Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Songs scrapped or not, outtakes included or not, using unreleased tracks that were never meant for us to hear prematurely, whatever songs she includes in this album and wherever they came from from whatever year, I know she’s gonna deliver an album that will be beautiful 

she’s very brave and very sweet, swing it high Lana baby girl

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Fine china is soty confirmed.

If the grammys dont give it a nod they can ROT IN FUCKING HELL.

They bent the rules so lizzo was eligible for a song she released 2 yrs prior.

...girl. 

THE RAIN WAS FIRE  BUT WE WERE WOODEN

Okay, anyways. Back to excitement and speculation? :party:

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

11 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

I don’t mind having outtakes never heard by anyone in the new album because they are technically new songs and also they can be very interesting and not so stripped down like her most recent work. But, if this means she’s not creatively inspired it can be the end of us lmao

I don't think it necessarily means that. I mean, she's been working really hard, non-stop, all these years, she's capable of continuing. 

But, I do think it's gotten to a point where she's not so confident anymore, or doubts herself. After everything that has happened, it makes you wonder if she's really sure about doing what she's doing. From multiple delayed albums, to scrapped songs/concepts, backlash and all... I think there's a disconnection between what she, her label or her fans want lol

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

22 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Thinking clearly, Chemtrails wasn't a bad album at all. I just think the placement of the tracklist is... weird.

We start off with some really powerful songs. White Dress is an amazing opener, and then we have songs like the title track, Tulsa and Dark. But then, the rest of the songs were too mellow. It went from 100% to a 10% real quick and it felt like we never quite reached the climax. 

I complain about Banisters having only piano, but even if they're ballads, it can be a beautiful album. If the tracklist placement is well done (with songs transitioning onto each other, etc) then it might be a great work :creep:

Say it for yourself, I think Chemtrails is perfect the way it is. It's more instrospective than the other records, you're all disappointed bc you expected flashy songs and Doin' Time moments. Get real:lmao:

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

bitch who said that

Don’t address me like that pls. I was just fixating on the fact that there’s a lot of piano and probably missed the fact that BOZ said there’s a lot more than that.

But watch it turn it into a piano ballad lol.

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't think it necessarily means that. I mean, she's been working really hard, non-stop, all these years, she's capable of continuing. 

But, I do think it's gotten to a point where she's not so confident anymore, or doubts herself. After everything that has happened, it makes you wonder if she's really sure about doing what she's doing. From multiple delayed albums, to scrapped songs/concepts, backlash and all... I think there's a disconnection between what she, her label or her fans want lol

at that point i just want her to take a few years off creating music and stuff. like, give yourself time to collect your thoughts gurl.

4 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

Say it for yourself, I think Chemtrails is perfect the way it is. It's more instrospective than the other records, you're all disappointed bc you expected flashy songs and Doin' Time moments. Get real:lmao:

Where did I say I was disappointed because it didn't have bangers? I stan miss Lana Del Rey, it would be dumb to expect something else other than ballads. If I expect them to have other instruments than piano, that's a different thing.

I only said I thought if the tracklist placement were different, I would have liked it more.

Jeez, if some of you are in a bad mood today, go take it on someone else and fight somewhere else :wtf3:

okay time for my ~fake fantasy tracklist~ contribution with all the additional information we have now - part realistic, part delusion :wink: 

Blue Banisters

1. Wildflower Wildfire

2. She Was Electric

3. Like My Father Said

4. Dealer

5. Unidentified Flying Bill

6. Text Book

7. You Roll Like Thunder

8. Loved You Then And Now

9. Arcadia

10. Ophelia's Orchids

11. Los Angeles Can Wait

12. Cosmic Forever

13. Stories From The Serpent Speaker

14. Yes To Heaven

15. Cherry Blossom

16. Blue Banisters

Since we know there are 6 outtakes on the record I used Dealer, UFB, Thunder, LYTAN, YTH and Cherry Blossom :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

I think Chemtrails is perfect the way it is. It's more instrospective than the other records, you're all disappointed bc you expected flashy songs and Doin' Time moments. Get real:lmao:

14 hours ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

I can't stand ballads anymore, I just hope they have like a crazy piano rather than that jigglypuff piano from Blue Banisters :toofloppy:

How curious.

November would be the perfect month for BBs release. And about the Beyoncé/Adele/Rihanna rumours, they were supposed to drop every November for the past 3 years :thumb3:. I don't think labels are still avoiding that month.

Not much comes out in December so it's either October or November in my opinion.

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

November would be the perfect month for BBs release. And about the Beyoncé/Adele/Rihanna rumours, they were supposed to drop every November for the past 3 years :thumb3:. I don't think labels are still avoiding that month.

Not much comes out in December so it's either October or November in my opinion.

I'm hoping for October, but the end of October with a scorpio vibe.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

32 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

if by genius you mean lazy and without the slightest plan nor idea for this album yes, definitely 

Pretty sure Lana might have an idea for her own album, of entirely self-written songs, that she put together, and sequenced, regardless of when they were written. 

No one’s forcing her to put out a second album in a year. No one told her to put more than 11 tracks on it. It’s not like she’s trying to get out of a contract. She does what she wants to do. Other artists like Bruce Springsteen and Prince used to repurpose older tracks they wrote all the time. I’m sure other artists nowadays do, too — they just don’t have insiders with a weird hateboner for Lana trying to spoil the excitement for already hard-to-impress fans. 

Weren’t you all thrilled to get Thunder and Cherry Blossom, anyway? The negativity is exhausting. At the end of the day, we’re spoiled — we really are. And I’m very excited for the album, I’m sure it’ll be great.

11 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

How curious.

Well Chemtrails is like 70% guitar driven songs which is perfect for me, you know what I mean:facepalm:

Btw didn't we get a 80% ballad driven record like less than 2 years ago? That's what I meant

Guys, guys, guys. Hey. Calm down. Writing personal attacks is not nice and doesn’t really contribute to a discussion at all. Let’s stay civil, shall we?

@Nahime I’m not the biggest fan of Chemtrails either. It has it’s ups and downs, and it’s okay to dislike it and say it’s not your cup of tea. However, I think you’re taking it a bit far when you’re calling fans here delusional for being understanding of Lana and her process of making an album, and also when commenting on Lana’s mental health. We don’t know anything about it after all. If she has songs she’s made in the past and feel like they’re ready to be put on an album, I think we should be grateful for that. She’s an amazing artist (with incredibly annoying promises of album releases - I agree), so let’s give the album an honest try before throwing it away, okay? :) 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lol imagine getting so riled up and saying stuff like "can she read a calendar"

No one is forcing u to listen to her. she will release whenever she wants. She doesnt owe u anything. In fact she doesnt care about losing fans. She said that so herself in the complex interview . And there are countless other artists for u to listen to. Go listen to them.

Its honestly not worth it to get so tense about something like this. 

Atleast she delivers consistently. You may not like everything she does. That doesnt mean it's bad. Taste is subjective honey.  

And honey please dont even come at her for including outtakes previously unheard ...

Some artists release their entire old catalogue and strap a few extra songs .

So idek why ur complaining. 

And there are many matters involved in a release. It is not a mechanical  product.  It is a Real story of her life. And it very much ties with her emotions atm. She scrapped the entire album and remade it after her breakup. Obviously the delay.

31 minutes ago, COCC said:

Guys I suggest we don't feed the troll... instead we should celebrate the news we got today :beyonce:

I agree! I’m hyped again knowing we might have the album in 2-3 months from now! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

Guys, guys, guys. Hey. Calm down. Writing personal attacks is not nice and doesn’t really contribute to a discussion at all. Let’s stay civil, shall we?

@Nahime I’m not the biggest fan of Chemtrails either. It has it’s ups and downs, and it’s okay to dislike it and say it’s not your cup of tea. However, I think you’re taking it a bit far when you’re calling fans here delusional for being understanding of Lana and her process of making an album, and also when commenting on Lana’s mental health. We don’t know anything about it after all. If she has songs she’s made in the past and feel like they’re ready to be put on an album, I think we should be grateful for that. She’s an amazing artist (with incredibly annoying promises of album releases - I agree), so let’s give the album an honest try before throwing it away, okay? :) 

Just now, Clampigirl said:

Okay :).

I never thought she was anything less than an amazing artist tho.