Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes Ben is .....idk... he will then say "Oh noooooo. I respect the artists wishes. Boohooo Lana wants it like this." 

In reality he could actually milk alot out of Lana...he chooses not to. Imagine Lana on Kimmel. Or David Letterman. Performing BUS. Or DBJAG. ... but Ben wants Future Nostalgia X INFINITY B SIDE EDITIONS...

Ben wake up. It has leaked. Stop it. Either release the album this week digitally like u did for Dua or I think it's time for Lana to move to another management team honestly....

Releasing it digitally now would severely damage the sales and she’d have such a bad first week :(

Us as fans don’t care much for numbers, but her label surely does and even if she can’t beat Bieber, I think she’d still get #2 or #3. That’s why they can’t risk releasing it this week 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes Ben is .....idk... he will then say "Oh noooooo. I respect the artists wishes. Boohooo Lana wants it like this." 

In reality he could actually milk alot out of Lana...he chooses not to. Imagine Lana on Kimmel. Or David Letterman. Performing BUS. Or DBJAG. ... but Ben wants Future Nostalgia X INFINITY B SIDE EDITIONS...

Ben wake up. It has leaked. Stop it. Either release the album this week digitally like u did for Dua or I think it's time for Lana to move to another management team honestly....

I get that he might wanna do the business things together with Lana herself but it's clear that babygirl doesn't care about it at all and it's ok, she just needs a way better team to get involved for her 

Spoiler

I think this album best belongs in the Alternative Album Grammy category, along with all her other albums except maybe BTD and LFL which both lean towards the pop side of alt-pop. Yeah, COCC is folksy but it’s not really a folk album, it’s an indie/alt pop album with a lot of folk instrumentation and influence, similar to Folklore and Evermore. A pure folk album would be less produced and less pop-structured than this, and it’s not really fair for folk inspired pop stars to compete in folk and Americana categories against the real genre artists. Obviously Lana also cannot compete in the pop categories with this album. There isn’t a place for the alt pop stars to even compete, it doesn’t seem fair that she should have to compete against Dua Lipa and Rihanna type pop music. That is why Lana has never won a Grammy, she is too pop for the genre categories, too niche for the pop field.

On another note, I keep thinking about how nicely some of Lana’s acoustic UV/LFL era unreleased tracks would fit into this album. Wild on You would have fit so nicely into the second half of the album. 

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag x

7 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

To live inside your mind for one day

truly the most hilarious member jffjjxnsnsm

baby U dont wanna see inside dis mess

The leak isn’t as readily available as some fans are making out, only the diehard fans who will have preordered multiple copies are gonna be listening & they’re gonna be listening to physicals as opposed to streaming anyway. The site has been spammed to hell as well so I doubt anyone who’s not a diehard fan is gonna go out of their way too much. Obviously a leak damages sales but it’s not too big of a deal and a forced digital release would be even messier. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

salvatore has thoughts

aOaIzH2.gif

salvatore has opinions and feelings

Spoiler

Theory about LMLYLW & its UV origin:

SO if you listen to the first like 5 seconds of Fine China (a UV outtake) and the first 5 seconds of LMLYLW, you'll realize they sound very similar. We also know that Dan reworked Fine China as one of the songs for UV before it got cut. My best guess is that the Fine China that was leaked, was the first version she recorded, then once Dan reworked it, she gave the blueprint to its original production to LMLYLW, and there is a version of LMLYLW out there before Jack eventually reworked it for COCC that sounds similar to the leaked Fine China

This would also explain why that insider said it sounds like Fine China & Mariners !

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

I wanted to say it like this but opted to stay polite :lmao: Thank you 

You're very welcome :tyvm:

I'm already the wild at heart unpopular guy, so I've got nothing to lose.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

15 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:
  Hide contents

SO if you listen to the first like 5 seconds of Fine China (a UV outtake) and the first 5 seconds of LMLYLW, you'll realize they sound very similar. We also know that Dan reworked Fine China as one of the songs for UV before it got cut. My best guess is that the Fine China that was leaked, was the first version she recorded, then once Dan reworked it, she gave the blueprint to its original production to LMLYLW, and there is a version of LMLYLW out there before Jack eventually reworked it for COCC that sounds similar to the leaked Fine China

This would also explain why that insider said it sounds like Fine China & Mariners !

Where did this "LMLYLAW is from UV" thing come from? The way she talked about it during NFR-post release, I figured she wrote it during the late NFR sessions/ after the album was already finished and not back in 2014 or something

Spoiler

dbjag- talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before

this album is in holy trinity with Uv and Honeymoon period

9 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

There's absolutely no way in hell this is true :oprah3: The only thing you've got correct is that they start with the same piano chord. Besides that they have nothing in common.

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Where dd this "LMLYLAW is from UV" thing come from? The way she talked about it during NFR-post release, I figured she wrote it during the late NFR sessions/ after the album was already finished and not back in 2014 or something

Spoiler

eclipse revealed it. i think lana gets rehyped about a song when it gets reeeeally reworked, like to the point where its almost a brand new song. look at the uv beautiful people vs the lfl beautiful people for example, so when she was talking about lmlylw in interviews she probably had just reworked it for chemtrials w jack and she was hype about being able to use it. im assuming shes always liked it since she first recorded it ?

48 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I think this album best belongs in the Alternative Album Grammy category, along with all her other albums except maybe BTD and LFL which both lean towards the pop side of alt-pop. Yeah, COCC is folksy but it’s not really a folk album, it’s an indie/alt pop album with a lot of folk instrumentation and influence, similar to Folklore and Evermore. A pure folk album would be less produced and less pop-structured than this, and it’s not really fair for folk inspired pop stars to compete in folk and Americana categories against the real genre artists. Obviously Lana also cannot compete in the pop categories with this album. There isn’t a place for the alt pop stars to even compete, it doesn’t seem fair that she should have to compete against Dua Lipa and Rihanna type pop music. That is why Lana has never won a Grammy, she is too pop for the genre categories, too niche for the pop field.

On another note, I keep thinking about how nicely some of Lana’s acoustic UV/LFL era unreleased tracks would fit into this album. Wild on You would have fit so nicely into the second half of the album. 

Eh to an extent this is pure opinion- the only pop leaning albums to me are born to die and lfl- I really don’t even think alt pop is a good descriptor at this point-honeymoon was trip hop(even more so than BTD) and baroque pop, UV was psychedelic rock and blues rock with elements of jazz and Norman is an “indie” folk and pop inspired sound with elements of soft rock.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Eh to an extent this is pure opinion- the only pop leaning albums to me are born to die and lfl- I really don’t even think alt pop is a good descriptor at this point-honeymoon was trip hop(even more so than BTD) and baroque pop, UV was psychedelic rock and blues rock with elements of jazz and Norman is an “indie” folk and pop inspired sound.

Can we stop to throw around genres for the sake of it? UV was neither psychedelic rock, nor did it have any major jazz elements. And Honeymoon has 0 connections to Trip Hop. :deadbanana: