Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

43 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i've never seen the problem with using outtakes and

Reveal hidden contents

the sampling of HTD feels very purposeful and important to me. it's not like they said "i have this song that's in no way connected to HTD, but i like the instrumentals, so let's chop it up and stick it in". the songs feel more interconnected and intertwined than that.

honestly the more polarizing the album reviews are and the more annoying they are, the better the album is :creepna: COCC will remain one of her best

This reminds me of something that Nikolay Tsiskaridze had said:

"Everything I've done on stage has had supporters and opponents.

The main distinctive feature of great artistry is that no one is left indifferent when a disagreement arises. It is horrifying when everyone likes or dislikes something, because it is immediately forgotten.

[...]

They write enthusiastic reviews and terrible ones. It creates a certain wave."

COCC will certainly age well

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Hide contents

totally agree– i also think it speaks to lana's talent as a creator of albums that she knows when a song isn't a right fit and only brings it back when it is (yosemite is a perfect example imo– it could have fit LFL but works SO perfectly on COCC). being an artist isn't just about making the work but also knowing how to contextualize that work (within the space of an album, in this case) so that its themes shine most brightly.

Spoiler

Honestly even though Yosemite has a LFL flair to it I think the closest song to it is Tomorrow Never Came and even TNC isn’t as “deep” in styling as Yosemite. It does fit COCC like a ring

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

9 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

throwback to when a portion of her fandom left when West Coast/UV was released :toofunny: I wonder would they think of COCC LOL 

I can't wait for the rest of the "I miss Born To Die Lana :poordat:" fans to just... GO. I wonder why they're still holding out. She was cute and did what she had to do, but she's never coming back. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

I absolutely hate seeing Lana get so much shit no matter what she does.

When she releases older songs - "She ran out of ideas, she had to add fillers!", but then twitter stans would get mad at her for not releasing older leaked or teased songs:wtf2: 

When she teased the hell out of NFR with snippets everyone complained the album had no surprises, now with COCC stans are saying there should have been MORE snippets, the clownery of it all...

No matter what anyone says - Lana is an authentic, true artist. She does what she wants the way she wants and we should be appreciative of that. We had a masterpiece album a bit more than a year ago, since then we had a poetry book (+the audiobook version), several droplets (like covers or the Hallucinogenics collab). And some have the audacity to say that she's lazy because the album has only 11 tracks and 3 of them are (supposedly) rejects from older projects. 

I know that what I'm writing is basically pointless because that's the way this fanbase has always been, but I just can't understand why y'all are constantly trying to diss Lana instead of enjoying her art if you like it or simply ignoring it if you don't:(

16 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I deleted this after initially posting it, but I'll repost it since we're talking about it, lol

Reveal hidden contents

I don't buy that NAWWAL is an NFR! outtake (why would she be talking about Nebraska in a song from NFR?), and even if it were, it was a super early or completely different version, because everything from the lyrics to the production to the vocal style fit the theme and sound of COCC so much more. It almost makes zero sense. I'm tired of insiders bringing stuff like this up with no proof or actual context. Other prolific artists save songs or ideas all the time. And I think it's cheap for people to be like "Oh, she had to fill the album with b-sides!!!" when these two albums are clearly their own separate entities. Yeah, Lana worked with the same producer - so what, maybe they started an idea during NFR that didn't fully flesh out until she started working on the next album with him?

And that's the thing. Artists like Bruce Springsteen get to save songs, re-work them, use them for albums down the line with zero assumption that he's padding his albums "with filler", but as soon as Lana does, you read reviews from fans saying "she had to add old songs to fill up the tracklist~*". When we all know Lana cut tracks from this one, when she could have added more. Idk. I get not liking something, that's fine. But I don't even know why I've even seen people making Folklore/Evermore comparisons when there's been a year and a half between NFR! and COCC, and there were only 5 months between Folklore/Evermore (with only a 3 point Metacritic difference between the two). I mean, the song Dorothea on Evermore is built off the same instrumental as this from 2017 and nobody brings it up. I don't want to hear shit from reviewers about Wild at Heart directly sampling (and lyrically referencing Joe from) HTD when Taylor used a 3 year old backing track already used for Bob's Burgers.

My point is, just because a song may go through various versions or iterations before finding a home on an album doesn't make it an automatic filler track and it doesn't mean an album was rushed or not thought-out. People, including weird Twitter gays, really don't want to admit that Lana chooses to do everything she does. If she doesn't want to release an album, she won't. If she wanted to put Dealer on the album, she would have. She clearly thought Yosemite was a good fit for the album, and most of us agree that it is. A highlight, even. I'm happy even the most critical fans seem to like the album for the most part, but this "outtake!" narrative from certain people in the fandom is really tired and not even accurate in the way they're presenting it.

You are totally right. Artists "saving up" a song/ concept for another record or coming back to an idea they once had is totally normal and legit. People are just so .... greedy and one-track-minded.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

I can't wait for the rest of the "I miss Born To Die Lana :poordat:" fans to just... GO. I wonder why they're still holding out. She was cute and did what she had to do, but she's never coming back. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

I totally agree! We know her true roots lie in AKA/COCC bluesy genres. And now that she has the fame and recognition she won’t ever go back to BTD/P sounds. (Btw I’d love and be curious to hear a modern matured BTD sound, but I’m not ever expecting it) 

Spoiler

Or matured UV sound

Spoiler

Or matured HM … you get the drift

America

the way it's somehow easier to wait for the album now that it has leaked? not that i heard it, but just, before it leaked, we were all tense and there was so much apprehension, and now that it's out it's a bit like it can't change anymore? like either you make the choice to listen or you don't but either way you don't really care if white dress gets released or something

6 minutes ago, Corona said:
  Hide contents

I absolutely hate seeing Lana get so much shit no matter what she does.

When she releases older songs - "She ran out of ideas, she had to add fillers!", but then twitter stans would get mad at her for not releasing older leaked or teased songs:wtf2: 

When she teased the hell out of NFR with snippets everyone complained the album had no surprises, now with COCC stans are saying there should have been MORE snippets, the clownery of it all...

No matter what anyone says - Lana is an authentic, true artist. She does what she wants the way she wants and we should be appreciative of that. We had a masterpiece album a bit more than a year ago, since then we had a poetry book (+the audiobook version), several droplets (like covers or the Hallucinogenics collab). And some have the audacity to say that she's lazy because the album has only 11 tracks and 3 of them are (supposedly) rejects from older projects. 

I know that what I'm writing is basically pointless because that's the way this fanbase has always been, but I just can't understand why y'all are constantly trying to diss Lana instead of enjoying her art if you like it or simply ignoring it if you don't:(

Spoiler

Don’t forget how 50% of people complain she never changes her sound/ all her songs sound the same. And the other 50% complain about it not being BTD 2.0

America

I love the way she’s going tbh. I love BTD and UV but I think if she did something like that this days it wouldn’t be genuine because she’s not in that mindset and won’t be there anytime soon or ever again 

0YnL0Kf.gif

51 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Like also- why aren’t these fans maturing at the same time with her like damn. Time has elapsed. When I was 17 driving around listening to the Lolita songs I was a very different person then I am now. When I listen to BTD era it’s still insanely iconic but it’s a memory of who I was when I was young. Like we all gotta grow up sometimes and our priorities shift and we aren’t trying to only get sugar daddies- We are reflective and want fulfilling lives along side of her!

I wonder if they’re the kids that listened to BTD when they were like 10 and haven’t developed much as a person yet, or if they found her music recently, are still fairly young and just prefer her BTD sound and lyrics...

48 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

...it's also sad that a large portion of the fandom is still stuck in the born to die era... :azealia:

Maybe it would help if Lana played less BTD songs on tours. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

a friend just told me she saw a huge COCC billboard in London and it sais "out now" lmao

can you ask her where exactly I need to see this shit for myself :ma:

for those who chose not to listen to the title track and/or LMLYLAW i am so envious of your willpower– i have absolutely no ability to judge them in terms of the rest of the album since i'm automatically more interested in the songs i haven't already heard a bunch. tbh it'll prob be months before i'm able to make a somewhat accurate ranking of the songs– i love both COCC and LMLYLAW but can't see the forest for the trees bc they already feel way more lived in to me than the other songs. i knew this would be the case from past album release experiences but again, i just can't stop myself from listening to new music the second it comes out!

aOaIzH2.gif

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@Clampigirl that spoiler you added for my post was a line from Violet, not Chemtrails! <3 I haven’t listened to the album, sorry for any confusion! :kiss:

Oh, uh, my mistake, lemme find your post and try to undo it. x) I didn’t read it too carefully since I try to avoid spoilers too. ^^’

edit: done! My apologies.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png