Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I like the album but I feel like a lot of the hype on it here is cause it's new. It's solid, yet not really the best she's done so far. So no reason to attack someone for not liking it.

Apart from that, I doubt that many people outside her fanbase will be into it

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

12 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Do we know if the Neil alternative cover will be gatefold yet? I’m really hoping it is :defeated:

I srsly don't know why she didn't make this the standard cover...it's so pretty :defeated:

Just now, monsterdino said:

I srsly don't know why she didn't make this the standard cover...it's so pretty :defeated:

Honestly I love it so much the colours on it are so nice! I also feel really bad because she seemed to be really excited about the main cover and everyone hates it :horror2:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

I believe that the genius behind Chemtrails lies precisely in the vulnerability and insecurity of the recording. Lana did not ask the magazines to acclaim her at the NFR! and that came purely for the quality of the work. And perhaps now she is afraid of the comparisons that will be inevitable. I don't think the level between one album and another has dropped, though. She is more vulnerable, insecure ... but who is not?

Spoiler

Personally, after listening to it nonstop for the last two days, I continue to feel COCC is among her best work. It's mostly dreamy and mellow, with few hard edges, and it all 'works' for the most part. There are a few things I don't like, a few things I'd change, but I accept it with open arms and ears as it is. For me, the highlights remain WD, COCC, WAH and Y. 

Restless Daughter asked if COCC were more like Joni Mitchell's 'Hejira' album or more like Mitchell's followup, 'Don Juan's Restless Daughter.' I don't think it's like either, sonically or thematically. COCC the album doesn't resemble them at all. Mitchell's persona on those albums isn't anything like LDR's on COCC or elsewhere. The only thing the albums all have in common is that all feature reflective, mediative songs (for Mitchell, especially 'Amelia' 'Song For Sharon' 'Refuse of the Road,' 'Jericho' and 'The Silky Veils of Ardor') alongside others which are not. I love Mitchell's 70s work (but not much of what followed...) and I'm glad LDR appreciates Mitchell's work too, and now has covered a song, but I, personally, don't see the comparisons between the two that some seem to be drawing. 

Spoiler

It’s a little frustrating listening on anything other than super good headphones because there are so many tiny production details that are very buried in the mix that really do add a lot to these songs, but when I’m listening in my car or on my phone or when I was on my run they just get lost in everything. 

1 minute ago, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

It’s a little frustrating listening on anything other than super good headphones because there are so many tiny production details that are very buried in the mix that really do add a lot to these songs, but when I’m listening in my car or on my phone or when I was on my run they just get lost in everything. 

Spoiler

It’s wild how much background stuff I pick up on when the volume on my noise-canceling headphones is really low. All of those buried details come to light! :oprah:

18 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

Restless Daughter asked if COCC were more like Joni Mitchell's 'Hejira' album or more like Mitchell's followup, 'Don Juan's Restless Daughter.' I don't think it's like either, sonically or thematically. COCC the album doesn't resemble them at all. Mitchell's persona on those albums isn't anything like LDR's on COCC or elsewhere. The only thing the albums all have in common is that all feature reflective, mediative songs (for Mitchell, especially 'Amelia' 'Song For Sharon' 'Refuse of the Road,' 'Jericho' and 'The Silky Veils of Ardor') alongside others which are not. I love Mitchell's 70s work (but not much of what followed...) and I'm glad LDR appreciates Mitchell's work too, and now has covered a song, but I, personally, don't see the comparisons between the two that some seem to be drawing. 

No I didn’t.
I asked between two songs that happen to be title tracks (that don’t even represent their albums very well). I even explained I meant the songs. I never asked which album it was more like, I don’t expect it to sound just like any album by anybody tbh. What makes Lana and Joni so similar has never been what they sound like. I only asked if the album was more atmospheric and folky or upbeat and country. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 hour ago, WildMustang said:

Messy rollout, bad press, lazy shoots, minimum promo but at the end of the day we still get nice music very often and I'm happy about that. It's just that way, some artists drag their eras for so long, I know promo is exciting but I care more about the music and I won't let the disappointments of this era to affect the music for me:wink:

we suffer promo every album rollout but I appreciate she really cares about the music and not about the marketing and flashes. what she puts out means much more than a market friendly shiny toy. it’s her art

in 30 years from now we’ll forget about the albums rollouts and photo shoots of every era but the music will still be there ❤️

the music itself is what matters to us and what matters to her and that makes me warm and happy :hype:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

12 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

No I didn’t.
I asked between two songs that happen to be title tracks (that don’t even represent their albums very well). I even explained I meant the songs. I never asked which album it was more like, I don’t expect it to sound just like any album by anybody tbh. What makes Lana and Joni so similar has never been what they sound like. I only asked if the album was more atmospheric and folky or upbeat and country. 

Okay. Even in that capacity, then, COCC the song is like neither 'Hejira' or 'Don Juan's Reckless Daughter,' especially since, in my opinion, 'DJRD' is just a retread of 'Hejira.' They're fraternal twins. I apologize for misquoting you. 

1 minute ago, imenos said:

the production of this album is her worst one, i am so so deceived 

why do you think so? I think it’s her best

America

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Okay. Even in that capacity, then, COCC the song is like neither 'Hejira' or 'Don Juan's Reckless Daughter,' especially since, in my opinion, 'DJRD' is just a retread of 'Hejira.' They're fraternal twins. 

I’ve heard the song Chemtrails. You and I already even discussed Joni songs it was similar to. I was just using two songs to ask what the vibe of the album had. It was supposed to be a straight-forward question. And those two Joni songs don’t even sound anything alike. You’re probably thinking of Coyote, not Hejira. Anyway, this conversation is going nowhere. You don’t understand Lana/Joni comparisons, while I’ve seen them since BTD, so I don’t expect us to see eye to eye here.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 minute ago, peachlipgloss said:

the way i still have not listened to any leak or snippet :crai: 5 days besties

Well now I’m jealous of you!! The wait will be worth it ❤️

America