Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

my thoughts about the entire album, track by track

Spoiler

White Dress: It’s drop dead gorgeous. The vocals are SO unusual for Lana, and they might be rough and all but its so beautiful. One of her best openers for sure – the production is also great. The last few lines really got me in my feelings, it was so sad.

Chemtrails: Love Chemtrails! Don’t need to say much about this song, weve all been listening. I like how WD flows into it, since their production style is pretty similar

Tulsa Jesus Freak: Hearing this in hq is so weird after listening to the snippet??? Y’all make fun of Jack over his piano but I love it so much on this track. The autotune gives it a very special feeling, the way the song evolves oh WOW. I got absolute chills @ the White Hot Forever line. We might not have gotten Dealer but we still have screaming Lana, so that’s cute! I think its superior to Cinnamon Girl, there seems to be more to the track than CG.

LMLYLAW Ive grown to appreciate this song a lot more after the release of COCC, and it fits very nicely after TJF. I like it a lot.

Wild at Heart the first thing I thought when Lana started to sing was Chelsea Hotel #2. I thought it was kinda cute, like alright but not amazing until the chorus started hitting. I love the guitar Jack is using in the chorus. It almost sounds like he’s sampling How To Disappear’s bridge here. I also feel this is gonna end up as popular as HTD aka only fans with taste are gonna appreciate it :gaycat:

Dark But Just A Game idk I expected this to sound entirely different? Its not what I expected at all. I think its my least favorite song so far, not that I dislike it though. It’s kind of giving me 2010-2011 Lana Del Ray pop vibes

Not All Who Wander Are Lost folky, we can hear Jack talking in the background which is a cute addition, I like that! So many people hate on Jack for leaving little imperfections in the song instead of editing them out, but these make his songs sound special. She’s a cute song, I don’t really know any song I could compare this to

Yosemite Yasss the guitar opening I love it! This is pretty much how I expected this song to sound oh wow. The melody is kind of reminiscent of the LFL demos? The chorus is so beautiful, the live snippet she performed really did not do it justice. It’s goddamn beautiful, such a slow burner! There’s just something about Rick’s production here… A masterpiece.

Breaking Up Slowly Yeeeeehaw. I believe Wild at Heart should have followed Yosemite, not this song. Ngl this kind of just killed my vibe, to hear Nikki’s voice right after the personal and beautiful Yosemite :rip: Its… just not good, and I was not a hater after the live performance, I was always ready to give it a chance

Dance Till We Die She’s screaming whewwwww, she’s really got it with the screaming on this record? The first half of the song was cute, but then she started belting out these notes and the song evolves into this kind of 60s pop song, I LOVE IT

For Free I love the original production of Joni’s version of For Free, but I love this one here too! Again, Nikki & Natalie are both doing main vocals, so its deffo a feature ? I really like this cover, although I believe DTWD would have made a better closer. But then again, I like when artists are putting the covers at the end of the album to “separate” it from their own work.

Let me just say that Lana kind of switched it up here concerning her vocal style imo? The vocals on WD, TJF and DTWD are all something she hasn’t really ventured in, at least in her released discography. I like this album a lot, the only real dud was BUS, that ones just straight up bad ngl. My ranking

1)     Yosemite

2)     Wild At Heart

3)     White Dress

4)     Tulsa Jesus Freak

5)     Chemtrails

6)     Dance Till We Die

7)     Let Me Love You Like A Woman

8)     Dark But Just A Game

9)     Not All Who Wander Are Lost

10)  For Free

11)  Breaking Up Slowly

image.png

Just now, HunterSThompson said:

Wait........ 

Hide contents

What do you guys mean when you say Wild At Heart has the same production as HTD

Spoiler

same guitars as in the HTD instrumental break. It almost sounds like he sampled it?

image.png

Spoiler

YOSEMITE is what LFL should have BEEN. HER and TNBAR god what might have been really will remain a perpetual possibility only in a world of possibilities. SIS u had that and u added change?? what?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Spoiler

'Wild at Heart' is really sticking out for me thus far, the rest ain't bad (in a weird way it's kind of like 'Bartender' on steroid??). I like 'Yosemite', 'White Dress' is a good intro, love the melody, but the vocals aren't my cup of tea.

So what is the "genre" of this album? (Kind of a dumb question I know) 

Spoiler

Is it very guitar/piano driven or is it more produced like a pop record orrrrr

Edited by Clampigirl
Please put details about the song in spoilers <3

some thoughts about yosemite

Spoiler

i honestly think lana reworked the LFL demos into Yosemite! the melodies are very reminiscent of both the first demo and the Max Martin demo. 

image.png

7 minutes ago, NoSalvation77 said:

É minha opinião . 

Where the link? 

Mod note: This user has been warned and put on mod queue for asking for a link.

Edited by Clampigirl

3 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

So what is the "genre" of this album? (Kind of a dumb question I know) 

Spoiler

Is it very guitar/piano driven or is it more produced like a pop record orrrrr

Spoiler

I'd say singer-songwriter

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven