Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, ioncewaspoisonivy said:

revisiting your old work does NOT mean laziness or being unspired. there is a right time for everything. as someone who writes, i often go through my old stuff to finish the uncompleted ones with a different mindset, read the ones that felt so personal that i couldn’t do it back then or just to feel the nostalgia through my own art. sometimes, something reminds you of your past or the people in your past and you find yourself thinking about old times which reunites you with things you wrote back then. it’s lana’s work and she has a right to do whatever she wants to do. i trust her vision and i am already in love with the 3 tracks she has given to us. 

It's not inherently bad but how do Thunder and Cherry Blossom fit with those three singles and how do all five (and whatever else is on there) tie together to "get revenge" and all the other stuff she hinted at?

I mean you can give her the benefit of the doubt as to her vision or whatever, but the simple fact is that it's just not looking very cohesive rn. Especially because we know she has changed it so many times.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

what themes do we think dealer is gonna explore ?

Maybe about God being a dealer and giving her bad hands (like in poker). Something in the vein of Tired Of Singing The Blues.

I don't think it's about drugs.

giphy.gif

i personally love the idea of her using unreleased tracks, it gives them a chance to shine and get some real attention from critics and the public :party: and maybe even some music videos, and live performances!!

but i can see the want for her to include new songs instead, as we would be getting entirely new stories and art pieces from her :smokes3:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's not inherently bad but how do Thunder and Cherry Blossom fit with those three singles and how do all five (and whatever else is on there) tie together to "get revenge" and all the other stuff she hinted at?

I mean you can give her the benefit of the doubt as to her vision or whatever, but the simple fact is that it's just not looking very cohesive rn. Especially because we know she has changed it so many times.

I think by revenge she means telling her own story and not being afraid of lyrics/topics that might be controversial (mental health, "daddy issues", her mother and so on) . That's why we got the three very personal songs BB, TB and WW. And maybe she wants to tell her own story by revisiting her past eras and adding songs she had to scrap for whatever reasons. I don't know if that makes sense, but it could something like "look who I am / have been / have not been able to be". So I agree that the record might not sound cohesive sonically if she includes CB and Thunder, but there might be a concept / idea tying everything together.

I just want to hear her scream on Dealer

giphy.gif?cid=790b761126829531cf7f6e1da3

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

I think by revenge she means telling her own story and not being afraid of lyrics/topics that might be controversial (mental health, "daddy issues", her mother and so on) . That's why we got the three very personal songs BB, TB and WW. And maybe she wants to tell her own story by revisiting her past eras and adding songs she had to scrap for whatever reasons. I don't know if that makes sense, but it could something like "look who I am / have been / have not be able to be". So I agree that the record might not sound cohesive sonically if she includes CB and Thunder, but there might be a concept / idea tying everything together.

I just want to hear her scream on Dealer

giphy.gif?cid=790b761126829531cf7f6e1da3

yeah i agree. i think the kind of revenge she was talking about was telling her personal story, past and also releasing/revisiting songs she may have been told to not release by other people? not that thunder/cb were those, but maybe other unreleased were. her revenge could be just releasing whatever the hell she wants and not trying to confirm to some kind of cohesivity and not trying to be as distant as an artist as she was in the past, and open up a bit more. whatever her revenge is, it’s definitely not the dark angry revenge we inferred from her story :smokes3: 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

18 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Maybe she rewrote the tracks? She did it with NBAR and it worked, so…

I apologize in advance for repeating myself but I still think that using the changes of the album as an argument a bit pointless, in my opinion. We got to know that through an insider and I understand that may seem to look like she has lost sight of her vision but I prefer to see this as a natural step in the process of perfecting said vision to its maximum potential. I’m quite positive this happens a lot in art, specifically in music - maybe the artists behind some of our favorite albums go through this before finally putting out their projects. I don’t think that’s a sign of her having no clue of what she wants to say until proven otherwise, when the album is finally released.

IMG-7960.jpg

I'm glad her "revenge" is in an artistic way and not literal with angry songs towards critics. The ironic and satirical UV songs were great but a full album like that would be like Taylor's Reputation (where she was rightfully mocked for trying to hard). The best songs on that album are actually the ones not related to the concept :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Style said:

hope lana’s next step in revenge and taking control over her art is putting aka on streaming:legend:

And Hollywood

giphy.gif?cid=790b761185e68a2c414942e81d

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Maybe she rewrote the tracks? She did it with NBAR and it worked, so…

I apologize in advance for repeating myself but I still think that using the changes of the album as an argument a bit pointless, in my opinion. We got to know that through an insider and I understand that may seem to look like she has lost sight of her vision but I prefer to see this as a natural step in the process of perfecting said vision to its maximum potential. I’m quite positive this happens a lot in art, specifically in music - maybe the artists behind some of our favorite albums go through this before finally putting out their projects. I don’t think that’s a sign of her having no clue of what she wants to say until proven otherwise, when the album is finally released.

I totally agree. If we didn't have insider info and demos we wouldn't know a lot of things about her album's process. UV sounding more like Paradise at first, HM beat driven tracks, LFL original concept that was more eerie and dark... all of those things weren't supposed to be known (even though is really interesting to see the evolution of her albums).

The constant changes are a sign that she's far from lazy and that she won't conform with the first version of her records. She's always altering them until they feel right.

giphy.gif

I don't think it's about the songs being unreleased it's more about the stories behind them / what the songs were about. Everyone knows "I Can Fly" was originally a UV outtake that was very different from the one used for the film and I could bet that the UV version had more personal lyrics - maybe some that went along with UV's themes.

Nonetheless we don't know her intentions with the songs but I wanna see how this story thing plays out. :brows:

3 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

watch her getting Fordham Road as opener on BB

860380457346793493.gif?v=1

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

6 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

watch her getting Fordham Road as opener on BB

This would be so so cool. I would actually make it shorter and a bit more atmospheric production wise, with updated vocals… can you imagine the slayage?

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm excited and scared at the same time about her interviews for this album. If it's really coming sometime during fall we should get some publication soon (I hope)

If we don't get any interviews or instagram live streams I

giphy.gif?cid=790b761111cbf4a4a61f27b720