Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i cant find the leak (i havent really tried hard anyway) and anything i did find were just snippets so i think this is a sign that im meant to listen to it on the 19th 

its what the gods and monsters would want:ma:

ok so i'm listening to it now bc waiting sucks and

Spoiler

this album is all over the place for me.  songs like the title track, TJF, Dark are fantastic and count as career highlights, but overall this album is so much more hit and miss than her other material?  i'd argue this is more spotty than LFL, at least for now.  it might come back to bite me but this just doesn't catch me the same way NFR did.

also Wild at Heart is just a worse How to Disappear which is sad cuz HTD is underrated as hell

wait BUS... y'all were hating on nikki?  i hadn't heard this before now but this is so good. they harmonize great and the song is catchy as fuck... bye 

overall this album might be her worst which i hate saying, i hope it grows on me in some form because i didn't want it to be like this after her antics

song breakdowns:

Spoiler

white dress: a 6???  it's not bad but it has to grow on me

chemtrails: light 8.  catchy and a lot of good lyrics but it could use a bit more

tulsa jesus freak: light 9?  catchy, fun, hearing the WHF title drop w/o knowing about it in advance shook me

lmlylaw: like a 6, it's grown on me a little bit it's not great still.  underwhelming

wild at heart: 4 at best, fine enough song but it stands in htd's shadow in the worst way

dark but just a game: 8.5?  really fantastic, defs favorite new track

not all who wander are lost: like a 5, not bad but completely passed me by

yosemite: like a 6?  definitely feels darker than most of LFL yet it still feels like it would've fit just fine sonically.  not super engaging to me but i still like it

breaking up slowly: strong 8, sultry but catchy!  love nikki here tbh

dance till we die: like a 4?  just kinda meanders around.  it feels like it might grow on me but :/ WAIT THIS BRIDGE... 6.5ish

for free: like a 5.5 i was really insistent on not giving into the pre-release hate because that's not my style but this isn't fantastic... a little sleepy.  everyone sounds great on it tho

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I am definitely waiting too.(I think...)  I have to work the night it comes out. I'm sure I'll get in a quick listen but I won't be able to fully immerse myself with this album for a few days after the release date. I can wait a little longer. 

The fact we got cocc today :rollin:

but honestly, i don’t know how this album sits with me still. I wanna hear it all in correct order (I haven’t been bothered to download it, i can wait a week for that, i’ve just listened to it) but it definitely will flow better in original tracklist. BUS and FF are definitely skips for me. I love TJF, the “amen” part hahaha and also i wanna know what’s happening in the background sounds, like what is that??? What is she saying?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

okay i listened.......... lizzy grant has entered the chat 

Older May Jailer waves

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

I can see why fans (those who have listened) are divided on this album. In my opinion, it is cohesive, concise, intimate, and personal. It is definitely not something that someone is able to digest fully and easily on first listen. The studio noises and fuzziness, imperfect vocals (and I mean that in the best way), and the airiness of it all definitely make it so incredibly raw. I am in awe. When I hear the songs on this album, I just think of the word "dazzling". It truly is beautiful. From the high pitched, fast-paced vocals in 'White Dress' (which made me cry, btw), to the breathiness in 'Tulsa Jesus Freak', to even the witchiness and ominous vibes 'Yosemite' brings... it's just such an intimate experience. This album will grow on a lot of people, I think, and it'll be a standout in her discography for years to come. 

10 minutes ago, June Gloom said:

ok so i'm listening to it now bc waiting sucks and

Reveal hidden contents

this album is all over the place for me.  songs like the title track, TJF, Dark are fantastic and count as career highlights, but overall this album is so much more hit and miss than her other material?  i'd argue this is more spotty than LFL, at least for now.  it might come back to bite me but this just doesn't catch me the same way NFR did.

also Wild at Heart is just a worse How to Disappear which is sad cuz HTD is underrated as hell

wait BUS... y'all were hating on nikki?  i hadn't heard this before now but this is so good. they harmonize great and the song is catchy as fuck... bye 

overall this album might be her worst which i hate saying, i hope it grows on me in some form because i didn't want it to be like this after her antics

song breakdowns:

Reveal hidden contents

white dress: a 6???  it's not bad but it has to grow on me

chemtrails: light 8.  catchy and a lot of good lyrics but it could use a bit more

tulsa jesus freak: light 9?  catchy, fun, hearing the WHF title drop w/o knowing about it in advance shook me

lmlylaw: like a 6, it's grown on me a little bit it's not great still.  underwhelming

wild at heart: 4 at best, fine enough song but it stands in htd's shadow in the worst way

dark but just a game: 8.5?  really fantastic, defs favorite new track

not all who wander are lost: like a 5, not bad but completely passed me by

yosemite: like a 6?  definitely feels darker than most of LFL yet it still feels like it would've fit just fine sonically.  not super engaging to me but i still like it

breaking up slowly: strong 8, sultry but catchy!  love nikki here tbh

dance till we die: like a 4?  just kinda meanders around.  it feels like it might grow on me but :/ WAIT THIS BRIDGE... 6.5ish

for free: like a 5.5 i was really insistent on not giving into the pre-release hate because that's not my style but this isn't fantastic... a little sleepy.  everyone sounds great on it tho

these are my same issues with the album too

i don’t know how to explain it but it doesn’t feel like a full body of work. at the moment it kinda just feels... there? as though maybe it’s purpose is solely to be a bridge from NFR to the album after this one. the songs are overall enjoyable but somehow it feels more like an EP or a bunch of unreleased songs leaking at once rather than a fully fleshed out album project

RVhKIwP.gif

Spoiler

how is everyone feeling abt the autotune??? personally i love it it reminds of like birds of a feather and stuff it's so cute to me :poordat:

UbsOye5.png

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

how is everyone feeling abt the autotune??? personally i love it it reminds of like birds of a feather and stuff it's so cute to me :poordat:

Spoiler

the autotune at the end of tulsa jesus freak is such a nice touch and it's so satisfying :hair: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I can see why fans (those who have listened) are divided on this album. In my opinion, it is cohesive, concise, intimate, and personal. The studio noises and fuzziness, imperfect vocals (and I mean that in the best way), and the airiness of it all definitely make it so incredibly raw. I am in awe. When I hear the songs on this album, I just think of the word "dazzling". It truly is beautiful. From the high pitched, fast-paced vocals in 'White Dress' (which made me cry, btw), to the breathiness in 'Tulsa Jesus Freak', to even the witchiness and ominous vibes 'Yosemite' brings... it's just such an intimate experience. This album will grow on a lot of people I think, and it'll be a standout in her discography for years to come. 

i’m relistening now and it’s interesting. I think the best part about white dress is the way it ended. I honestly think white dress would’ve fit better ending the album tbh? Just the way the song ended… rather than starting with white dress. I like how the album is cohesive, it makes sense thematically throughout the entire thing, but I’m still so unsure about white dress as the first track. I love TJF though, that’s prolly my favorite track. I’m surprisingly shocked by Yosemite, I thought it was repetitive but still good. It makes sense for this album but now we need justice for Roses Bloom For You

giphy.gif

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

Hide contents

i’m relistening now and it’s interesting. I think the best part about white dress is the way it ended. I honestly think white dress would’ve fit better ending the album tbh? Just the way the song ended… rather than starting with white dress. I like how the album is cohesive, it makes sense thematically throughout the entire thing, but I’m still so unsure about white dress as the first track. I love TJF though, that’s prolly my favorite track. I’m surprisingly shocked by Yosemite, I thought it was repetitive but still good. It makes sense for this album but now we need justice for Roses Bloom For You

Spoiler

Definitely agree that WD would've been a great album closer! In a weird way, I feel it fits as an opener, too?? I think the abrupt ending of 'For Free' throws me off, which makes me think that another song would've been a better fit to close the album. 

Can someone plz erase this thought from my mind 

Spoiler

But I cringe sometimes when she repeats white hot forever after all the stuff that happened in 2020 with QFTC and since she’s also singing about Arkansas, a very racist place I think. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

1 minute ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

Definitely agree that WD would've been a great album closer! In a weird way, I feel it fits as an opener, too?? I think the abrupt ending of 'For Free' throws me off, which makes me think that another song would've been a better fit to close the album. 

i’m not gonna lie, i HATED white dress at first but now that i’ve given it a few listens…. I like it a lot tbh. It’s just a weird song, it reminds me of sorta Bartender too??? Which is weird to say. It’s interesting though. I’m on TJF, i said fuck it i’m listening to the tracks in order now and i find WD to just be a good closer with the instrumentals sort of ending and going quiet? It would’ve been such a good way to end off and set us on the journey that is the next album ughhhh lol but i can see why you might find it as a good opener, it’s a warm starter, kind of like NFR (although I think NFR was a better album opener)

does anyone know what she’s saying in the background of TJF? “I’m praying but you never learn” or I never learn?

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:
  Hide contents

listening to ldrakalg after listening to this album is :kiss:

Oh Say Can You See and Pawn Shop Blues would fit perfectly on it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Reveal hidden contents

i’m not gonna lie, i HATED white dress at first but now that i’ve given it a few listens…. I like it a lot tbh. It’s just a weird song, it reminds me of sorta Bartender too??? Which is weird to say. It’s interesting though. I’m on TJF, i said fuck it i’m listening to the tracks in order now and i find WD to just be a good closer with the instrumentals sort of ending and going quiet? It would’ve been such a good way to end off and set us on the journey that is the next album ughhhh lol but i can see why you might find it as a good opener, it’s a warm starter, kind of like NFR (although I think NFR was a better album opener)

Hide contents

does anyone know what she’s saying in the background of TJF? “I’m praying but you never learn” or I never learn?

2 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I think she says "you have to pray or you'll never learn", or "you have to pray, you never learn". And then "you know what I'm saying?" or "you know I'm a saint". TJF is definitely #1 on the album for me.

Spoiler

Oops.. she says "if you don't pray, you'll never learn".