Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

She revealed the NFR album cover and tracklist the day before it was made for pre-order - she also announced that Violet would be available for pre-order a day before. 

I think it's highly plausible that she'll post the COTCC album cover and tracklist on August 4, then - only 12 days!  :ahh:

wow I did not know this about billie, now everything makes sense

but do you think lana herself would be up to all of that ass-kissing?

No.

The NFR era was about as much arse-kissing as she was willing to do. Clearly, she is no longer giving fucks, which is why this album is coming out September 5, less than a week after the Grammys deadline.

Tbh I'm here for it, because fuck Grammys.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

No.

The NFR era was about as much arse-kissing as she was willing to do. Clearly, she is no longer giving fucks, which is why this album is coming out September 5, less than a week after the Grammys deadline.

Tbh I'm here for it, because fuck Grammys.

my thoughts exactly

I truly admire her for that

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

my thoughts exactly

I truly admire her for that

Watching her face fall at this year's Grammys was upsetting and distressing. I never want to experience that again, and I don't think she does, either.

Don't need no Grammys

:agree:

She and anyone else had to be crazy to imagine she’d win at the Grammys when it was obvious how the industry was pushing Billie

The things NFR accomplished with year end lists for 2019 and the decade as a whole is more impressive and honestly holds more weight critically imo than the Grammys do, they are just a popularity contest.

But ya I don’t think she will like campaign like she did for NFR ever again lol, especially with this album

I feel like the typewritten rant was at least partially a result of her stewing over how corrupt and rigged the industry is, including the Grammys.

I don't feel like re-opening the can of worms, but she admitted on the Grammys red carpet that NFR was a "safe" album (not verbatim, because I don't remember if she used that word, or just implied).

I'm glad we're over that phase, and can move on to making music she wants to make, again. :yesnod:

can we NOT pit two amazing and powerful women against each other?

Not pinning anyone against anyone but when Taylor literally rips lyrics off it’s almost disrespectful I mean “Vintage tee - dancing in your Levi’s - drunk under a street light - the sweatshirt you put me on and said I was your favourite - kiss in cars and downtown bars” This is straight up Lana Del Rey rhetoric it’s not just influence it’s a re-work and I can’t get behind that sorry

Not pinning anyone against anyone but when Taylor literally rips lyrics off it’s almost disrespectful I mean “Vintage tee - dancing in your Levi’s - drunk under a street light - the sweatshirt you put me on and said I was your favourite - kiss in cars and downtown bars” This is straight up Lana Del Rey rhetoric it’s not just influence it’s a re-work and I can’t get behind that sorry

And don't forget that music video for Wildest Dreams where she not only completely looks like Lana but also (sometimes LITERALLY) copies her lyrics. Just a few of the most obvious rip-offs:

- He said, "Let's get out of this town, drive out of the city away from the crowds"

- I thought, "Heaven can't help me now"

- Nothin' lasts forever but this is gonna take me down

- He's so tall and handsome as hell, he's so bad but he does it so well

- I can see the end as it begins

- Say you'll remember me standin' in a nice dress, starin' at the sunset, babe

- Red lips and rosy cheeks

- Wildest dreams, wildest dreams

- I said, "No one has to know what we do"

- I bet these memories will follow you around

This is so obvious not even her fans can deny it.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I think she will drop the cover art (and possibly, the tracklist) right after Violet drops on Tuesday. 

Unlikely do a pre-order without it.

She has to at this point.

It’s weird that Taylor’s Lana lyrical influence comes from like the Paradise era, and there’s a song & dance from Taylor trying to re-corner that genre.

At least it gives Lana more freedom. Lest not forget how she announced White Hot Forever shortly after NFR dropped. She’s at her creative peak.

i still don't know why she spoiled basically the whole album with snippets and released like almost half of all the songs months before the album's release, as much as I love NFR hearing it for the first time was so underwhelming. really don't know why why she released HIADT as a single and I kinda wish she made Venice Bitch a surprise

Agree with you that she teased way too much back then.

I see her snippets as a way to let us in on her process and progression. She did the same with the last songs of LFL (at least, she teased no more than five songs and there were still surprises, contrary to Norman, like you said). Also, I think she sometimes was too proud of the song and she could not not share it with us as soon as it was finished (Cinnamon Girl), even if it spoiled the song a bit. As for the singles, well, MAC and VB really had that feeling of “the end of summer” (plus she had that Palestine fiasco she had to have “disappeared” of the collective mind). As for Hope, I guess she had to give us something at this point, because the pre-release was dragging on. Just like you, I sometimes wonder if we had heard VB on the album for the first time, what would our reactions would have been...

In the source code of her webstore, the date 05/08/2020 shows up as a starting date for some action, which I'm thinking is the pre-order, set for August 5, 2020.

I know some of you may be thinking that 05/08/2020 could be May 8, 2020, but I also found the date 2020.07.13 in her source code, which would be year, month, date. Reverse that, and you have date, month year.

Date: 5

Month: 8

Year: 2020

And this would be roughly a month before the release date. I know we've been speculating this already but I hope this offers some concrete evidence!

Attached below.

https://imgur.com/vkxUfJP

The "HotJar Code" basically tracks activity - which would point to recording the amount of traffic her site gets when the album is made available for pre-order!

Lanaboards > FBI.

Good job!!!! Plus all of this makes sense. You are a genius!

In the source code of her webstore, the date 05/08/2020 shows up as a starting date for some action, which I'm thinking is the pre-order, set for August 5, 2020. 

I know some of you may be thinking that 05/08/2020 could be May 8, 2020, but I also found the date 2020.07.13 in her source code, which would be year, month, date. Reverse that, and you have date, month year.

Date: 5

Month: 8 

Year: 2020

And this would be roughly a month before the release date. I know we've been speculating this already but I hope this offers some concrete evidence!

Attached below.

https://imgur.com/vkxUfJP

The "HotJar Code" basically tracks activity - which would point to recording the amount of traffic her site gets when the album is made available for pre-order!

You are a GOD thank you for this :kris:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven