Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i would love this album to have sounds along the lines of Lucky Ones and Lolita demos...those upbeat 60s vibes with the four-on-the-floor drum beats matched with the glittery guitars are heavenly

Ugh yes yes yes!!! That also reminds me of what she said about some of the NFR outtakes in that Seattle radio station interview in October - how some songs were “hip-hop girl group” with a more 60s Shangri-La sensibility - even though that was done for the LFL title track, I could see that sound meshing with the Lucky Ones demo and retaining that heavy drum 60s sound!

Definitely agree and love that. And I think you’re onto something with associating White Hot Forever with the stars - she said to Q Magazine in October that she’s “only thinking in star signs” for the next record. I’m hoping she stays true to that! I personally could see really glittery guitars used in that song and throughout the whole record to word-paint/depict these stars!

I think the Lucky Ones demo with the heavy drums is super reminiscent of Nancy Sinatra so I could see something in that vein being the “bop” of this album - its warm guitars would fit in really well, and of course the obvious lyrics from the chorus if we’re talking about star signs and being in love!

I’m so excited too! I definitely think that this is going to be the case and it’s amazing - I’m all for a super candid narrative and return to roots!

Actually haven't heard that before, so thanks for the ref! hmm but personally I feel like the drums in it seem a bit overactive(?) and guess that's why its on the demo, but! i do get 60's beat w it, so I personally think that'd be a sweet spot.. 

when I think of Nancy S Lana, I immediately think of Dangerous Girl, those opening horns/guitar(?), that kind of energy/vibe. or she could totally slow it down w QOTGS, Trash Magic, and I forget that one song, about her singing to a young guy/her son..? Driving In Cars W Boys, Queen of Disaster eveenn.. Fine China imagery n wordageeee 

I wonder if the star signs song is still a thing w her, and if so how she'll put it in the album. 

I wonder if what she's been posting's her way of more subtly letting us in on everything.. and if so, back to facts, she acknowledged WHF so it's a good sign. I'm just worried that the record might be construed as more, sporadic if the music's more active.. n I hope that it's still well put together, which now gets me thinking about how BtD's sorta similar to that album structure, which personally, would be soooo great! 

UV/Honeymoon

Oh My god...I just had a dream she was performing the tile track (COCC) for the first time. Then I woke up half way through the song..my hearts beating like crazy lol. It was similar to NFR (title track) but had a MTWBT vibe, some flute and glorious production. I’m probably going to be so disappointed when it sounds nothing like my dream.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

From an ATRL insider:

The album is pretty much finished and being mastered so I guess it might be out in September after all
some known tracks made it

I love LMLYLAW, it reminds me of Fine China, but it has strong NFR touch to it 

Wait, known songs as unreleased songs??

That's what I'm asking myself too. The only known songs meant for this album we know about are White Hot Forever /Tulsa Jesus Freak and Let Me Love You Like A Woman, Grenadine Quarantine, and If this is the end ... I want a boyfriend, but one of the last two or both could be poetry

WHF/ TJF and LMLYLW are pretty much confirmed to be on the record according to the ATRL insider and Lanas IG post.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Also how can it be just finished? Vinyls should be in production for 2 months now

Hmmm...you are right..maybe he meant music videos or the physical copies will arrive later idk  ..  or this insider is fake 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I feel like Tulsa Jesus Freak isn't a song title but omg I would LIVE if it actually is and it's some kind of "wtf was I thinking im a bad bitch after all" anthem  :defeated:  in my imagination it opens up w the lines

"Remember how the men would bow just to hear me speak

But now I'm somehow at the mercy of this Tulsa Jesus Freak  :diva: "

and then it goes on to drag Sean and their relationship omg I would LIVE

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Okay I might be delusional and y'all could yell at me for that and yeah I like to fool myself but what if Yosemite is one of the some known songs. I think after TNBAR it could be possible. It's an acoustic song and if this going to be in a folky vein it would probably fit. And it was Lanas fave song from LFL and  I think she still has this song in her mind and didn't forget about it.  And the album will be affected by her relationship with Sean. In the beginning, it seems like she was happy with him and she was in love but then they broke up. Yosemite is about doing it for the right reasons, maybe everything including the break up was for the right reason and they thought that they would work better as friends or whatever and maybe that's the way she thinks about the relationship, that everything that happened was for the right reasons. They did it all for fun, for free and for the right reasons and Sean probably for some fame. And she said that she has the fantasy that great romances, friendships and so on could stand the test of time. Maybe that was what she felt at the beginning of their relationship...that they could stand the test of time...

The album could contain more happy songs at the beginning including Yosemite and then in the middle part everything is going down... quarantine, post break up thoughts and so on

So, in conclusion, I wouldn't be shocked if Yosemite would appear on the tracklist but if it's not on the tracklist  then it's totally fine as well

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Someone asked the insider if Hey Blue Baby and Stupid for being happy will be on COCC. Imagine he would say yes..then a country album would pretty much be confirmed...wouldn't mind a few country standalone tracks but a whole album..

hopefully not  :scoff:

OiUHEXQ.jpg