Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:
  Hide contents

White Dress reminds me alot of Kate Bush and its weird because Lana never talked about her (what i think its really strange) :horror:

Spoiler

It reminded me of Kate too. To me, it feels like some Fiona Apple/Kate Bush hybrid. And I fucking love it :creepna:

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:
  Hide contents

It reminded me of Kate too. To me, it feels like some Fiona Apple/Kate Bush hybrid. And I fucking love it :creepna:

Spoiler

Her vocal reminds me alot of Kate. And its very strange for me that she never talks about how kate is a influence to her... 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Cycling through her discography starting today, minus the two Chemtrails singles. Listening to AKA and Honeymoon, and that magic of those two records is still very present :wub: 

Sorry if this has been asked (just ignore if it has been hehe, I’ll figure it out soon enough), but does every song on Chemtrails contain a bridge? Or nearly every song?

1 minute ago, rabbit said:

Sorry if this has been asked (just ignore if it has been hehe, I’ll figure it out soon enough), but does every song on Chemtrails contain a bridge? Or nearly every song?

Spoiler

I think most of them do. Minor spoiler here but all of the bridges are great :hype:

Capture.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

It feels like release day is still so far away someone talk me out of listening to leak :lmao:

You’ve got this! I’m here with you in spirit and we’re really only 4 days away! It’ll be worth it 

9 hours ago, MidnightAnswer said:

I love White Dress so much. I love her voice in the chorus so fucking much, it's so jazz or something? So different from what she's done with her voice on her other records. Love the lyrics, love that we can hear her vaping after the first chorus. What a flawless song omg

Now what the hell does 

Down at the men in music business conference
Down in Orlando, I was only nineteen
Down at the men in music business conference
I only mention it 'cause it was such a scene

this mean lol. Love "I only mention it cause it was such a scene and I felt seen" though :poordat:

I love White Dress and her voice in it so much too!

And to answer your question about the lyrics (sorry if someone already answered this) 

Spoiler

Just going based off the lyrics, Lana was 19, working as a waitress in Orlando, and it seems she went to "the men in music business conference" where she probably auditioned for a record label deal.

She says she "felt seen" so this was probably the first time she got attention or praise from people in the music industry for her singing/songwriting talents

I'm not totally sure if this is where she got signed to her first record label or not, but either way I think its clear this was her first taste of fame or success and it made her "feel like a god," like she was invincible and she could do anything

But now she's reminiscing to that time in her life, when things were so simple but so exciting. She had her whole life ahead of her and it seemed like her dreams were coming true. Now that they have, she wonders if she would've "been better off" just living the simple life, but still dreaming of something bigger

Edited by Clampigirl
Edited to put MidnightAnswer’s post in spoiler

3 minutes ago, past the bushes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think most of them do. Minor spoiler here but all of the bridges are great :hype:

Thank you!! :crying4:

Spoiler

I’ve heard a lot of people bringing up that apparently a lot of the album is made up of outtakes from other albums, and idk if that’s true, but that’s actually something fairly common and not necessarily a bad thing. Stevie Nicks has been recycling Rumours outtakes for most of her career. Why throw away a good song if it fits a later project? :oic3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Not people saying BTD is retable and COCC isnt 

BYE. ELETRIC CHAIR. 

People need to separate personal toughts and real things.. Her write skills is better than never (yes betta then NFR!, fight me) and we never see her vocals like this. Yes COCC is less then NFR but its because COCC have a minimalism ideia. Its just a girl moving to west missing her olds days and living her best live. Its not a cultural dead or a summer end album like nfr. Some people need to take lessons. 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

9 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:
  Hide contents

I’ve heard a lot of people bringing up that apparently a lot of the album is made up of outtakes from other albums, and idk if that’s true, but that’s actually something fairly common and not necessarily a bad thing. Stevie Nicks has been recycling Rumours outtakes for most of her career. Why throw away a good song if it fits a later project? :oic3:

ya i dont get this criticism either.

its not like she has writing camps where she brings in 50 writers, or is recording demos that have been passed around and recorded by 30 different artists. 

if she has a song, or a lyric, or even a melody that she came up with years ago and made a concept demo of, but then wasnt able to finish it at the time and was now happy with it then what is the problem? its not like she is putting songs like serial killer on the album or something?

the songs are still written and composed by her, so i dont see the criticism that there are "leftOveRs!!1!1!!" on this album. 

also - we wouldnt even know that half of them were leftovers if these "insiders" werent constantly in a race to leak the most information possible for a few extra retweets. seriously the worst thing to come out of stan culture :rip: 

also - HOW have the people wanting her to record off to the races and TIWMUG 2.0 not got the hint yet. she is never making music like that again :rip: GIVE IT UP

i've never seen the problem with using outtakes and

Spoiler

the sampling of HTD feels very purposeful and important to me. it's not like they said "i have this song that's in no way connected to HTD, but i like the instrumentals, so let's chop it up and stick it in". the songs feel more interconnected and intertwined than that.

honestly the more polarizing the album reviews are and the more annoying they are, the better the album is :creepna: COCC will remain one of her best

sUcVobB.png

caged's official cocc song ranking nobody cares about

dRYgpWK.gif

Spoiler

Song of the century:

• :legend:Tulsa Jesus Freak:legend:

Premium Deluxe (Hauntingly Beautiful Edition): 

• Not All Who Wander Make Songs as Good as This
  • Yosemite (How deep is the canyon this song came from?)

Pog Lana did this:

• How to Disappear Pt.2: Wild at Heart
  • Dark But Just a Banger

Pog Lana delivered once again:

• White Dressing
  • Dance Till We Die Because of That Bridge

Still Great

• Chemtrails Over the Fucking Country Club!
  • Take it Like a Woman

Cute girls but next to gorgeous:

• Breaking Up Slowly ft. Nikki Not So Lame
  • For Free on *****

also weren't people pleading for YTH to be on the tracklist like 2 months ago? :air:

an outtake that's from ~4 years ago is at least "better" and fresher, and fresher artistically in lana's mind, than one that's maybe 7 years old

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

caged's official cocc song ranking nobody cares about

dRYgpWK.gif

Hide contents

Song of the century:

• :legend:Tulsa Jesus Freak:legend:

Premium Deluxe (Hauntingly Beautiful Edition): 

• Not All Who Wander Make Songs as Good as This
  • Yosemite (How deep is the canyon this song came from?)

Pog Lana did this:

• How to Disappear Pt.2: Wild at Heart
  • Dark But Just a Banger

Pog Lana delivered once again:

• White Dressing
  • Dance Till We Die Because of That Bridge

Still Great

• Chemtrails Over the Fucking Country Club!
  • Take it Like a Woman

Cute girls but next to gorgeous:

• Breaking Up Slowly ft. Nikki Not So Lame
  • For Free on *****

The taste :gclap::defeated::oprah:

Oh whaaa. Can the twinks who clung to the “daddy Lolita” type persona please just leave the fandom? She’s about to turn 36, shes much more mature and refined as a songwriter & a person now. It’s getting so tired watching them bitch & complain. If she did make that old style of music they’d say it’s getting old & that she has no versatility etc etc. No one hates women more than white gay twitter.