Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think my top five is (no particular order):

Spoiler

White Dress

Title track

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Dark But Just a Game

Dance Till We Die

Okay everyone, chill. We don't need an endless supply of "I hate Jared" posts because we already know you do. Jared is allowed to have his opinion, just ignore and move on. 

@Jared, likewise, please don't be inflamatory towards other members - generalising everyone into "ungrateful fucks" is just not true and a really bizarre claim. Also please use spoilers, I have edited your post as per our admin's request to keep discussion hidden.

3lfQEhw.png

Anyways...

Spoiler

I WAS BORED SO I FINALLY LISTENED

tenor.gif

Spoiler

It was one hell of a ride, listening to a song and saying "a fave, SOTY" and then the next song came in and it was another serve????

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

DELULUKING SWEETIE I'M SO SORRY YOSEMITE DESTROYED MEEE

uI8Vm2Vd.jpg

Spoiler

A masterpiece...of course Honeymoon and AKA's child did that

10-twitter-moments-grammy-edition-3.gif

Spoiler

The Grammy dinosaurs better nominate this...NFR was great but this really deserves an award

Oprah-Winfrey-angry.jpg

Spoiler

I'm still a fucking mess in my party dress, this was not a proper review :trisha:

Capture.jpg

Spoiler

Anyways I’ve been thinking about the title of the album and 

usually I feel like her album titles fit the mood of the album perfectly but this one I’m not so sure. I love COCC the song and think it’s one of her very best title tracks, but I am left sort of not understanding the title and how it relates to much of the music, which is never usually the case 

but I also don’t know what other song would have been a good title track? I think knowing that not all who wander are losts original title was Wanderlust would have been a cool album title and another really striking one word title in her discography  

the album is all about feeling free and finding peace I feel like so just thought it could fit with the goal of trying to reach that

any one have any thoughts ? Idk this is rambling lol

Can we all just appreciate how much Neils fucking cover fits after hearing the album. It really evokes the vibe this album has! 

Spoiler

I always felt like chemtrails (the title track) was her kind of accepting fate. I felt like she looked at the chemtrails as something to watch and look at because she realizes that there's nothing she can do about them (in a literal sense). so, the album themes of her feeling free and finding peace kind of go along with that - she no longer worries about what she can't control and focuses on the things in life most important to her :)

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Anyways I’ve been thinking about the title of the album and 

usually I feel like her album titles fit the mood of the album perfectly but this one I’m not so sure. I love COCC the song and think it’s one of her very best title tracks, but I am left sort of not understanding the title and how it relates to much of the music, which is never usually the case 

but I also don’t know what other song would have been a good title track? I think knowing that not all who wander are losts original title was Wanderlust would have been a cool album title and another really striking one word title in her discography  

the album is all about feeling free and finding peace I feel like so just thought it could fit with the goal of trying to reach that

any one have any thoughts ? Idk this is rambling lol

2 minutes ago, DLT said:

Can we all just appreciate how much Neils fucking cover fits after hearing the album. It really evokes the vibe this album has! 

Spoiler

Totally! The actual cover ain't got nothing to do with the music... but anyway 

6 minutes ago, DLT said:

Spoiler

I was honestly going to write something about that earlier, but I got distracted. To me with the context of the full album now, the current cover makes absolutely no sense. It's so random and it doesn't fit the vibe of the album, or aesthetic, or sound? It's completely and absolutely non-sensical. It's an obvious afterthought.

4 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I always felt like chemtrails (the title track) was her kind of accepting fate. I felt like she looked at the chemtrails as something to watch and look at because she realizes that there's nothing she can do about them (in a literal sense). so, the album themes of her feeling free and finding peace kind of go along with that - she no longer worries about what she can't control and focuses on the things in life most important to her :)

Spoiler

Ok I love this and I hadn’t thought about it that way

:trisha: