Elle

63rd Annual Grammy Awards (2021)

FN

CFN

FN:MOONLIGHT EDITION.

Bops thru and thru.

Just pop vocal?? 

Folklore has great songs no doubt but so many skips (seven,hoax,mad woman, peace and songs I forgot..).

Let's be real...taylor just won due to some behind the scenes stuff..

I used to hate Dua till FN dropped. It had me flooooooored.

Anyway. Congrats Taylor. 

Hope to see evermore nominated next time.( one of my fav)

Not all of you coming for Folklore when she's serving you incredible songs like the last great american dinasty, ephiphany, this is me trying or exile, and all of the others tbh all are amazing songs the only ones that barely remember me of Lana are the ones from the love triangle, maybe because they're about love I guess just like most songs that came before Lana? Lol

The only songs that really scream Lana to me from Taylor are Wildest Dreams and Miss Americana, and te first one is an amazing Pop song, probably pop perfection, the other one not so much

8nl2OpX.png

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

this taylor hate i thought lanaboards was better than this

I've honestly tried to like Taylor's music, I just... can't :runs:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

24 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Not all of you coming for Folklore when she's serving you incredible songs like the last great american dinasty, ephiphany, this is me trying or exile, and all of the others tbh all are amazing songs the only ones that barely remember me of Lana are the ones from the love triangle, maybe because they're about love I guess just like most songs that came before Lana? Lol

The only songs that really scream Lana to me from Taylor are Wildest Dreams and Miss Americana, and te first one is an amazing Pop song, probably pop perfection, the other one not so much

No hate, no beef, we just definitely have different opinions and taste. I've never been into Taylor's music so I can't say much on the tracks you mentioned but I gave Cardigan a good listen as well as the other two the Grammy's featured and they just lack lyrically wise to me, personally. Wildest Dreams was obviously heavily inspired by Without You, and I'm not sure if you were around when that controversy went down but some of the YouTube videos that came afterwards analyzing the two tracks lyrically (as well as plenty of other tracks) all seemed like Taylor just regurgitated a lot of Lana's lyrics. But then again, that is merely my own opinion. In 2019, Taylor delivered a speech on how much Lana has influenced her (including the pop industry as a whole) and as much as I appreciate Taylor showing her admiration for Lana as well as acknowledging the huge impact she has made on the pop industry, I just don't like her music as they lack for me - I'm not hating on her as a person, I just really dislike her music

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

16 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

this taylor hate i thought lanaboards was better than this

I love Taylor alot ok? I listen to her albums on a loop. But I just skip the 2nd half of folklore except betty and illicit affairs. Even August is so MEH. 

. And Evermore was so good. She could have just mixed Evermore and Folklore into a single album and defo got a clean sweep. ...

Lover screams Lana to me. And the lyrics of folklore/lover very reminiscent of pre UV Lana.

17 minutes ago, CyberCherry said:

No hate, no beef, we just definitely have different opinions and taste. I've never been into Taylor's music so I can't say much on the tracks you mentioned but I gave Cardigan a good listen as well as the other two the Grammy's featured and they just lack lyrically wise to me, personally. Wildest Dreams was obviously heavily inspired by Without You, and I'm not sure if you were around when that controversy went down but some of the YouTube videos that came afterwards analyzing the two tracks lyrically (as well as plenty of other tracks) just all seemed like Taylor just regurgitated a lot of Lana's lyrics. But then again, that is merely my own opinion 

Oh of course in taste there's nothing writte lol but you were the one implying that it was embarassing of her to be trying to sound like Lana the entirity of Follklore when that couldn't be further from the truth (No shade btw just saying) I would 100% recommend to give those tracks a listen since they're not particularly about love/relationships. 

And yeah the chorus of Wildest Drams is very similar to WY, the production is very cinematic as well, and I'm sure that she was influenced by Lana a lot for that track at the end of the day it is one of her favorite artists, however that doesn't take from the fact that Wildest Dream is quite a pop beast in it of itself. Two amazing tracks on their own.

23 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I love Taylor alot ok? I listen to her albums on a loop. But I just skip the 2nd half of folklore except betty and illicit affairs. Even August is so MEH. 

. And Evermore was so good. She could have just mixed Evermore and Folklore into a single album and defo got a clean sweep. ...

Lover screams Lana to me. And the lyrics of folklore/lover very reminiscent of pre UV Lana.

Funny thing till this day I can't seem to get into Evermore idk why, I LOVE some tracks but most of the albums it's just not clicking with me lol I might give it a try in the future

8nl2OpX.png

Folklore/Evermore is good in the realm of pop, but in the realm of indie, it’s pretty pedestrian. I love The National, and Aaron Dessner did not go very far creatively to produce this album. 

Also, Cowboy Like Me, Miss Americana, The Last Great American Dynasty have lots of Lana lyrical influence

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

fav looks of the night? i loved taylor, dua, megan, and beyonce's looks. doja's red carpet dress was a fucking mess but i didn't see whether she changed into something else for the ceremony.

Dua looked stunning throughout the entire night. Maybe I'm a bit biased bc I love both Dua & the colour pink, but I don't think it took someone with 20/20 vision to see that Dua looked truly incredible.

But also.. can't help but say that her red carpet look reminded me of.. :toofunny:

Spoiler

51038524231_67d38da5ea.jpg

51038524346_476d6a5ba2.jpg51037793953_d1d3f58c69.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

fav looks of the night? i loved taylor, dua, megan, and beyonce's looks. doja's red carpet dress was a fucking mess but i didn't see whether she changed into something else for the ceremony.

Those were great I also loved how Bad Bunny was dressed

8nl2OpX.png

10 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Dua obv, Megan, and Lizzo were my personal favorites! I also really liked Taylor’s dress and mask combo. I’m normally not a fan of over-the-top ensembles, but it worked for her.

giphy-1.gif 

21 hours ago, new gods said:

i lowkey feel bad for dua, there was so much effort and creativity put into FN not only by her but her team, it deserved some sort of accolade

"Creativity"? :deadbanana: It literally sounds like Madonna's COADF with a dash of Kylie's Aphrodite with slightly more modern production. Dua releasing a nu-disco themed album in 2020 when several other pop girls did the same thing is by no means an impressive feat.

5 hours ago, Oshawott said:

"Creativity"? :deadbanana: It literally sounds like Madonna's COADF with a dash of Kylie's Aphrodite with slightly more modern production. Dua releasing a nu-disco themed album in 2020 when several other pop girls did the same thing is by no means an impressive feat.

the 2020 disco wave? Dua did it early and she did it best   :dmd: