Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

God, the Portishead influence on dbjag. 

Also, am I crazy for also hearing some Oasis in it? There's something so britpop about that stellar fucking (chorus?) (the best ones lost their minds... :(:poordat:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

The interview mag interview makes so much sense now that I’ve heard the album.

How Jack mentioned breaking things down and Lana wondering if it was country or not being sure what genre.

The album is eclectic in a sense that it’s hard to pin down but def a cohesive piece overall. 

I’d venture to say this is her most personal and introspective work. I kind of feel like that’s why she isn’t that into talking about it or promoting it as much.  She kind of just wants to put it out there and have it taken however people take it. 

Idk I’m really loving it.  I’m gonna sit with it some more before I rank it amongst her other albums. 

Track Ranking:

Spoiler

Dark But Just A Game

White Dress

Dance Till We Die

Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

Wild At Heart

Chemtrails 
Tulsa

Breaking Up

Yosemite

LMLYLAW

For Free

This was hard lol. I’m sure it will change a bit but I’m fairly certain my top half will remain pretty consistent. 

Dark and White dress really are those tracks. DTWD’s bridge alone is just iconic. Overall I think all the tracks are very strong.  Yosemite to me is so good minus the chorus. It really throws it off for me.  I love Breaking Up but I also want Lana to release a full country album so no surprise there lol. Tulsa does sit lower than I expected but it’s still very sexy and experimental. Just kind of all over the place a bit.  

Spoiler

The way I want to propose to my man at Yosemite (the place) with Yosemite (the song) playing in the background. Since we’re trying to keep our COVID travel plans within the US we have plans to visit the park in September and as I listen to the song with the lyrics on my screen I’m resonating with a lot of them. 

The contrasts of Yosemite’s lyrics with the melancholic melody are striking to me. A Mazzy Star-infused, somber arrangement juxtaposed with a love letter penned to Lana’s lover professing her lover’s ability to bring out her invincibility, her unapologetic visibility, her good nature and spirit doing things for the right reasons - completely resonate with my core. As the world around us changes the relationship doesn’t, and there’s a permanence and stability inherently built within that framework that yields comfort, rest, and security knowing things are going to work out. 

That’s how I feel about my relationship. We stepped into this loosely dating, for free, for fun, for all the right reasons in getting to know each other. The funny part is that there was never an infatuation period where we were absolutely crazy about each other. Rather, it was much more organic. I showed up for him at every date, and he showed up for me. And naturally we slowly built this trusting relationship where our lives meshed together like puzzle pieces. We might have our disagreements from time to time yet there’s always respect, kindness, and a will to withstand the changing seasons. 

:xcry:

19 minutes ago, uvbabe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hate to say it but my least favorite is Wild at Heart, I like it and think it's a good song but among the rest it's the weakest for me :horror2:

worms for brains 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Spoiler

Jack's back must be hurting real bad from carrying Lana's career right now. My goodness, he's carrying her real hard on this album. It's so obvious,  even a blind and a deaf person could notice. You ungrateful fucks, all those who have spent past 3 years trashing him, better go make him an altar and pray he doesn't decide to drop Lana. She's fucked without him. Jack Antonoff is the reason why NFR,  a career-defining magnum opus that got her the massive recognition and respect (that she quickly squandered) exists. Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album is somewhat listenable (it sure as hell ain't Lana's songwriting). Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album won't end up being panned completely. Jack Antonoff is the reason why Lana's career is still showing some signs of life (a weak pulse, but it's something).

And speaking of Jack, I should note that he has outdone himself on Dark But Just A Game and Dance Till We Die,  best two songs on this album, by far. I'm going to take these two songs and send Jack some nice messages of support! 

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack's back must be hurting real bad from carrying Lana's career right now. My goodness, he's carrying her real hard on this album. It's so obvious,  even a blind and a deaf person could notice. You ungrateful fucks, all those who have spent past 3 years trashing him, better go make him an altar and pray he doesn't decide to drop Lana. She's fucked without him. Jack Antonoff is the reason why NFR,  a career-defining magnum opus that got her the massive recognition and respect (that she quickly squandered) exists. Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album is somewhat listenable (it sure as hell ain't Lana's songwriting). Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album won't end up being panned completely. Jack Antonoff is the reason why Lana's career is still showing some signs of life (a weak pulse, but it's something).

And speaking of Jack, I should note that he has outdone himself on Dark But Just A Game and Dance Till We Die,  best two songs on this album, by far. I'm going to take these two songs and send Jack some nice messages of support! 

You really deserved your 'Biggest Lana Hater' lipster, Jared.

16 minutes ago, Jared said:

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, Jared said:

Only 3 months in and there won't be a more misogynistic post than this on LB this year. Deplorable 

BzhmW.png

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Jared said:

jack : reuses instrumentals from previous album, creates bland and basic soundscape, generally flops

jared: :heart::cumming2::angie::xcry::angie: yes i need to sign back in to my account on a lana del rey forum to verbally suck jackoff's dick:jack:

Spoiler

Wander really gives me Yayo vibes during the chorus and I fucking love it.  Also the ending of it where she is harmonizing is just, yessss. I feel like it’s getting slept on for real in these rankings.