Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Nikogo said:

the chorus’ instrumental is straight out of HTD (the instrumental break around the end of the song) and the melody in some parts is very close to Hope! :D

Thank you thank you!!!

3 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I think she'll put RBFY on this album, mainly because of the lyrics:

Lilacs in my mind, all the time
Are blooming beautifully
Even though some stare and say

Her last affair went brutally - Perhaps this and the line above could reference her 'affair' with Sean
Well I don't let them rain on my parade - Lana talking to the critics, saying how she's happy and that they can't 'rain on her parade'
That's not my thing
'Cause I've got love on my side, now (ah)
- She now has Clayton
I've got nothing to hide, now (ah) - Her recent posts is her baring all and setting the record straight about her intentions
And now life's a dream - Her life is finally falling into place with her getting married, Chuck having a baby and overall finding herself

But she’s not sure about the second to last chord:oopna:

but yaaaas manifesting this:gurl:

3 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I think she'll put RBFY on this album, mainly because of the lyrics:

Lilacs in my mind, all the time
Are blooming beautifully
Even though some stare and say

Her last affair went brutally - Perhaps this and the line above could reference her 'affair' with Sean
Well I don't let them rain on my parade - Lana talking to the critics, saying how she's happy and that they can't 'rain on her parade'
That's not my thing
'Cause I've got love on my side, now (ah)
- She now has Clayton
I've got nothing to hide, now (ah) - Her recent posts is her baring all and setting the record straight about her intentions
And now life's a dream - Her life is finally falling into place with her getting married, Chuck having a baby and overall finding herself

Sorry to burst the bubble. Lana wrote this in 2015-2017, and most of these things were not happening back then. Maybe now they could make sense, but I still doubt it will be included.

No RBFY slander, just what I think. I'd love to hear the track in HQ and full studio, but I don't think it will be released at all.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I feel like the sound of this album will differ from what she's already done in the past, since Lana's albums never sound the same in my opinion. Whatever direction sound-wise she chooses this time, I'm excited :party:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

12 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Sorry to burst the bubble. Lana wrote this in 2015-2017, and most of these things were not happening back then. Maybe now they could make sense, but I still doubt it will be included.

No RBFY slander, just what I think. I'd love to hear the track in HQ and full studio, but I don't think it will be released at all.

Well, Yosemite was also a LFL scrap because it was deemed "too happy" and we finally got it 4 years later, and if anything Roses Bloom for You sounds like an even happier song, so never say never :hype:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

Well, Yosemite was also a LFL scrap because it was deemed "too happy" and we finally got it 4 years later, and if anything Roses Bloom for You sounds like an even happier song, so never say never :hype:

But she did say that RBFY was nothing more than an intro to the LFL album and then an outro, which she and Rick decided not to use. So whether there's an actual full RBFY song remains to be seen. She could rework it or add to it, obviously. 

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But she did say that RBFY was nothing more than an intro to the LFL album and then an outro, which she and Rick decided not to use. So whether there's an actual full RBFY song remains to be seen. She could rework it or add to it, obviously. 

Wait where did she say it was just an intro :awkney: I remember her post saying it was a song left on the "cutting room floor," but I don't recall her saying that it was just an intro/outro rather than a full song x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

16 minutes ago, Elle said:

Wait where did she say it was just an intro :awkney: I remember her post saying it was a song left on the "cutting room floor," but I don't recall her saying that it was just an intro/outro rather than a full song x

There was this interview with Zane Lowe around the time summer bummer came out, the same one she called Architecture/Yosemite sister tracks like Summer Bummer / Groupie Love. I distinctly remember him calling it Roses Bloom and partially remember she had said it was a cute little [intro] track she had done. Don’t quote me 100% tho 

Update it was on July 12th, 2017

13 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

There was this interview with a guy around the time summer bummer came out, the same one she called Architecture/Yosemite sister tracks like Summer Bummer / Groupie Love. I distinctly remember him calling it Roses Bloom and partially remember she had said it was a cute little [intro] track she had done. Don’t quote me 100% tho 

15 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

There was this interview with Zane Lowe around the time summer bummer came out, the same one she called Architecture/Yosemite sister tracks like Summer Bummer / Groupie Love. I distinctly remember him calling it Roses Bloom and partially remember she had said it was a cute little [intro] track she had done. Don’t quote me 100% tho 

Update it was on July 12th, 2017

Well, what I'm taking from that interview is that she said "it'll find a place" and that place could be Rock Candy Sweet xx

Now that I think about it, if she's repruposing songs from the Lust for Life era (as if it was a trend :eartha:), she should totally put Wild One into Rock Candy Sweet. The title says it all.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

16 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I love when Elle interacts more here! And I’m all for RBFY being on RCS :wub:

I always like to take some time away from the more work-side of my part in LanaBoards and have some fun in the threads! Interacting with you all is my favourite part after all. Shoot, I still need to post my full Chemtrails thoughts!!
Also very glad to see more hype for RBFY aka my most wanted track - I refuse to let the universe take me until I heard that song in all its glory xx

49 minutes ago, Elle said:

I always like to take some time away from the more work-side of my part in LanaBoards and have some fun in the threads! Interacting with you all is my favourite part after all. Shoot, I still need to post my full Chemtrails thoughts!!
Also very glad to see more hype for RBFY aka my most wanted track - I refuse to let the universe take me until I heard that song in all its glory xx

I mean, when she first posted about the track, I thought to myself that it was a real shame that it was left on the cutting floor. The melody is gorgeous, and even in the case that the song is only an intro and we’ve heard the entire thing already, I’d die for a proper studio version with a finished production. I couldn’t stop replaying the snippet in 2017. And the fact that she posted a video of her listening to the song back in November of 2017 gives me hope that she’ll actually release it one day

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

it honestly would be a DREAM to have an intro or interlude. burnt norton for example just ties the whole record together and is one of my favorite elements of honeymoon – it wouldn't be honeymoon without burnt norton imho. it just represents her artistic vision for the album so clearly and well

having RBFY or a poem (original or not) as an intro or interlude just would make me so so so so so unbelievably excited to hear the full album :lange:

sUcVobB.png

I love Chemtrails. That said, there's no way she can go any softer or minimalistic than she does on that album. It's very soft, gentle, wispy. For Rock Candy Sweet, I want her to try some faster songs, with a rock/electric guitar-heavy approach. I just feel like she still has a harder-edged, alternative rock album in her that's waiting to be unleashed. Idk. But I'm pretty much down for anything - as long as it isn't a pop album or a piano ballad album.

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Now that I think about it, if she's repruposing songs from the Lust for Life era (as if it was a trend :eartha:), she should totally put Wild One into Rock Candy Sweet. The title says it all.

I love Wild One so much.