardless :)

And @@themoonstop I agree! I loved the painted cover for VBBOTG but I'd love a painted portrait of her for a cover, kind of in the style of some of Joni Mitchell's painted portrait covers.

when shit's going on, all around you in life, busy busy busy. this record's a great refuge. and it doesn't go all Big Bang on you, but it's the soft little moments of wonder and realizations that make it beautiful. the production really aids the storytelling. soft drones, guitars. psychedelia, it's great to really unwind. and she mentioned at the start how the album's more like islands of refuge to collect and protect u from future events, so it's more introspective in tone. 

norman fucking rockwell, breaking down the ego

MAC, a song about being the bigger person 

venice: overcoming ones' self and envisioning ur future 

filly: feelings. admitting feelings for someone? that's FUCKING hard enough as it is. w life experience? still pretty difficult. if not moree.

DT: this one. it's like a reversion of herself for protection's sake imo

Love song: it is plain. but its stripped enough to capture the feeling of nostalgic love. once in a lifetime? surrendering. the taste the touch, the way we love. it all comes down to make the sound of our love song. quite literal, gets metaphoric, but also truer than true.

literally even says, "is it safe, to just be who we are?"

Cinnamon: touches on abuse. but also, growth from it. 

HTD: another song about disappearing parallel'd w being selfless. 

California: fuck its dangerous to be so fucking desperate, but she did it anyway. 

TNBAR: love relapse imo. 

TG: the realization and accepting that nothing's ever gonna be the same. 

Bartender: contemplation of her peers where she questions if what she really wants is still what she even wants. 

HiaB: cool down. 

hope: alright, she's processed. she's gonna keep going. 

Honestly I'm so sick of myself not liking NFR, this was so refreshing to read and I couldn't agree more, now that you've got me thinking about it.

I've never thought that much about the depth to the songs, because the songs simply don't call for me to think harder and feel harder. I think you're right. She wanted this album out there for herself, and it was both a moment in time for her and a big shift. 

I don’t think so, she recorded two audiobooks, one of which we will hear soon, it wouldn’t be a smart move to also have a spoken word style for the album. I would personally dislike it. She has a singing voice that’s getting more and more beautiful, that’s what I want to hear in songs, not soft-spoken words

I wouldn't completely turn away from the thought. Obviously not for a complete album but like the talking she does in MAC. The Ultraviolence bridge. The HBTB ending. Even a short interlude like Burnt Norton.

When she brings spoken words into songs I have found it beautiful, magnetic and touching before. I definitely want a piece of that in COCC.

I think this has been mentioned on this forum before (idk when though), but I'm praying that we get a cover of her standing in front of a plane or maybe even flying one. She said sometime in 2018 that she was taking flying lessons. I've always felt that her standing in front of different types of vehicles and the boat showed that her cover art has evolved over the years, but remains cohesive. 

so it’s now clear what she’s been doing. She always wanted to be a write of poems, and with the progress of her artistry vision and fame, she’s able now to release this poem project. I think this was her primary big goal that following this career would have an opportunity to make it happen. If you see all her past work and successes, NFR seems the right place to unfold the poetry. She’s settled and reached many goals, you can hear her growth through all these albums. And now it’s safe to say, I like the woman she’s grown into, and the new record would appeal to that certain growth

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Hoping we get references to past song titles / lyrics, i like how some songs tie-in with one another.

as long as she doesn't overdo it..

changing like the weather, oooh, that's so like youuuuuu

cause this is crazy loooooove, i'll catch you on the flipsiiiide

i'll throw a party all night loooong

in my party dreeess 

i just wanna party with youuuuu

:awkney:

it's nice to reference your past work every now and then but we want new material 

manifesting a 15/16 track album with no singles or snippets beforehand :pray2: :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

just realized how jam packed nfr was with recycled lyrics

i'll catch you on the flipside, your favorite liquor off the top shelf, changing like the weather, nothing gold can stay, topanga's hot tonight, in your car im a star, in my party dress i'm a fucking mess, turn the radio on, ect.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I want a long album (14+ songs) with no more than two singles and a snippet or two before hand

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Just checked this website i always use to discover new albums and found this https://www.albumoftheyear.org/2020/releases/september-09.php?type=lp

- i know its nothing but i cant believe its really coming so soon :flutter: :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I was just listening to Jenny Lewis’ song Hollywood Lawn and I just realized there’s a line about lookin up at chemtrails and I was like !!!!!! and the funny thing is the song always kinda gave me strong Lana vibes. I’d love if this album had kinda a similar a similar soundscape and/or mood to Jenny Lewis’ On the Line album from last year. I know Lana and Jack could easily pull something like that off but better.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688