Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, World At War said:

when interscope uploads blue banisters instead of the chromatica remix album :trisha:

Donda 2.0 :trisha:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3g3MICAkucYbAKzYRb0c

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

"interscope put my album out without my approval and they blocked boom like that from being on the album" :oprah3:

First song will be called „Nikki Chant“ :trisha:

Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki Nikki

20 minutes ago, World At War said:

when interscope uploads blue banisters instead of the chromatica remix album :trisha:

It's what WE deserve. :trisha:

20 minutes ago, World At War said:

wait lemme manifest this :prettyhurts:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

There’s this line in Text Book that’s honestly confused me a bit, and maybe someone here has a good interpretation of it?

In TB, she sings, “You touched the detriment most of the friends I knew already had.” 

What exactly is the detriment in this line? Because the song is largely centered around familial issues, that was my first thought. Is she implying her friends also have familial issues, or is she saying her friends also touched the detriment? The wording confused me a bit. 

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question; what does everyone else think?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

There’s this line in Text Book that’s honestly confused me a bit, and maybe someone here has a good interpretation of it?

In TB, she sings, “You touched the detriment most of the friends I knew already had.” 

What exactly is the detriment in this line? Because the song is largely centered around familial issues, that was my first thought. Is she implying her friends also have familial issues, or is she saying her friends also touched the detriment? The wording confused me a bit. 

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question; what does everyone else think?

maybe a lot of her friends didn't deal with attachment issues, had good relationships with their fathers, or had successful relationships, and this person she's talking about is helping her deal with her feelings/emotions surrounding her attachment issues? that's how i view it

22 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I love that you always initiate a thoughtful convo and the rest of us are like furry chromatica tiddy tracklist announcement in 10 minutes 
51943-DE8-F865-4101-8-C28-86-BA78-D9-E23

16 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe a lot of her friends didn't deal with attachment issues, had good relationships with their fathers, or had successful relationships, and this person she's talking about is helping her deal with her feelings/emotions surrounding her attachment issues? that's how i view it

This definitely makes sense! There are so many lines in TB that make me wonder what exactly she’s referring to.

When she says, “…there was the issue of her,” does she mean her mother? Or a woman involved with Lana’s own lover? Or possibly both considering she’s comparing the relationship with her love interest to her relationship with her father? Lana’s mind is so powerful lol

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I love that you always initiate a thoughtful convo and the rest of us are like furry chromatica tiddy tracklist announcement in 10 minutes 

this made me laugh lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This definitely makes sense! There are so many lines in TB that make me wonder what exactly she’s referring to.

When she says, “…there was the issue of her,” does she mean her mother? Or a woman involved with Lana’s own lover? Or possibly both considering she’s comparing the relationship with her love interest to her relationship with her father? Lana’s mind is so powerful lol

The detrament line confuses me too, there are several ways you could interprete it. If only Lana made an ig live stream to tell us she‘s not a furry more about it :pft:

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I think the detriment she's referring to in the previous post are her daddy issues (considering that's one of the main themes of the song). And regarding "her", I think it's both like you say. I'd recommend listening to My Momma from the album Sirens, Lana also sings a bit about similar themes toward the end of the song

29 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

furry-big-boobs.gif

I do love this gif though if its not in the Blue Banisters video im suing.

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

pre-pre release is when we know an album is in the works

pre-release is when we have a date (whether the date is solid or not, knowing lana :blush3:)

this thread WAS a pre-release thread, however lana had different plans :oprah3:

The fact that we went from pre release to pre pre release is tragic:heidi:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

9 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

The fact that we went from pre release to pre pre release is tragic:heidi:

What if it‘s not the last time :heidi: