Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I haven't listened to the le*k, I'm tempted... But If i listen to it now, I'm just gonna put the vinyl on the shelf, once I receive it. Cause I've will have overplayed the album by that time.

Spoiler

Could I come back to the ranch baby. 

Had to get away for a while. 

Just to rest my nerves darling. 

Can I make you laugh with a smile. 

You know when you chose me 

I was nothing but ordinary. 
:legend:

Yosemite came together for me on my second listen the following morning. It touched my soul and it reheated it after a year of it being cold due to covid/personal reasons. :justride: 

If some of you don't feel it, don't like it. I truly hope that your day comes when you can truly connect with it.

Also, I'd like to say that, to the people who say it's not happy at all. That's because you are looking for happiness in this song. It's not a first glance type of thing. It's so much more deep on a personal level. I understand why she held it back from LFL.

I don't think I wrote any spoilers. If I did. mods, work your magic. :clapback:

17 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:
  Hide contents

I must start saying that I'm a NFR hater

Now let's move to my opinion on the album

I only listened to 6 tracks and only once, so I could still be excited for the release in the 19th.

I was so ready to hate it, since it was produced by Antonoff, but I actually like it. 

White Dress is a highlight. It would be better if it was produced by Dan, instead of Jack. I can't wait to hear it in vinyl quality

TJF was the only song that got stuck in my head. I had to control myself to not play it again

Yosemite was the track that I was expecting the most. I wasn't disappointed. It was really worth the wait

For Free was everything that I had imagined. I love Lana, Zella and Weyes. Hear them together is entering heaven. I just wish it had more instrumentals in the end of the song. The ending was kinda abrupt

I'll have to listen again to come up with a final opinion. The only thing that I didn't really liked it was the instrumentals in some songs. They seem lazy. And the constant mention of the candle in the wind. Her voice doesn't sound nice when she pronounces it and it looks tacky.

I hope she goes full folk with her next album and collabs with Field Medic (she follows him on ig and their music sounds like they can blend together). This album seems more a natural flow from L4L than NFR

On a first listen my hank is:

HM>UV>BTD>PARADISE>LFL=COCC>NFR

How the f PARADISE is better than COCC and NFR for you XD BYE

Mmeow~

4 minutes ago, YosemiteAv said:

How the f PARADISE is better than COCC and NFR for you XD BYE

It’s almost like people have different tastes and preferences 

Spoiler

I know I am new here but I have been Lana fan since 2013 and I need to share my thoughts about juicy COCC :flutter:

White Dress - its really beautiful and its showing her Lizzys vulnerable and fragile side. Song for people who miss their youth and regret some things they've done. Ohh her voice is like shes on the edge of crying...

TJF - i wanna make love to this song, its sexy and lil sad, Good for slow mo twerking. I really love religious imaginery used to describe her sex life. Outstanding melody

NAWWAL aka Wanderlust (that Word sounds so German lol) - this is that song to walk on by in The forrest, connecting with nature and innerself, while tripping on LSD. I needed someone to say that looking for your way in life isnt something wrong and Lana had made it! Aaaah:crai:

WILD At Heart - a Little happier HTD sister. I really love HTD because for me its really dark and shows some destructive ways of being but here in Wild At Heart I feel like shes not disappearing and shes more nature like... I cant describe it! but its giving me hope 

DARK BJAG is really interesting concept sonically and really changing melodies and harmonies like when shes singing about changing. But its stilo growing on me

Unfortunately, im dissapointed with Yosemite and dont like BUS. And in For Free something is missing which Ive heard in live version... 

Anyway, It's really good album but its not like her masterpieces UV and HM. :legend: maybe I need time to grow it on me but I still love it. How could anyone unstan her after that wonderful songs OMG?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

20 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Yosemite came together for me on my second listen the following morning. It touched my soul and it reheated it after a year of it being cold due to covid/personal reasons. :justride: 

If some of you don't feel it, don't like it. I truly hope that your day comes when you can truly connect with it.

Also, I'd like to say that, to the people who say it's not happy at all. That's because you are looking for happiness in this song. It's not a first glance type of thing. It's so much more deep on a personal level. I understand why she held it back from LFL.

I don't think I wrote any spoilers. If I did. mods, work your magic. :clapback:

You spilled bestie:krylie::legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

A few weeks ago Eclipse said Lana isn't singing "don't be afraid of our love" but I don't know what else she could be saying as she clearly makes a v sounds at the end of the word so it sounds like "love". Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

It’s almost like people have different tastes and preferences 

Yea yea yea. But Paradise? PARADISE? BETTER? XDDDDDDDD Ok. It is just her taste but I can't help but laugh.

Mmeow~

Spoiler

This album is def a grower. I liked it on my first listen but was overall kinda underwhelmed, but now when I listen I'm just amazed by how gorgeous this album is. I gotta remind myself that when I heard Honeymoon for the first time I was also kinda underwhelmed but now it's one of my favorite albums of all time. The only song on here I'm meh about is Breaking Up Slowly, mainly because of Nikki. The rest is amazing. I also wanna point out I really love the "I love you lots like polka dots" line in Wild at Heart. My fav song overall is probs Dark But Just A Game, but Not All Who Wander Are Lost is starting to hit me. Yosemite also surprised me a lot. I didn't expect it to be that good for some reason lol. Also the production on this album in general is amazing.

qfrWuBl.png