Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I kinda wish she preponed the release..

Last week of Aug and grabs best Folk Album .

Or AOTY depending on the album.

This year is pretty much stiff tho.

Gaga(lyrically not great but the production on Chromatica was very very stellar)

Dua Lipa(????)

Halsey

Camila

Harry

Alicia keys

Taylor

Post malone

THE weeknd.

It would be such a serve to win over Dua Nooba

You’re not wrong though. Lana is extremely talented and I absolutely love her songwriting, especially in NFR, but I too think Taylor is a better songwriter overall. I still love Lana more than I will probably ever love Taylor, but I can’t go on saying Lana is a better songwriter than Taylor, I’d be lying to myself, especially after reading all of the lyrics on folklore. Bringing up Taylor’s cringy lyrics is questionable, Lana has cringy lyrics too. It all depends on the context of the song.

Lol don’t make me laugh.... Taylors songwriting is average, her voice is nowhere near as good as Lana and she lacks range and diversity in her voice. I don’t hate taylor but she’s an overrated artist and I find her music and sound are targeted to 13 -16 year old girls who think Taylor is a role model to them. Personally I think she totally ripped off Lana starting from 1989 and was heavily influenced..something which seems to be ignored. There is a trend of artists who take from others and get all the fame and credit and it makes me sick.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I never was a big Taylor fan though I thought she has had real pop gems. I gave Folklore a chance and it’s honestly very good. I must confess that I do love The National and have a week spot for the early stuff Bon Iver put out, which are all over this album.

Taylor paints great stories. She always had. It’s why she’s such a top singer in pop.

Lana said herself that most of her songs are about two things, two subjects, and I will always prefer Lana’s songwriting, which is closer to poetry and literature. Her Americana references are always filed with nostalgia and just the right amount of kitsch.

Coming back to folklore, if Lana goes folk, the two songs by Jack on folklore could be interesting for Lana as well.

In all the big Female pop names around, Taylor is the one I’d see Lana have a collab with, not on one of her albums, but as a side project.Their storytelling could mesh well, their voices also, and they love each other. And with Jack who produced both of them many times, it’s almost stupid to not have that duet already.

You’re not wrong though. Lana is extremely talented and I absolutely love her songwriting, especially in NFR, but I too think Taylor is a better songwriter overall. I still love Lana more than I will probably ever love Taylor, but I can’t go on saying Lana is a better songwriter than Taylor, I’d be lying to myself, especially after reading all of the lyrics on folklore. Bringing up Taylor’s cringy lyrics is questionable, Lana has cringy lyrics too. It all depends on the context of the song.

I don’t agree here at all. Lana’s wordplay is a lot better in my opinion. She knows how to subtly get to the point and take it to completely different levels, whereas with TS Ive not heard a lot of that since what... 2012? 2013? it’s been years. even so, LDR still writes in that same way, still telling a story. If we compare released works, I feel like Lana’s list of strong lyricism is longer, just for the manipulation of word play through her music. And honestly, the instrumentals are better even, better melodies. Remember, Jack had worked with Lorde and Taylor when he showed Lana certain melodies that he felt were meant for her, nobody else. That means something very special

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I kinda wish she preponed the release..

Last week of Aug and grabs best Folk Album .

Or AOTY depending on the album.

This year is pretty much stiff tho.

Gaga(lyrically not great but the production on Chromatica was very very stellar)

Dua Lipa(????)

Halsey

Camila

Harry

Alicia keys

Taylor

Post malone

THE weeknd.

It would be such a serve to win over Dua Nooba

If she couldn't win this year after being relatively non-controversial throughout 2019, there's no way she's going to win in 2021 with the shit she's pulled so far this year.

And we're only in July.

So no, thanks.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

even if lana was nominated for aoty in 2021 she still wouldn't win... if nfr aka her most critically acclaimed piece of music didn't win her that damn award then all we can do is hope for best spoken word which is way more doable.

Lol don’t make me laugh.... Taylors songwriting is average, her voice is nowhere near as good as Lana and she lacks range and diversity in her voice. I don’t hate taylor but she’s an overrated artist and I find her music and sound are targeted to 13 -16 year old girls who think Taylor is a role model to them. Personally I think she totally ripped off Lana starting from 1989 and was heavily influenced..something which seems to be ignored. There is a trend of artists who take from others and get all the fame and credit and it makes me sick.

Listen to folklore and have the audacity to come back and say she’s average. Her voice is literally stronger than Lana in every part of her range. I agree with you that Lana’s voice is more beautiful though, it has more colours. Even if Taylor takes inspiration from Lana, where is the problem? She has always said that Lana was an influence. And let’s not act like Lana doesn’t have her own influences too. Her songwriting is heavily influenced by authors, poets and singers from the 70’s. At the end of the day, Taylor and Lana are completely different artists, and admiring someone doesn’t make you a rip-off of them. I completely understand that Taylor is big and that it annoys some people, and her singles are often the least good songs on the albums so it’s not like her music appears to be the best to the general public. I understand that it’s a good enough reason to think she’s overrated. But her music is way more than that.

At first, I thought Lana was overrated and that she was making music for teenage girls who love to fake depression, but then I listened to her lyrics and I paid attention to little details and I changed my mind completely. Now she’s literally my favourite artist. It’s easy to have a biased opinion and be critical, but it’s better to dig into someone’s music to see all the depths that it has to offer.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Listen to folklore and have the audacity to come back and say she’s average. Her voice is literally stronger than Lana in every part of her range. I agree with you that Lana’s voice is more beautiful though, it has more colours. Even if Taylor takes inspiration from Lana, where is the problem? She has always said that Lana was an influence. And let’s not act like Lana doesn’t have her own influences too. Her songwriting is heavily influenced by authors, poets and singers from the 70’s. At the end of the day, Taylor and Lana are completely different artists, and admiring someone doesn’t make you a rip-off of them. I completely understand that Taylor is big and that it annoys some people, and her singles are often the least good songs on the albums so it’s not like her music appears to be the best to the general public. I understand that it’s a good enough reason to think she’s overrated. But her music is way more than that.

At first, I thought Lana was overrated and that she was making music for teenage girls who love to fake depression, but then I listened to her lyrics and I paid attention to little details and I changed my mind completely. Now she’s literally my favourite artist. It’s easy to have a biased opinion and be critical, but it’s better to dig into someone’s music to see all the depths that it has to offer.

this!!!!!

Not some of y'all talking about Taylor on a COCC thread.

This is why these pre-release threads get so long, is that hard to stay on topic? Talk about the vinyl color again :icant:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Taylor has a more simplistic approach to lyricism than Lana. Lana tends to reference a lot, makes her own little play on words, and has very complex lines that makes you wonder what she's truly trying to say.

I feel like Taylor is more upfront about what she wants to write about.

I like Taylor, she's a solid artist and her albums Fearless and Speak Now were superb, but I can't say her songwriting as a whole trumps Lana's, but this is just a personal opinion. 

At the end of the day, they're both very different women and have a different way of writing. Their art isn't really on the same wavelength so comparing them isn't really something that we should do.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lol.. comparing a singer with a 2 octave 3 note range Taylor to Lana 3 octave 6 notes

Wow.

If you want vocal strength go look up Million Dollar Man live and Heart Shaped Box live.

Chelsea hotel live too.

she doesnt need a group of colorful dancers in skimpy costumes to keep the crowd entertained

Lana tends to reference a lot, makes her own little play on words, and has very complex lines that makes you wonder what she's truly trying to say.

sing it for my babies on the tour life...you're so ghetto...makes me wanna party...piiiink flamingoOOoooOs always fascinated me...it hurts to love you but i still love you...i just wanna dance with you (this is in every song basically)...it all seems stranger than a stranger... :um2:

we all love and appreciate lana's art but let's not be delulu 

sing it for my babies on the tour life...you're so ghetto...makes me wanna party...piiiink flamingoOOoooOs always fascinated me...it hurts to love you but i still love you...i just wanna dance with you (this is in every song basically)...it all seems stranger than a stranger... :um2:

we all love and appreciate lana's art but let's not be delulu

Everyone has cringe lyrics

"HeY KiDS, SPelLinG iS FUn!" :scoff:

But it is true, some Lana's lyrics tend to be vague/make you wonder what she's actually saying. Taylor's are mostly direct, you don't need to really think on what they mean

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Everyone has cringe lyrics

"HeY KiDS, SPelLinG iS FUn!" :scoff:

But it is true, some Lana's lyrics tend to be vague/make you wonder what she's actually saying. Taylor's are mostly direct, you don't need to really think on what they mean

everyone has cringe lyrics but does miss lanz have a "you can plan for a change in weather and time but I never planned on you changing your mind"  :um2:​ 

Lol.. comparing a singer with a 2 octave 3 note range Taylor to Lana 3 octave 6 notes

Wow

Taylor’s range is A2-A5 which is 3 octaves, and Lana’s range is A2-C#6, which is 3 octaves and 4 semitones. Of course, not including exclamations, because everyone is able to reach super high notes with exclamations. Taylor’s range on Lover was A2-A5 so it covers her entire 3 octaves range, and Lana’s range on NFR was D3-G5, so it covers 2 octaves and 5 semitones (took their 2019 albums since Chemtrails hasn’t been released yet). But tbh what’s the point in comparing vocal ranges? Lana doesn’t even go higher than A5 anymore, and music isn’t always about the range

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Not some of y'all talking about Taylor on a COCC thread.

This is why these pre-release threads get so long, is that hard to stay on topic? Talk about the vinyl color again :icant:

Agreed, let's get back to the important topics. I still want my sky with chemtrails coloured vinyl :hooker: :

Neaux_Disc_Blue.jpg