Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

I wish the whole song was the bridge

Yea, the rest is too similar to Wild At Heart and Dark But Just A Game imo, if Dance Till We Die had the whole song like the bridge it'd be even more of a stand-out

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:
  Hide contents

It really feels like her most intimate album, no wonder why she has a hard time listening to it

Spoiler

Yes. I think the same. I can imagine how she must feel hearing it. So like vulnerable and exposed in a sense. 

Spoiler

She was on some Sinead O'Connor when she made White Dress. It lowkey reminds me of her earliest work and Beth Gibbons' Portishead too. 

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

this spoiler thing is annoying can we just admit that. :oprah3:

Pop off, get banned, and become an eternal LB legend! 

Nah I'm kidding, I need your energy on LB, but yeah, it's fucking annoying. :oprah3:

I don’t think this is a spoiler lol so I won’t tag it that way. 

I’ll need more time to sit with it but I can def feel that Chemtrails will be one of her top albums for me. The growth, the maturity, the vulnerability, the blended soundscape, yeah lol. Definitely!

3 minutes ago, urgirl said:
  Hide contents

What does she say in the spoken part in TJF?

Spoiler

I’ve been trying to catch this too lol. All I really make out is the “you know what I’m saying” part lol. Her tone makes me laugh there. It’s cute. 

Spoiler

So far, the only songs I really like are TJF and Yosemite. The melodies are gorgeous and they're stuck in my head.

Dark's bridge made me laugh so hard because I wasn't expecting it. I don't know why I had the weirdest imagery when she started singing, but anyways.

Edit: LMAO I meant Dance's bridge, I don't even remember what I listened to I'm so dumb :xgiggle: 

I think the album is a little underwhelming but it will definitely grow a lot on me. 

Side note, but I remember a lot of fanmade covers here had this super cool desolation / catastrophe atmosphere to them, like it was during war or something. Even the back of the official cover has this weird vibe. You know, this sad retro disaster but hopeful World War II atmosphere. (I'm absolutely not as articulate as our dear IanadeIrey but I hope you get what I mean :toofloppy: ). Well, I'm totally feeling it right now. Especially Yosemite, I was thinking how cool it would be to play New Vegas while listening to it.

Spoiler

Yosemite sounds like it was made for this album , it's actually surprising to me that it could be a part of LFL 

also I really love the production for this song omg

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

7 minutes ago, DLT said:
  Hide contents

I’ve been trying to catch this too lol. All I really make out is the “you know what I’m saying” part lol. Her tone makes me laugh there. It’s cute. 

Spoiler

I think she says "if you don't pray, you'll never learn", and then "you know what I'm saying?" or "you know I'm a saint"

@Jack Antonoff im sorry for every bad thing ive said about you:wowcry:

Dark but just a game snatched my wig to the space and murdered me

Spoiler

is it only me that hears that few parts are straight out of The Weeknds Starboy?? BITCH IM LIVING

Just now, Lustformoney said:

@Jack Antonoff im sorry for every bad thing ive said about you:wowcry:

Dark but just a game snatched my wig to the space and murdered me

Hide contents

is it only me that hears that few parts are straight out of The Weeknds Starboy?? BITCH IM LIVING

Spoiler

OMG I said this a few pages back... definitely picked up on it in the pre-chorus!!

So, I felt bad for the leak, which I shamefully contributed to, so I bought a boxset of the album.

Spoiler

And having heard the album, it’s cuter than on Jan 11. I still prefer Neil’s pictures, but I kinda get the cover better. The back picture though is gorgeous. 

3 minutes ago, WildMustang said:
  Hide contents

Yosemite sounds like it was made for this album , it's actually surprising to me that it could be a part of LFL 

The original LFL was probably very similar to the sound of CoCc.  TNC, the Beautiful People-demo and Yosemite have a similar vibe to what she did with songs like DTWD or NAHWAL

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!