Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

About a hundred pages ago I talked about how the NFR font is in the style of Roy Lichtenstein, and I predicted that Lana is going to start a new tradition by making a visual reference to a famous mid-century American artist on each of her album covers from now on. I thought she was going to reference Slim Aarons for this cover and I was wrong about that, but I was still right overall because the cover is going to be shot at a Frank Lloyd Wright house!

So this is more likely a magazine shoot than the album cover right? Not sure what to think of this. It's very Lana though, excited.  :)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I hope this isn't for the cover because that would mean a pre-order/Sept 5 physical release would be out the window

However, it makes sense that it is because California only recently lifted restrictions, I believe? 

So I just hope there's a digital release on Sept 5

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I hope this isn't for the cover because that would mean a pre-order/Sept 5 physical release would be out the window

However, it makes sense that it is because California only recently lifted restrictions, I believe? 

So I just hope there's a digital release on Sept 5

I think it is for the cover, just because the location and styling really match the title, but I think she’ll have the cover edited and ready in time for pre-order later this month and for a digital release on Sept 4/5. If that’s the case, then a physical release in November seems likely!

idk of this photo has been posted yet but holy shit
the idea of this being the counterpart to NFRs cover is making me hyperventilate like omg this could be everything the gays have needed

edit: https://imgur.com/wE38aGL

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I thought she was shooting the cover these past days bc chuck + lana on top of a car = cover material, but idk either way it makes me feel suspicious if the album is coming in less than one month, unless she's dropping the album first and the physical copies later... maybe she's just doing photoshoots or promotional things or whatever, but whatever it is, it's already better than the nfr visuals lmao

As far as the album cover goes, will there be another mode of transportation? A plane would make sense, but perhaps too predictable... So curious what it's going to be.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I don't think it's going to come out the 5th of September, but September does seem very likely now that Ben posted that new music is coming

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

SPECULATIONS BASED ON RECENT EVENTS:

- Charlie shot the Tulsa Jesus Freak video at Lana’s house (on the same day he shot some of the poetry recitations Lana has posted on Instagram). This happened in late July, as she posted the first videos of this look on TikTok on July 31st and on Instagram on August 1st. Chuck took pictures on set for a single cover/promo and the Instagram pictures we got yesterday are behind the scenes pics of that project from late July.

- Nicole Nodland or Chuck shot the album cover today at the Eric Lloyd Wright house in Malibu.

- Due to the album cover being shot less than a month before the release date, as well as likely production delays due to COVID-19, we’ll only get digital formats on September 4/5 and physical releases later in the fall.

the album could still very well come out sep 5th with the cover being shot today, lust for life physical copies shipped like 4 months after release

Nah. You could go to the store and buy the CD the day the album was released

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

the album could still very well come out sep 5th with the cover being shot today, lust for life physical copies shipped like 4 months after release

Same with the vinyls for Violet coming out in October!

Nah. You could go to the store and buy the CD the day the album was released

CDs yes, but the LFL vinyls weren’t shipped until September 29.

I don’t know why people think an album shoot would be an issue for the Sept release? It’s a photo, she’ll most likely just be standing there like all her albums.

NFR has some design behind it, but her album covers could be shot, edited within a couple days really.

I don’t know why people think an album shoot would be an issue for the Sept release? It’s a photo, she’ll most likely just be standing there like all her albums.

NFR has some design behind it, but her album covers could be shot, edited within a couple days really.

If Sept 5 is only the digital release then there is no issue, but it has obvious implications for a physical release. There isn't enough time between now and then to print and organise everything, most likely. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

After the most recent snippet, I hope we get a maroon type of vinyl. Digital releases would b real quick, I know w Taylor’s stuff, vinyls and merch are to b shipped around 16ish(?) weeks, so that might b the case w this too.

Pros’d b that her team could better gauge what to offer, cons’d b when we got it.

UV/Honeymoon