Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Hello everybody! 

I am a very big Lana stan and discovered lanaboards this year ?? it was so great to finally find other stans. 

i have been seeing all of you getting LPs and I really want one but cannot afford (student). If anybody feels like making a gift ^^ or giveaway please consider me ?? 

thank you!

not me clowning and not realising america's clocks changed a few days ago so it's actually 4am for me:illumilana2:

i was so confused why everyone was saying 7 hours... lmfao 

5 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Gorl that pedo stache is doing the dragging for all of us :horror:

769-B0-EB9-800-B-4-D4-C-B7-FF-61159-AC55

lmfaooo

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

It’s a joke. He has a whole YouTube channel where he does satirical videos to get people mad 

it’s a bad joke, but it is intended to make people mad 

He shouldn't submit a rating / review.

pass me my vape.

There are three 80/100 and a 70/100 on Metacritic, but the general score for the album is 82/100. I’m not a maths expert but... :stareney2:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

There are three 80/100 and a 70/100 on Metacritic, but the general score for the album is 82/100. I’m not a maths expert but... :stareney2:

different weights are placed on reviewers based on if it is above or below the average score for that publication - I believe 

13 minutes ago, life is beautiful said:

DRAG HIM.

This review is the WORST thing I have ever read. I don't understand why he's so confident about his answer when it makes NO SENSE at all. He gave Chemtrails 1/100

he's seemingly 95% a troll especially looking at his previous ratings on RYM and his Youtube videos, unfortunately some people will likely agree his joke reviews </3

sgopYhV.gif

18 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I am. That means one of these 80s is secretly a 100 :ma:

Edit: or two of them are 90s :ma:

Edit2: or the 70 is a 80 and one 80 is a 90:ma:

5 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

metacritic weighs each publication differently, depending on their reputation and who wrote the review. a well-known and seasoned music critic's review is gonna weighted differently to that of a relatively new critic

image.png

It will be interesting to see which direction Lana goes for her next album. I can imagine Lana's frustration and irritation after hearing her previous albums described as nothing but "costumes". That must fucking hurt, and we know how sensitive Lana is. Although she is probably extremely proud of the positive reviews for NFR and COCC, i expect she is quietly hating them for it too. She even made a slight dig at Norman by saying "I knew they'd love it, because there's nothing to dislike" or something like that, labeling it as just "cool". It feels like she is basically calling it plain and admitting that she was holding back. Now that she has the critics by the balls, it would be iconic for her to make her next album a lot more edgy, daring and controversial again, the way she was before Lust for Life. I wonder if she is curious to witness the outcome if she went back down the Born to Die, AKA, UV route again. I can imagine she must be. Would the critics and general public take her seriously once and for all, in her truest form, making the art that she loves? Or will they go back to calling her names again?

I hope she goes back to being a little more crazy and spontaneous after this record. Her first three albums were so vastly different. Born to Die was totally original, then she confused everyone by suddenly turning to a grungier rock album, and then we got this 1940s, lynchy, jazzy record. It was all so iconic.

For me it's BTD/UV/HM (stories of her past) - and then the second half of her story is LFL/NFR/COCC (stories of her future/who she wants to become)

So i hope she enters a full new phase now with something totally and completely fresh

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

I am. That means one of these 80s is secretly a 100 :ma:

Mojo is weighted really heavily, if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

metacritic weighs wach publication differently. Mojo f.e. is gonna carry more weight than a random newspaper

I know that, but I literally don’t understand how the score can be 82 when none of the reviews has a score above 80. Even if Mojo’s review weights more, it’s still an 80, so how can we end up with an 82? I’m so confused haha

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It will be interesting to see which direction Lana goes for her next album. I can imagine Lana's frustration and irritation after hearing her previous albums described as nothing but "costumes". That must fucking hurt, and we know how sensitive Lana is. Although she is probably extremely proud of the positive reviews for NFR and COCC, i expect she is quietly hating them for it too. She even made a slight dig at Norman by saying "I knew they'd love it, because there's nothing to dislike" or something like that, labeling it as just "cool". It feels like she is basically calling it plain and admitting that she was holding back. Now that she has the critics by the balls, it would be iconic for her to make her next album a lot more edgy, daring and controversial again, the way she was before Lust for Life. I wonder if she is curious to witness the outcome if she went back down the Born to Die, AKA, UV route again. I can imagine she must be. Would the critics and general public take her seriously once and for all, in her truest form, making the art that she loves? Or will they go back to calling her names again?

I hope she goes back to being a little more crazy and spontaneous after this record. Her first three albums were so vastly different. Born to Die was totally original, then she confused everyone by suddenly turning to a grungier rock album, and then we got this 1940s, lynchy, jazzy record. It was all so iconic.

For me it's BTD/UV/HM (stories of her past) - and then the second half of her story is LFL/NFR/COCC (stories of her future/who she wants to become)

So i hope she enters a full new phase now with something totally and completely fresh

You really spilled with this post! :gurl: