Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think it's just going to be a literal surprise release like she said - and after her Question for the Culture post, it would make sense for her to just be all about the music with no need for hype or promotion. What I love about Lana is that she's just all about the music, and I think she will continue that route for now.

Exactly! Us making assumptions only makes it worse. I didn’t check this forum the last two days because everyone lost their mind over something that would not happen. I’m happy it’s this way. I’d love to hear an album that only has brand new songs.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Exactly! Us making assumptions only makes it worse. I didn’t check this forum the last two days because everyone lost their mind over something that would not happen. I’m happy it’s this way. I’d love to hear an album that only has brand new songs.

Same! I think that as much fun as it is to speculate about the release date, it has personally led me ultimately nowhere LOL! Accepting the fact that the album will come out regardless of my vying for hints or clues has brought me ease - and it makes for a more peaceful first listening experience too! :)

Guys I know I’ll repeat myself but: since Lust for Life Lana told us dates that always turned out to be inexact. According to Lana LFL was supposed to come out may 2017, and it came out July 2017. NFR first months of 2019 and it came out August 2019. So COCC will never be released in one month.

She never gave that May date. We simply deduced it.

plsss Lana never said May for LFL. that was just us LDR fans foolishly assuming it came out in May because we were hungry for music at that point.

It was supposed to come out in May, because an interview said so. But indeed she never said it herself! The date must have changed. Either way it would have been released the same date as it was now. I think she felt hurried by the leak of Love

Yeah, it came from a press release, iirc

But she never said it herself, she only tweeted that "July 21 fam" mess

May 26 was never written anywhere I think... It was just a « good date » for her to release because no one else that big was releasing that day. Agree that the tweet was just bleh, but then again, we were all over her socials for a damn date. At least, with NFR, we had our first real clues from her at her summer concerts (« couple of weeks » « next month »).

I love how she announced HM: picture of the cover on a billboard and September 18th as the caption.

It was supposed to come out in May, because an interview said so. But indeed she never said it herself! The date must have changed. Either way it would have been released the same date as it was now. I think she felt hurried by the leak of Love

She confirmed in an interview that she wanted initially to release Love in April. That leak kinda rushed and dragged on the pre-release of LFL, although nothing nowhere as long as NFR.

May 26 was never written anywhere I think... It was just a « good date » for her to release because no one else that big was releasing that day. Agree that the tweet was just bleh, but then again, we were all over her socials for a damn date. At least, with NFR, we had our first real clues from her at her summer concerts (« couple of weeks » « next month »).

I love how she announced HM: picture of the cover on a billboard and September 18th as the caption.

She confirmed in an interview that she wanted initially to release Love in April. That leak kinda rushed and dragged on the pre-release of LFL, although nothing nowhere as long as NFR.

I never knew this :rip: thanks for clearing this for me :)

Guys I just heard back from my source regarding cocc. But I'm not allowed to tell you until Lana herself makes a move

so what's the point of having a "source" if you won't spill the tea boo boo

I did my best threatening the Ouija Board and these are some things it told me about the album....

- it will have 17 Tracks
- it will be a Spring release
- It's a country album.
- Lana Del Rey hates her fans.

This being a country album is my lowkey but legit fear in the background  :creep:  pls n o....

i think she unknowingly had all her projects run into each other; the poetry book, navajo project and the album. maybe for her it's best that she doesn't say or do anything until the week of release cause it's probably overwhelming to have all of that going on at the same time and naturally the other two came before the album so that's what she put most of her time into

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Every single album from Lana has had a different direction and sound. I'm actually here for an Americana album tbh, though I highly doubt that would happen. After hearing the two (Country-ish) tracks she did with Jack live, I'm totally down for it. Sure I'm in the minority here. Gotta think tho, Country and Blues songs always have melancholy undertones to them (especially the Blues), I happen to think the Queen of melancholy lyrics could do really well going in that direction. Again, sure I'm in the minority

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png