Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, hashtagtylerh said:
  Hide contents

Does it unnecessarily bother anyone else that the title of "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" doesn't actually match what she sings

Spoiler

no shes the queen of giving titles that dont necessarily appear in the song (see: pretty when you cry, cruel world?, florida kilos)

26 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I must start saying that I'm a NFR hater

Now let's move to my opinion on the album

I only listened to 6 tracks and only once, so I could still be excited for the release in the 19th.

I was so ready to hate it, since it was produced by Antonoff, but I actually like it. 

White Dress is a highlight. It would be better if it was produced by Dan, instead of Jack. I can't wait to hear it in vinyl quality

TJF was the only song that got stuck in my head. I had to control myself to not play it again

Yosemite was the track that I was expecting the most. I wasn't disappointed. It was really worth the wait

For Free was everything that I had imagined. I love Lana, Zella and Weyes. Hear them together is entering heaven. I just wish it had more instrumentals in the end of the song. The ending was kinda abrupt

I'll have to listen again to come up with a final opinion. The only thing that I didn't really liked it was the instrumentals in some songs. They seem lazy. And the constant mention of the candle in the wind. Her voice doesn't sound nice when she pronounces it and it looks tacky.

I hope she goes full folk with her next album and collabs with Field Medic (she follows him on ig and their music sounds like they can blend together). This album seems more a natural flow from L4L than NFR

On a first listen my hank is:

HM>UV>BTD>PARADISE>LFL=COCC>NFR

:awk:

Just now, TrashMagiq said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This album is def a grower. I liked it on my first listen but was overall kinda underwhelmed, but now when I listen I'm just amazed by how gorgeous this album is. I gotta remind myself that when I heard Honeymoon for the first time I was also kinda underwhelmed but now it's one of my favorite albums of all time. The only song on here I'm meh about is Breaking Up Slowly, mainly because of Nikki. The rest is amazing. I also wanna point out I really love the "I love you lots like polka dots" line in Wild at Heart. My fav song overall is probs Dark But Just A Game, but Not All Who Wander Are Lost is starting to hit me. Yosemite also surprised me a lot. I didn't expect it to be that good for some reason lol. Also the production on this album in general is amazing.

Spoiler

Yea, same so far. I think the first few listens are kinda underwhelming because the songs are structured really weird tbh. But upon more listens I know what to expect and can notice all the production and layering so I can appreciate it more

Spoiler

Tjf maybe the lyrics are ‘don’t be afraid of our law’ seeing as seans a police officer and maybe a reference to religious laws to tie it all in

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

1 minute ago, War In My Mind said:
  Hide contents

no shes the queen of giving titles that dont necessarily appear in the song (see: pretty when you cry, cruel world?, florida kilos)

Spoiler

This isn't what I'm talking about though, at least those match the theme of the song/are a play on words (like Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite, etc.). "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" is a lyric title quoting the chorus but it leaves out a word, it'd be like if she named FMWUTTT "F*cked My Way To The Top"- it's just weird leaving out a word. (Probably a better example but I couldn't think of one)

"I do it for fun, I do it for free", Lana Del Rey sings, all while preparing to put up 10 different versions of her album on her online shop

Spoiler

i know its not lanas decision to make all the different versions so dont come at me sigh

image.png

Just now, kitschesque said:

Hide contents

"how deep was the canyon that you came from?" sits there with "mr born to lose", "idol of roses iconic soul" and "gods favorite child"

:legend:

I can tell you enjoy thsi album with that username 

2 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

cocc virgins, we have 9 DAYS!!! almost a week!! stay strong, we've got this. :trisha:

I’m proud of yall tbh. I couldn’t/wouldn’t want to wait

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

1 minute ago, hashtagtylerh said:
  Hide contents

This isn't what I'm talking about though, at least those match the theme of the song/are a play on words (like Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite, etc.). "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" is a lyric title quoting the chorus but it leaves out a word, it'd be like if she named FMWUTTT "F*cked My Way To The Top"- it's just weird leaving out a word. (Probably a better example but I couldn't think of one)

Spoiler

idk it doesnt bother me. it's not like there's a law that the song title has to be exactly how it appears in the song, there's not even a law that the song title has to relate to the song. She could've titled it Glitter pop smoking blue, if she pleased. It's just a convention that is followed. We don't expect book titles to appear somewhere in a novel, why are songs any different? So idk it doesnt really bother me. Plus I am usually streaming my music from my phone to a BT device so I like never be seeing the titles.

3 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tjf maybe the lyrics are ‘don’t be afraid of our law’ seeing as seans a police officer and maybe a reference to religious laws to tie it all in

Yes I listened again and I’m pretty sure it’s law 

Spoiler

BUS is growing on me with every listen. I think they did a good job with the pedal steel. It's just a little bit weird to me to hear Nikkis voice right after Yosemite which is such a personal song.

And who the hell is George & why did he got arrested?:pls:

Got he arrested by Sean?:whoopi:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, War In My Mind said:
  Hide contents

idk it doesnt bother me. it's not like there's a law that the song title has to be exactly how it appears in the song, there's not even a law that the song title has to relate to the song. She could've titled it Glitter pop smoking blue, if she pleased. It's just a convention that is followed. We don't expect book titles to appear somewhere in a novel, why are songs any different? So idk it doesnt really bother me. Plus I am usually streaming my music from my phone to a BT device so I like never be seeing the titles.

Spoiler

I agree with what you're saying but we're talking about 2 different things/you don't get my point so nevermind lol. Thanks for the input though

Just now, Pico Boulevard said:
  Hide contents

BUS is growing on me with every listen. I think they did a good job with the pedal steel. It's just a little bit weird to me to hear Nikkis voice right after Yosemite which is such a personal song.

And who the hell is George & why did he got arrested?:pls:

Got he arrested by Sean?:whoopi:

Spoiler

idk but my heart says he had it coming