Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

16 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

So overall, did jack serve better production in your opinions on NFR or COCC?

I personally LOVE his work on NFR. Cannot wait a second longer to listen to COCC

NFR imo

RVhKIwP.gif

36 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok I caved and listened to white dress, TJF, and wild at heart again. 

I’m so curious as to how this is going to be received critically. 

Predicting a 7.9–8.3 from Pitchfork. 

24 minutes ago, FredRed said:

Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow!

We turn the clocks ahead an hour so we lose an  hour.

That means next Thursday at midnight it would have been 11:00 so we are actually getting the album an hour earlier!

I'm melting. :kiss:

You’re a doll :kiss2:

21 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

tenor.gif

4c6d8594543592fc97f3735e56ef001d.gif

I'm so happy you love the album so much bestie:oprah:

And your descriptions:wub:

Spoiler

it's a lot more mellow this time around, but it somehow works. I think it'll definitely just get a lot better thru time. DTWD, hope she goes more towards this direction on the next one. that n WD, the singles, w a lot more folk(?) oomph

UV/Honeymoon

I honestly prefer Jack's production on

COCC. I love how it's a little looser, jazzier, and more free-form... Less piano ballads. It sounds like they were able to relax and have more fun this time around, like they were winging it and just vibing for a lot of it (similar to VB, I guess).

Spoiler

I remember watching.. How Green Was My Valley.. *dramatic noise*

4Im2tlG.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I personally LOVE his work on NFR. Cannot wait a second longer to listen to COCC

The production is definetly better on COCC :hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Do y’all think COCC will get comparisons to Folklore/Evermore? I am just idk? I don’t see the similiarities because the latter poses to be folky but I find it to be shallow (lyrically) while the former feels truly folky at heart but.... idk? I haven’t seen/heard comparisons but my bf who hasn’t heard it and I’ve kinda described it to said it was going to be another “TS Boremore” ? I am scared because he’s a Lana stan and it’s going to break my heart if he doesn’t give this album a chance ? and I’ll HATE if I see TS comparisons when Lana has been working on/was supposed to release this before TS did her whole shizz

13 minutes ago, soaringHigh said:

Do y’all think COCC will get comparisons to Folklore/Evermore? I am just idk? I don’t see the similiarities because the latter poses to be folky but I find it to be shallow (lyrically) while the former feels truly folky at heart but.... idk? I haven’t seen/heard comparisons but my bf who hasn’t heard it and I’ve kinda described it to said it was going to be another “TS Boremore” ? I am scared because he’s a Lana stan and it’s going to break my heart if he doesn’t give this album a chance ? and I’ll HATE if I see TS comparisons when Lana has been working on/was supposed to release this before TS did her whole shizz

no:hoe:

girl, flopkore and evermoreflop both got cancelled the day COCC leaked. and that's a fact :oprah3: you can't compare COCC to something that does not exist anymore, right? :xgiggle:

edit:

your Bf should stay close to jesus tho:ma:

3 hours ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

In my opinion COCC’s production is far better and interesting than NFR (besides VB) . NFR has more of a pop filter and more formulaic when compared to COCC. COCC is more abstract and experimental in the production choices which to me is so much more interesting.

i think the instruments in this album feel very minimal, organic/raw, and human. Like they have a life of their own. 

but at the end it is subjective whether you prefer a very polished finish (NFR) or looselier raw vibe (COCC).

Plus I love the sound of muffled guitars in the backdrop and there’s a lot of that sprinkled around most songs.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

2 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

I honestly prefer Jack's production on

Hide contents

COCC. I love how it's a little looser, jazzier, and more free-form... Less piano ballads. It sounds like they were able to relax and have more fun this time around, like they were winging it and just vibing for a lot of it (similar to VB, I guess).

I agree 

On NFR the production seemed too samey samey in each song, whereas in the COCC there's multiple throwbacks to NFR in multiple songs which I enjoy a lot more. 

For example:

In FIILY, The Greatest and VB the same vibe goes on for so long and those are great songs but I have to be in the mood for exactly that vibe. In COCC songs have a little NFR vibes and then switch to another vibe and it's overall much more interesting imo. It's like whatever vibe they started with in each song, they were fully able to mix it up and not stay stuck there (not every song, like LMLYLAW does not count, but most others really do)

9 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Oklahoman Christian Maniac will be one of the songs she pretends doesn't exist when she finally gets to tour. She hates everything we like

Acrylic Bible and Catechize Me were written off once more... she's such a coward for avoiding the controversy 

4 hours ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Spoiler

definitely better on cocc, im like the biggest nfr and jack hater out here:ma: and cocc is my 2nd fave album

Spoiler

could i come back to the ranch, baby?
i had to get away for a while
just to rest my nerves, darling

rmHnZo5.gif