Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I really feel like this should be her last collab with Jack. I like the album, but I just don't think that this combination will create anything new or suprising anymore.

CoCc is different from NFR becauae it's more folky and somber, but I don't think the production is as good as it could have been with someone else. Time to move on and work with someone else

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

How does it feel to you exactly? :defeated: Hug

Almost exactly as you described; so detached from life but i still feel touched by all its beauty and love. Not hopeless, but so far away. Like a strange tourist on a permanent vacation 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Spoiler

I was a pretty little thing
And god I love to sing, but
Nothing came for me the one but pain
But fuck it

Life is sweet, well whatever, baby
Don't ever think it's not
While the whole world is crazy
We're making out in the parking lot

:crying5:

this & not all who wander are lost are the highlights of the album for me. White Dress is also stellar 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

3 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

Reveal hidden contents

we’re thinking it’s insta pot or insta thoughts 

Spoiler

Thank you! It makes so much sense now.

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Why does everything have to be so specific? I feel like the ominous vibe of the second half of the song definitely reflects whatever she was going for in the title. In my opinion,

Reveal hidden contents

it builds off the nostalgia and pain of White Dress - becoming successful but longing for the simpler days, and how fame and success has complicated any sense of joy she can get out of the life she's built for herself. The album itself is pretty loose and airy, I think she left it up to us to make the connections.

I feel like she just went a tad too vague/ off topic with her lyris on CoCc. It has such a dramatic title, yet it's meaning for the rest of the lyrics isn't very impactful. The "we do everyday rich kids stuff, but there os something menancing in the background" storyline does not evolve at all throughout the track.  Instead we get a cringy horoscope discussion

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Spoiler

So the production on this record as a whole is *beautiful*. It’s everything I wanted out of NFR. I don’t wanna make any preemptive proclamations but I really might think this is her most consistent record. Every album has a handful of songs I feel don’t measure up for me, but every song on this has something I loved.  

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I feel like she just went a tad too vague/ off topic with her lyris on CoCc. It has such a dramatic title, yet it's meaning for the rest of the lyrics isn't very impactful. The "we do everyday rich kids stuff, but there os something menancing in the background" storyline does not evolve at all throughout the track.  Instead we get a cringy horoscope discussion

Yeah, I get it. There's definitely a stream of consciousness feel to some of these songs, the title track included. I'm into it, but I totally get why others prefer more focus in the lyrics.

As much as I want to be part of this discussion still, its just a bunch of spoilers that I won't be opening because im waiting for the 19th. At this point, its basically a post leak-discussion thread :eyeroll2: 
Contemplating making a thread for those of us who hasn't listened to the leaks :toofunny:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

18 minutes ago, cellophane said:

This is one of the reasons why I can't really stand the song - it could've been a lyrical masterpiece about her being in an actual country club, seeing chemtrails etc, instead she just came up w/ a 'cool' title and stuck in the song

Yup. In the Interview interview she liked that White Dress's message is easily understood but on track 2 she poorly expands on the title and subject.

44 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

Seriously though, I've been having this feeling of nothingless lately... contemplating nothing while at the same time feeling so touched by it. I realize life is beautiful, and the things that I do are peaceful and well-intended; I do it for fun and for the right reasons, but I myself feel empty and with a weird low self-esteem, like I don't even exist. I am not the main character of my life, somehow. So this album, full of contemplative and thoughtful nothingness and existentialism is making me feel warm and nice. It's very special. Very complex feeling.

:wowcry: Need a hug

Love you, keep going!! Remember it’s only temporary. Plus you have this album to help you getting through this now <3 That’s the magic of getting a new record at the time in our lives we need it the most. And we don’t know each other much but if you ever need it, my DMs are always open

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

Love you, keep going!! Remember it’s only temporary. Plus you have this album to help you getting through this now <3 That’s the magic of getting a new record at the time in our lives we need it the most. And we don’t know each other much but if you ever need it, my DMs are always open

Thank you <3 :kiss: