Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, soaringHigh said:
  Hide contents

Am I listening to the wrong TJF or how do I not get the hype for the song? Like I’ve relistenes to it 8 times and I am still not finding the similarities to Cherry/Freak/CG... Instrumentally it sounds less less adventurous than Cherry which is perhaps my favorite Lana song ever.... TJF sounds mellow-er... it’s like CG and FIILY had a Frankensteined baby? I like the song... I just don’t find it a highlight of the album, even DBJAG sounds more meaty... pls help me understand.

Spoiler

Totally get you. For me, maybe the more uninteresting song in the album. Not that its bad, but it's absolutely predictable, and sounds a lot like CG (and not like an hommage to it, as WAH to HTD, p.e, but as lack of inspiration regarding its writing).

6 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

i am driving to joshua tree to hike and listen to COCC in the desert (and hike but thats not important) and become one with the cactus (and scorpions probably)

i fear this will be the greatest experience of my life

f3551e9b09494990eb8f402a5cc0274c.gif

I have ascended 

f3551e9b09494990eb8f402a5cc0274c.gif

What song do you think they'll push to Today's Top Hits (if they have the drive to do even that)? 

I'm thinking it must be Tulsa Jesus Freak, Wild at Heart, or Yosemite. White Dress is my favorite on the album, but outside of the video, I wouldn't see it hooking a lot of new listeners. 

Does anyone else NOT get Cinnamon Girl/Freak/Cherry vibes from Tulsa...like at all? It's in the same vein of being a very sensual, feminine track but I don't get the comparison sound wise. I think it's more interesting as well.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

What song do you think they'll push to Today's Top Hits (if they have the drive to do even that)? 

I'm thinking it must be Tulsa Jesus Freak, Wild at Heart, or Yosemite. White Dress is my favorite on the album, but outside of the video, I wouldn't see it hooking a lot of new listeners. 

White Dress (even though it should be Tulsa).

13 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

in a dream world, maybe TJF or yosemite. realistically, LMLYLAW :ma:

Spoiler

but honestly this album is definitely less palatable than norman (which we all enjoy i think), but i'm really not sure what tracks they'll deem as the most palatable and easy to get into to an outside audience

sUcVobB.png

Spoiler

okay so i finally gave in and listened to cocc, start to finish twice in one sitting. On the first listening DBJAG, BUS and Yosemite stood out to me, but i felt unsure as to whether i liked it, unsure as to whether it was too similar to NFR- i found it hard to pinpoint how i felt about it in general. So i listened to it for a second time, lying in the dark. This time round i feel i appreciated various other songs more than i did the first time, such as TJF, WD, NAWWAL and for free. Honestly this is a very beautiful album. At many points the melodies swirl together and lift you up, as though you are lying in the sea allowing the tide to take you far away. These moments were particularly strong in TJF and DBJAG (especially after its first chorus)- in DBJAG the piano seems so delicate but chaotic at the same time. Layering of vocals and instruments alike are far more common than in NFR, and although mainly produced by the same person, COCC seems more extravagant to me, more dramatic- whereas NFR felt slightly more intimate. Some of the strings used or how some of the electric guitars fade out do remind me of NFR, however vocally COCC is very different to NFR, more adventurous. Overall, I'd say my top three songs on COCC are DBJAG, Yosemite and BUS. Better on the second listen- COCC is a grower so i imagine it may get dragged by the BTD/pop stans sadly- it is one of, if not her most, experimental album to date, what with its instrumental swells and varying vocal styles

Spoiler

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Lana is at her best on this album - I tend to prefer more subtle instrumentals (or just more laid-back) because I feel that it suits Lana better. I adore her earlier work, with grand instrumentals too (ex. BTD, UV) but something about Lana's voice and some strings, piano, and soft percussion is just so beautiful. Even in the songs where the instrumentals are a bit more 'extravagant', there are still subtleties to them that really allow Lana's voice to shine. 

Spoiler

honey, you make me feel i’m invincible 

it’s just like i wanted

no more candle in the wind

it’s not like i’m invisible

like i was before

no more burning at both ends

cHKNtTD.gif

17 hours ago, thelastgirlonearth said:
  Hide contents

DBJAG is so damn good,,, the verses do remind me of portishead which is amazing cuz one of my all time favourite songs is by them :ma::sass:

YAASSSSS I STANNNN. DARK BUT JUST A GAME IS MY WIFEY, MY HUSBANDO, MY LIFETIME-PARTNER. ("White Dress" & "Wanderlust" are also my side hos)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing