Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

The business doesn’t work that way and no one would make that leap. Folk music is in style right now and people want that. NFR was very much folk-rock and that came out a year ago. This folk revival started with Lana last year actually.

I’m hoping she goes on Howard Stern to promote it. He does great interviews and would be thrilled to have her on.

I don't really keep up w him, but I'm sure it'd be interesting to hear, and a performanceeee

UV/Honeymoon

What if COCC is indeed folksy sounding and now that TS surprise-released folklore Lana decides to shelve COCC because it'd draw too many comparisons with TS's album (e.g., sound, Jack A, etc.)? 

Just a nightmare scenario in my head.  :facepalm:

Lana did a album like this first it called NFR. Taylor was influenced by her. There no sense

Lust For Dead   large.gif

this may be the most out-of-left-field thing i've ever read on here

and the best

omg imagine she’d cry like Azealia

they’d definitely ask about G-Eazy cause they asked him

about her

my stomach turns even thinking about charlamange would say to the infamous miss lana del rey

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

"var twoMonthsFromNow = new Date(Date.now());

twoMonthsFromNow.setMonth(twoMonthsFromNow.getMonth() + 2);"

This could have been added earlier this month (July 4 maybe?) so that the website changes from "pre-order COTCC" to "COTCC now available!" or something?

"if i remember my intro to coding class well, i believe this code is saying when "two months from now" expires, it gets replaced with "new Date" "

So the first line of code creates a new Date variable "twoMonthsFromNow" equal to the current date.

The second line overwrites this variable as the month of the current date plus two months.

So if you load the webpage today, this code will execute and the varaible "twoMonthsFomNow" would first be set to July 24 2020, then finally it would be set to equal September. If you opened the website again on August first, these line of code would execute again and this time the variable would end up equalling October.

I have no idea why the website needs to keep track of the month that is two months from the current date, but that is what the code does.

so its not coming?

what about "Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever"

that has to be some sort of weird clue like the "La who am I to love you" post ?

OMG WAIT. You’re onto something

It took two weeks to announce Violet after Lana made her post about LA Who Am I To Love You. In two weeks, it’s the beginning of August. Just sone speculation here cause I’m desperate

I'd die if she did a Howard interview. He goes long and has a way of getting celebrities to admit things they'd never otherwise

Lana is really perfect for his show when you think about it.

I don't really keep up w him, but I'm sure it'd be interesting to hear, and a performanceeee

She could perform on his show. He would do a great interview with Lana too. He is one of the few people left who knows how to conduct an interview.

For whatever random reason I imagine some songs on the record not to sound like this, but to fit this imagery ^

Something canyon-like and warm-toned! 

I remember this... ! some other users and myself were talking about it on the lfl pre release. LA to the Moon vibes imo.. visually, I'd really love for her to go the bond girl route. slightly off topic, personally think LFL was her folk record, or at least, folkiest 

UV/Honeymoon

I remember this... ! some other users and myself were talking about it on the lfl pre release. LA to the Moon vibes imo.. visually, I'd really love for her to go the bond girl route. slightly off topic, personally think LFL was her folk record, or at least, folkiest

I knew I saw that vid on this site! And I’d love a Bond girl feel too, or similar aesthetics to your profile pic! That classic 60s sleek look. Glam basically.

And I agree - I think NFR had some more folky moments though - the title track, Bartender and hope is a dangerous thing.. really remind me of Joni Mitchell; How to Disappear makes several lyrical references and parallels to “Our House” by Crosby Stills & Nash so I think COTCC may either go a country route as she spent a lot of time in Tulsa and seemed to sink into the whole midwestern thing, or may go a more glam, lush and cinematic route as reflected in her Instagram posts related to femininity and defending her past work.

I knew I saw that vid on this site! And I’d love a Bond girl feel too, or similar aesthetics to your profile pic! That classic 60s sleek look. Glam basically.

And I agree - I think NFR had some more folky moments though - the title track, Bartender and hope is a dangerous thing.. really remind me of Joni Mitchell; How to Disappear makes several lyrical references and parallels to “Our House” by Crosby Stills & Nash so I think COTCC may either go a country route as she spent a lot of time in Tulsa and seemed to sink into the whole midwestern thing, or may go a more glam, lush and cinematic route as reflected in her Instagram posts related to femininity and defending her past work.

same same same. SoC immediately comes to mind among other songs.. i wonder why the Bond team didn't have her make a song yet(?).. she fits so well.. 

Personally, it's been a while since I've listened to any folk(?).. , but when I listen to the title track, I hear more loungey(?) music, bc of how airy n light it sounds w the production. slight saloon music w Bartender. I definitely hear and feel the vibe from Our House, the melodic patterns, two cats in the yard n then some 

I know nothing of Oklahoma, but from what she's been sharing, I can see how u see that. n I know people've been campaigning for the Slim Aarons cover, but I personally think the two'd clash.. 

when I think of Tulsa, I think of tracks like, Never Let Me Go, On Our Way, Teenage Wasteland/Prom Song. 

I feel like nancy Sinatra'd make a come back or something if she pulled some kind of Fake Diamond/Is It Wrong/Us Against The World or something.

I'm still sorta just pacing things from her original post, n how she was real excited about being able to write how she wanted w less if any inhibitions, and just how excited she was about writing right after nfr was released.. white hot forever gave me saturday night fever vibes.. i'm totally getting sidetracked, but I wonder if they'll be more energy and happiness in her music this time around

Chemtrails Over The Country Club just has a very posh sorta feel bc of the country club part of it, and the slight alliteration to it reminds me of the smoothness of DT. So I'm just wondering how she's going to incorporate that setting into her music and how she moves around it

UV/Honeymoon

same same same. SoC immediately comes to mind among other songs.. i wonder why the Bond team didn't have her make a song yet(?).. she fits so well..

Personally, it's been a while since I've listened to any folk(?).. , but when I listen to the title track, I hear more loungey(?) music, bc of how airy n light it sounds w the production. slight saloon music w Bartender. I definitely hear and feel the vibe from Our House, the melodic patterns, two cats in the yard n then some

I know nothing of Oklahoma, but from what she's been sharing, I can see how u see that. n I know people've been campaigning for the Slim Aarons cover, but I personally think the two'd clash..

when I think of Tulsa, I think of tracks like, Never Let Me Go, On Our Way, Teenage Wasteland/Prom Song.

I feel like nancy Sinatra'd make a come back or something if she pulled some kind of Fake Diamond/Is It Wrong/Us Against The World or something.

I'm still sorta just pacing things from her original post, n how she was real excited about being able to write how she wanted w less if any inhibitions, and just how excited she was about writing right after nfr was released.. white hot forever gave me saturday night fever vibes.. i'm totally getting sidetracked, but I wonder if they'll be more energy and happiness in her music this time around

Chemtrails Over The Country Club just has a very posh sorta feel bc of the country club part of it, and the slight alliteration to it reminds me of the smoothness of DT. So I'm just wondering how she's going to incorporate that setting into her music and how she moves around it

Yessssss. I also wonder if some of the guests she brought onto the Midwestern part of the tour had an influence - artists like Haley Bonar, Julia Jacklin, Lucy Dacus, Best Coast etc. could very much have inspired this record!

I think a title like Tulsa Jesus Freak is definitely somewhat twangy though - when I think of Oklahoma I also think of some of the demos she did in 2007 for AKA, like Rehab (Pretty Baby), the Mermaid Motel demo, and the Brite Lites demo produced by Steven Mertens. That sound I also associated with ‘White Hot Forvever’ when I first heard it - something desert-like and springs-esque - real dry and raw.

Her current work with the Navajo community and new hair colour is a direct parallel to her 2006/2007 activities. I wonder if this parallel is indicative of COTCC’s sonic landscape! I could definitely see that gritty glam guitar sound being mixed with some Nancy Sinatra flair to bring a posh-rock sound for this record! With a touch of psychedelia!

Do we think Zella has a hand in this? I really do like the sound of Zella's new EP--and the lyrics are quite amazing, I hope they join forces in some capacity (even if just as a cowriter)

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Yessssss. I also wonder if some of the guests she brought onto the Midwestern part of the tour had an influence - artists like Haley Bonar, Julia Jacklin, Lucy Dacus, Best Coast etc. could very much have inspired this record!

I think a title like Tulsa Jesus Freak is definitely somewhat twangy though - when I think of Oklahoma I also think of some of the demos she did in 2007 for AKA, like Rehab (Pretty Baby), the Mermaid Motel demo, and the Brite Lites demo produced by Steven Mertens. That sound I also associated with ‘White Hot Forvever’ when I first heard it - something desert-like and springs-esque - real dry and raw.

Her current work with the Navajo community and new hair colour is a direct parallel to her 2006/2007 activities. I wonder if this parallel is indicative of COTCC’s sonic landscape! I could definitely see that gritty glam guitar sound being mixed with some Nancy Sinatra flair to bring a posh-rock sound for this record! With a touch of psychedelia!

that's true that makes total sense!! and definitely, I think so too. I'm kinda wondering if this record's gonna b more stripped less grandiose than what we're used to if it's true.. white hot forever had me thinking of stars, like the galaxy kind, n how they're full of heat and shine bright, that to well, disco inferno n so on.. 

that would honestly be so soo good, we can honestly just hoooopee. I mean one great thing about Lana's that she has the strangest titles that she makes/ have it work w her work. it's a kind of branching from her innovativeness and creativity. i'm hoping if there is any psychedelia that it's a lot groovier this time around 

part of me sees it happening, n for me personally, I'm a bit reluctant to it, bc in a way it's just foreign to me, but the kind of active midwestern/N Sinatra music we've gotten from her's promising too so hey there's that. we know she incorporates whatever she does well, but I do hope the music covers a lot more broadly.. 

I consider LFL more of like an anthology album than anything else, so if she's gonna pull from it, strangely enough from the broad comment, I hope it's gonna be more cohesive, melds smoother in sound

UV/Honeymoon

this is really shaping up to be my most anticipated era yet, i'm so excited to hear this album and i honestly think it's going to end up one of my favorites. everything you mentioned here is so exciting to me, the fact that this era has so many similarities to the lizzy era, the blonde hair, the fashion, whether that being her bamboo hoops, her nails, or a silly baseball mom hat... her work in native american communities... i'm just so happy. in some recent photos she looks strikingly similar to her indian reservation photos from 2006. also, from what we can infer from her controversial instagram post, it seems like she wants to be more daring and honest in her work, which is something i get definitely get behind.

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

that's true that makes total sense!! and definitely, I think so too. I'm kinda wondering if this record's gonna b more stripped less grandiose than what we're used to if it's true.. white hot forever had me thinking of stars, like the galaxy kind, n how they're full of heat and shine bright, that to well, disco inferno n so on..

that would honestly be so soo good, we can honestly just hoooopee. I mean one great thing about Lana's that she has the strangest titles that she makes/ have it work w her work. it's a kind of branching from her innovativeness and creativity. i'm hoping if there is any psychedelia that it's a lot groovier this time around

part of me sees it happening, n for me personally, I'm a bit reluctant to it, bc in a way it's just foreign to me, but the kind of active midwestern/N Sinatra music we've gotten from her's promising too so hey there's that. we know she incorporates whatever she does well, but I do hope the music covers a lot more broadly..

I consider LFL more of like an anthology album than anything else, so if she's gonna pull from it, strangely enough from the broad comment, I hope it's gonna be more cohesive, melds smoother in sound

Definitely agree and love that. And I think you’re onto something with associating White Hot Forever with the stars - she said to Q Magazine in October that she’s “only thinking in star signs” for the next record. I’m hoping she stays true to that! I personally could see really glittery guitars used in that song and throughout the whole record to word-paint/depict these stars!

I think the Lucky Ones demo with the heavy drums is super reminiscent of Nancy Sinatra so I could see something in that vein being the “bop” of this album - its warm guitars would fit in really well, and of course the obvious lyrics from the chorus if we’re talking about star signs and being in love!

this is really shaping up to be my most anticipated era yet, i'm so excited to hear this album and i honestly think it's going to end up one of my favorites. everything you mentioned here is so exciting to me, the fact that this era has so many similarities to the lizzy era, the blonde hair, the fashion, whether that being her bamboo hoops, her nails, or a silly baseball mom hat... her work in native american communities... i'm just so happy. in some recent photos she looks strikingly similar to her indian reservation photos from 2006. also, from what we can infer from her controversial instagram post, it seems like she wants to be more daring and honest in her work, which is something i get definitely get behind.

I’m so excited too! I definitely think that this is going to be the case and it’s amazing - I’m all for a super candid narrative and return to roots!

I think the Lucky Ones demo with the heavy drums is super reminiscent of Nancy Sinatra so I could see something in that vein being the “bop” of this album - its warm guitars would fit in really well, and of course the obvious lyrics from chorus if we’re talking about star signs and being in love!

i would love this album to have sounds along the lines of Lucky Ones and Lolita demos...those upbeat 60s vibes with the four-on-the-floor drum beats matched with the glittery guitars are heavenly 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️