Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

Seriously though, I've been having this feeling of nothingless lately... contemplating nothing while at the same time feeling so touched by it. I realize life is beautiful, and the things that I do are peaceful and well-intended; I do it for fun and for the right reasons, but I myself feel empty and with a weird low self-esteem, like I don't even exist. I am not the main character of my life, somehow. So this album, full of contemplative and thoughtful nothingness and existentialism is making me feel warm and nice. It's very special. Very complex feeling.

:wowcry: Need a hug

2 minutes ago, new gods said:
  Hide contents

how to disappear is now just like a cute little wild at heart reprise 

Spoiler

our country anthem about fleeing from fires...she ate that little christmas carol UP

i almost feel bad!

CAUSE BABY IM WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD AT HEAAAAAAAAART

her rent was due! eviction papers etc.

Spoiler

At its best, thematically, COCC reminds me of the one time I looked up at the rare clear blue winter sky and realized that there was a life worth living (it wasn’t the life I was living then but I could get out of it soon enough)

12 minutes ago, #glimmeringdarling said:
  Hide contents

I honestly think the title ‘Chemtrails Over The Country Club’ had absolutely nothing to do with the entirety of songs.. even the song itself failed to use the title as a main theme

This is one of the reasons why I can't really stand the song - it could've been a lyrical masterpiece about her being in an actual country club, seeing chemtrails etc, instead she just came up w/ a 'cool' title and stuck in the song

8 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

Seriously though, I've been having this feeling of nothingless lately... contemplating nothing while at the same time feeling so touched by it. I realize life is beautiful, and the things that I do are peaceful and well-intended; I do it for fun and for the right reasons, but I myself feel empty and with a weird low self-esteem, like I don't even exist. I am not the main character of my life, somehow. So this album, full of contemplative and thoughtful nothingness and existentialism is making me feel warm and nice. It's very special. Very complex feeling.

Bby i love you, i will hug u❤️

9 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh my God me too

Hug 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Spoiler

Wow we really saw Yosemite cult win today. That’s the best vocal delivery I’ve heard from her on maybe any of her major releases ever? It’s giving me cowgirl on the run in the dusky canyon night, purple twilight hanging heavily over everything. We have finally manifested something absolutely.... witchy :diva:

1 minute ago, theviolence said:

Oh my God me too

Hug 

How does it feel to you exactly? :defeated: Hug

14 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

you ARE the bad contemporary bitch and the main character luv

Spoiler

you’re white hot forever 

:fabcat::heart:

12 minutes ago, cellophane said:

This is one of the reasons why I can't really stand the song - it could've been a lyrical masterpiece about her being in an actual country club, seeing chemtrails etc, instead she just came up w/ a 'cool' title and stuck in the song

Why does everything have to be so specific? I feel like the ominous vibe of the second half of the song definitely reflects whatever she was going for in the title. In my opinion,

it builds off the nostalgia and pain of White Dress - becoming successful but longing for the simpler days, and how fame and success has complicated any sense of joy she can get out of the life she's built for herself. The album itself is pretty loose and airy and contemplative, I think she left it up to us to make the connections.