Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'm doing some more surfing in her source code and I think I found something interesting. 

https://imgur.com/Av1Quo1

Notice how it says 05/08/2020 again. The png link highlighted in orange leads to this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0256/9335/6111/files/LanaDelRey.png

It's the LDR LFL logo but in black, not the LDR NFR logo - so I'm wondering if this era's typeface will be the classic Video Games era LDR logo again, but this time in black instead of red like LFL! Based on what we can infer about the record's sound and aesthetic, this font seems to match.

Also at the bottom of that screenshot, it says "skip-link visually-hidden" - likely this link is currently coded "visually-hidden" because it could be related to COTCC! And it's under HotJar code of 05/08/2020 (August 5, 2020) so I'm sure it will be hidden until then!

I’m starting to hope the album will be kind of all over the place. Since Violet is spoken word, we can assume the production will probably be fairly consistent throughout, and with Iron Gates next year, also spoken word, I’ll have two more beautifully poetic and sonically consistent collections (idc if it’s not really “singing“), so I’d be all for Chemtrails to be a lil wild, kinda white album style.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I'm doing some more surfing in her source code and I think I found something interesting.

Notice how it says 05/08/2020 again. The png link highlighted in orange leads to this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0256/9335/6111/files/LanaDelRey.png

It's the LDR LFL logo but in black, not the LDR NFR logo - so I'm wondering if this era's typeface will be the classic Video Games era LDR logo again, but this time in black instead of red like LFL! Based on what we can infer about the record's sound and aesthetic, this font seems to match.

Also at the bottom of that screenshot, it says "skip-link visually-hidden" - likely this link is currently coded "visually-hidden" because it could be related to COTCC! And it's under HotJar code of 05/08/2020 (August 5, 2020) so I'm sure it will be hidden until then!

I check the source code everday hoping for something new and I’ve seen this multiple times and your speculation with the date. Reverse image search the logo and you’ll see. :)

Notice how it says 05/08/2020 again. The png link highlighted in orange leads to this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0256/9335/6111/files/LanaDelRey.png

Also at the bottom of that screenshot, it says "skip-link visually-hidden" - likely this link is currently coded "visually-hidden" because it could be related to COTCC! And it's under HotJar code of 05/08/2020 (August 5, 2020) so I'm sure it will be hidden until then!

the LDR logo is used in their emails for order confirmations, i doubt it has anything to do with cocc. im curious about the 5/8 date tho

image.png

This has given me so much life, overall. Love it, and all that you and others have found. Her team can't even quietly code in peace, the fandom is much too insane  :hooker:

I feel like COCC could have a black and white aesthetic like UV :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I check the source code everday hoping for something new and I’ve seen this multiple times and your speculation with the date. Reverse image search the logo and you’ll see. :)

This logo has been used multiple times in LDR's career so even though it comes up in stuff we've already seen when reserve imaged searched, I don't see why she wouldn't use it again! :)

This has given me so much life, overall. Love it, and all that you and others have found. Her team can't even quietly code in peace, the fandom is much too insane  :hooker:

I'm glad to hear that! I'm hoping it means something  :flutter:

I feel like COCC could have a black and white aesthetic like UV :flutter:

Same! Her selfies and instagram videos lately with the b&w filter could be indicative of the aesthetic for COTCC! :wub:

no, thats from the universal music store.

lanadelreystore.com uses the VG style one, ive just checked again

I ordered from lanadelreystore.com and that's what logo showed up for me but I'm in North America, so maybe it has something to do with continents? Especially since she has UK and EU stores separate from US. Thanks though! :)

I think we can conclude that there’s nothing interesting in the source code for now. During NFR era, we started seeing new stuff pop up such as the logo and the background when I believe the shop was down. We’ll just have to wait.

I ordered from lanadelreystore.com and that's what logo showed up for me but I'm in North America, so maybe it has something to do with continents? Especially since she has UK and EU stores separate from US. Thanks though! :)

Totally possible. I have to use a VPN just to see half the things she even sells, and I'm only in Canada, same continent. Otherwise, a significant amount of her stuff is blocked if I look at it normally through my real IP. This was even the case for a long while with a few of her YT uploads, until they made it available for everyone. In general, her sites market things very differently depending on where your location is. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the logos differ too regionally in emails.

i know she's used that font since video games and i think its beautiful but i feel like it's really exclusive to the LFL cover so i hope she doesn't use it again

besides it would be kinda weird for her to use that font for one album a different one for the next then go back to it 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Totally possible. I have to use a VPN just to see half the things she even sells, and I'm only in Canada, same continent. Otherwise, a significant amount of her stuff is blocked if I look at it normally through my real IP. This was even the case for a long while with her music uploads, until they made it available for everyone. In general, her sites market things very differently depending on where your location is. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the logos differ too regionally in emails.

I'm also in Canada and it's the same for me! I've noticed that too and I totally agree. 

..TNC is such a masterpiece. I never got the hate for it.

Anyway moving on from tasteless discussions.

Will COCC feature Joan AND ZELLA??

I agree! I loved Tomorrow Never Came.

Joan Baez.... I’m pretty confident she will be on it.

Zella.... I give it 50-50

I wonder if Chemtrails will only be “Jack produced” or if she will bring cut songs from other projects to it. Unless it would really fit the mood of the album.

I’m pretty sure Jack will be the only producer on it. And that’s a GOOD thing. We need to go back to the days of “One Artist. One producer. One engineer/mixer. One mastering engineer”

Consistency works. Look no further than The Beatles working with George Martin and their music being engineered by Geoff Emerick.