Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I’m still hoping it’ll do like her last three albums and do above 100k first week in the US. Might not be realistic with the lack of promo but she does have all the variants plus she’s doing better in streaming than in past eras so maybe it’s possible. 

That's because she sold a bunch of bundles with LFL and NFR. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Upon much deliberation I have my temporary final ranking lol I'll probably change my mind again 

Spoiler

- White Dress, right up there with the most emotional Lana songs for me (Ride, Old Money, Video Games, Yayo) - it's heartbreaking and deserves #1

- Yosemite, she said it was too happy for L4L uh excuse me sir? It's so gloomy, she's mourning the summer of her life being almost over and the bridge shatters me every time

- For Free, props to Jack here for adding some beautiful, subtle instrumentation to the already beautiful original piano melody - and the girls' voices come together beautifully

- Breaking Up Slowly, this was a tight run against TJF because I feel like Jack went way overboard with TJF (the audio tune is SO distracting and sharp) and did not enough with BUS; I would have loved for it to be longer and have drums and an electric guitar solo

- TJF, I really wanted to stan this song but the audio tune totally ruins it for me

- NAWWAL, it's a cute song, nothing ground breaking but I'm a sucker for lovely melodies and when Lana gets her melodies right it's over, they get stuck in my head

- Chemtrails, the song is not aging well and it sounds like it doesn't really sit anywhere in the record

- DTWD, it's interesting that she took a turn halfway through the song and went bluesy on the bridge but it's not what I look for when I listen to Lana, I have Tom Waits for that, maybe I'll change my mind

- DBJAG, this is going to be a fan favourite, and I don't hate it, I just think it's so out of place on this record and I hate that the verses are moody and the chorus is happy, it's so underwhelming 

- LMLYLAW, honestly this song does nothing for me, it's not a Roachella slander situation but meh I don't know

- Wild at heart, I really wanted a song that kind of picked up where Quiet Waiter left off and I thought it was where this was going but then the HTD revival with those ugly Christmas bells gave me PSTD and it's a shame because the verses and pre-chorus are really sweet

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

im sad that she couldn't record more with jack because we'd have a longer album, and perhaps breaking up slowly would have been removed, i feel like she only added that song because she didn't have many other songs to use 

Spoiler

Nah I think it earned it's place on the album after Yosemite. Yosemite seems like such a monumental song that it's hard to just continue. So I think it's cute that she let's another singer take over for a minute - as if Lana herself puts on a country song to distract herself (I think there are sounds of putting on a record at the beginning of the song) It feels like a late interlude to me.

Early-Brave-Izuthrush-small.gif

3 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I lowkey think she wants that lmao but for real though she's not promoting and most people who are not stans don't know she's releasing music. Plus, bundles don't count as sales anymore so realistically she won't get more than 60k.

I think she’ll do more than 60. Her fanbase is huge? 

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

This is the energy we need. 

10 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I lowkey think she wants that lmao but for real though she's not promoting and most people who are not stans don't know she's releasing music. Plus, bundles don't count as sales anymore so realistically she won't get more than 60k.

i disagree. after everything that has happened this era and people who aren’t considered stans still don’t know that she’s releasing an album in a week? plus with tik tok cult and everything... that’s a bit of a reach imo

Also, I want her to beat Mustin so badly :toofloppy: 

Spoiler

It’s childish, I know, I’m sorry, it’s just that I really don’t like his music and can’t get over the idea he’s probably gonna sell more

Just now, 5Rick said:

Also, I want her to beat Mustin so badly :toofloppy: 

Hide contents

It’s childish, I know, I’m sorry, it’s just that I really don’t like his music and can’t get over the idea he’s probably gonna sell more

It’s kinda up in the air imo. His single made no noise and bundles can’t save him. I think it might be a fight for #1.

10 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

why do you feel that way? i think she likes her songs with nikki a lot and it shows, and that she had more songs recorded for chemtrails (well, we know about dealer, but we also know that all songs that made the cut were made before March 2020, and I think she made some songs between March and October) but chose to keep breaking up slowly because she felt it belonged on the record

Spoiler

it feels like a last minute thought, i guess that's just because i really don't like the song but, she didn't seem to do much with it other than add a verse in, it still feels like nicki's song and not lana's - she could have at least made it her own

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

1 million sounds pretty reasonable to me. 10 million if tulsa jesus freak will be promoted :oprah3:

I genuinely feel like 1B is the right number for TJF :oprah3:

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

i disagree. after everything that has happened this era and people who aren’t considered stans still don’t know that she’s releasing an album in a week? that’s a bit of a reach imo

you mean all the controversy? that was last year i don't think most people care enough to keep up to date with her just because of that :rip: but i could be wrong too

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

It’s kinda up in the air imo. His single made no noise and bundles can’t save him. I think it might be a fight for #1.

You give me hope, you give me light :crying2:

12 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

That's because she sold a bunch of bundles with LFL and NFR. 

That definitely helped a lot, yes, but this time there’s a chance her better steaming numbers and all the variations could possibly make up for a good chunk of that