Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

is it just me or this album sounds literally like lfl little sister:oprah2: i think this is what she wanted to do with lfl first

Spoiler

IMO both NFR and COCC sound like what she intended to do first with LFL.

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Reveal hidden contents

is it just me or this album sounds literally like lfl little sister:oprah2: i think this is what she wanted to do with lfl first

Spoiler

Are we talking like... demo LFL or final version LFL? :derpna2:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, CyberCherry said:

If that is the case then that is exactly what I wanted and needed :trisha:

it is, Ben probably made her change the concept because honeymoon flopped and he wanted it to suceed

Spoiler

it has the fast angry speaking bridges just like on lfl

5 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Hmmmm I don't like the sound of that! :bebe: But then again, it took me some time to fall in love with UV and HM; UV because it was so dark and psychedelic-ish, HM because it was so minimalistic and slow.

Spoiler

i think this album is maximalistically stripped if that makes sense....a lot happening but very subdued slanted inward i wanna play it another time before giving a salvatore opinionated post (trademarked) 

personally some of the songs i didn't like at all on first listen i keep going back to because they're so interesting on the basis of something...there's weird quirks in many songs that's just like...i get why lana hates you i get why you're unfinished and tinnish but it's so much more appealing this way the antithesis to the subdued maximalist hands held outward comic book font norman fucking rockwell! we get solo subject shot on film in the whispering foothills enclosed within the burning city of a cover's background it's interesting very interesting i have many thoughts the bookend songs of white dress//for free with yosemite and dark but just a game with wild at heart it's all a thing and it's happening and while i piece this puzzle together with my strengethened forested arms i'm coming closer to a new answer and i will proclaim this as such soon

i said nothing of value! but i understand

Why do you guys think she didn't add "Hey blue baby" and "I must be stupid for being so happy" to this album? Is she saving it for another album that's even more country?

It would have fit nicely, don't you think? 

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Sorry, but a dominant beat and some strings does not make a Trip Hop album. Religion is the only track where I could maybe see it, but you'd really have to actively try to force a different genre description than "alt pop" to actually come to the conclusion that this trip hop.

And nah. UV is rock-influenced, there is this lowfi production and the prevelance of electric guitars but its not like a Doors-album in any way.

TOW is jazzlike since the original IS a jazz song. Sad Girl has a slightly jazzish melody. UV is not jazz at all, I don't know what you're hearing.

Slow beat laden songs with reverbed breathy female vocals basically is trip hop in itself but it can be pretty experimental. 

ok maybe The UV is pushing it a bit it’s the combination of the piano,the slow laden guitar licks and that mellotron sound. 

I disagree I really don’t see cruel world as being that different to a song like do it.

My faves on first listen:

Spoiler

COCC

Wild At Heart

Dark is But A Game

YOSEMITE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

... and that's it. :oprah: Very short album with very little standouts. I really hope it grows on me.

1 minute ago, AlexVirtuell said:

Why do you guys think she didn't add "Hey blue baby" and "I must be stupid for being so happy" to this album? Is she saving it for another album that's even more country?

cuz theyre boring flops:bye: cant even compare to the rest of cocc songs

16 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I'm seeing such mixed opinions on this album, now I'm nervous I'm not gonna like it. :derpna2:

I think you will surprisingly love Tulsa Jesus Freak and I think you will like Dance Till We Die,  especially a specific part of it

I'm really curious if you will like Yosemite or not

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Pico Boulevard said:

I think you will surprisingly love Tulsa Jesus Freak and I think you will like Dance Till We Die,  especially a specific part of it

As a Child of Yosemite Falls, I have to love the song or else my dear cult leader's gonna have to kill me :ma:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, AlexVirtuell said:

I think Hey Blue Baby would’ve fit nicely but both can’t be on it because the repetitiveness of referencing Hank Williams

Spoiler

She does name drop Hank Williams somewhere in this album too

3 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

There's no choice in the matter here if i'm being honest :D