Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i just asked the ebay seller of the interview mag to send me a picture of the inside for Lana’s interview. We will see if he responds...

I’m pretty sure this seller owns a store or works at store that sells magazines cause I’ve bought from him before. 

1 minute ago, 99centlips said:

i just asked the ebay seller of the interview mag to send me a picture of the inside for Lana’s interview. We will see if he responds...

I’m pretty sure this seller owns a store or works at store that sells magazines cause I’ve bought from him before. 

a few people already have, so we dont think hes gonna reply :/

21 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I also agree that a "surprise" drop wouldn't have worked well. We all know damn well she'd drop it, post about one of her dancers having a baby on instagram, the go back into hiding for 10 months :rip:

one of her dancers had a baby!? which:party:

31 minutes ago, iwannadie said:

otoh, has she recently ever done promo that actually increased significantly her album's popularity? and especially now, with all the social restrictions, is there something really impactful that she would do? 

I mean, album trailers, a music video drop or two, radio interviews, etc.all before the album is more traditional promo, like she did for her other projects.  Im not talking about anything to gain her press or popularity, just to feed her base and build up some excitement to the era. A successful surprise drop usually has videos ready to go, a really strong and bold vision, and lasts longer than the release day itself... things which as much as I love her, I just doubt she would do

Just now, White Dress said:

I mean, album trailers, a music video drop or two, radio interviews, etc.all before the album is more traditional promo, like she did for her other projects.  Im not talking about anything to gain her press or popularity, just to feed her base and build up some excitement to the era. A successful surprise drop usually has videos ready to go, a really strong and bold vision, and lasts longer than the release day itself... things which as much as I love her, I just doubt she would do

yeah I totally get that, I was playing devil's advocate, wondering if she really needs a proper roll-out 

her charting is mainly sustained by sales and non-single streams even years after release thanks to her (albeit not massive) pretty loyal fan base 

I think it’s a beautiful thing that we had no idea there would be an Interview Magazine cover and it was a complete surprise. Imagine how many more surprise photoshoots, visuals, and other things we don’t even know about, are on the way! :flutter:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it’s a beautiful thing that we had no idea there would be an Interview Magazine cover and it was a complete surprise. Imagine how many more surprise photoshoots, visuals, and other things we don’t even know about, are on the way! :flutter:

yes! I'm still feeling excited 

anticipation of pleasure is a pleasure in itself 

1 hour ago, iwannadie said:

otoh, has she recently ever done promo that actually increased significantly her album's popularity? and especially now, with all the social restrictions, is there something really impactful that she would do? 

That prediction page on Twitter that uses cards to see what’s happening said that she’ll do some kind of online show along COCC release where she is going to talk about every track and even the reason for the delay. She will supposedly drop new merch on that show too

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I couldn’t agree more! 

Same, I feel so much more excited now!!! THE BEST ERA YET IS COMING

0YnL0Kf.gif

Can people stop acting like NFR was Lana's peak just because it was the most acclaimed album she released, it is literally so watered down and boring. I don't understand what about it is so "authentic" lmao, that's just sounds like pretentious talk. The question for the culture post makes it crystal clear that NFR is not *that* authentic to Lana herself. 

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

That prediction page on Twitter that uses cards to see what’s happening said that she’ll do some kind of online show along COCC release where she is going to talk about every track and even the reason for the delay. She will supposedly drop new merch on that show too

I would love this but I hope she goes more in depth than UV audio commentary 

Just now, Crack Prince said:

Can people stop acting like NFR was Lana's peak just because it was the most acclaimed album she released, it is literally so watered down and boring. I don't understand what about it is so "authentic" lmao, that's just sounds like pretentious talk. The question for the culture post makes it crystal clear that NFR is not authentic to Lana herself. 

i do believe it was authentic BUT I also feel like she omitted part of her vision.. as in more deliberate, calculated choices and less spontaneous imho

14 minutes ago, iwannadie said:

I would love this but I hope she goes more in depth than UV audio commentary 

She’s still working on that. Btw, that page also said that she is working on 2 albums, one is complete (COCC I guess). 
they also predicted the delay, and they were right

0YnL0Kf.gif

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

She’s still working on that. Btw, that page also said that she is working on 2 albums, one is complete (COCC I guess). 
they also predicted the delay, and they were right

it's standard for her to start working on a new record before she releases one 

7 minutes ago, Crack Prince said:

Can people stop acting like NFR was Lana's peak just because it was the most acclaimed album she released, it is literally so watered down and boring. I don't understand what about it is so "authentic" lmao, that's just sounds like pretentious talk. The question for the culture post makes it crystal clear that NFR is not *that* authentic to Lana herself. 

No one is saying NFR was Lana’s peak? Personally I wouldn’t call songs like Venice Bitch, The Greatest, MAC or Bartender boring. L4L was hella boring and ugly - I can see how NFR can be seen as a rebirth in comparison.

‘Authentic’ as in more relatable and closer to normal people’s experiences than Lana talking about gambling men, easy riders, coke dealers and the likes (which I equally love btw).
Agreed that she toned it down on NFR which earned her praise but still there’s only so many times one can talk about fame and Hollywood and old Americana without sounding derivative. 

17 minutes ago, Crack Prince said:

On NFR, I do get that her emotions are a bit more “raw” than on other records, where her voice can sometimes be a bit more “detached” to the story and emotions. This is the reason why it’s one of her best. Violet and Norman, together, is her magnum opus, for me, at the moment.