Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

@Elle girl, hi!! I think this thread can be called “Pre-Release” and not “Pre-Pre-Release” or am I wrong?

It’s hard to say! Usually we don’t go into Pre-Release so quickly since it’s typically awhile until she announces a title and date and we just have a Pre-Pre-Release in the meantime, but it is this a different scenario this time around. I may adjust this thread to just be a pre-release in a bit x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

9 minutes ago, Elle said:

It’s hard to say! Usually we don’t go into Pre-Release so quickly since it’s typically awhile until she announces a title and date and we just have a Pre-Pre-Release in the meantime, but it is this a different scenario this time around. I may adjust this thread to just be a pre-release in a bit x

When did Chemtrails enter the pre-release phase, do you remember? 

I feel like June 1st is still super up in the air and we shouldn’t enter a new pre-release phase until we have more confirmation (a single, preorder, or word from Ben/Ed) about the album..going off Chemtrails, we had at least 4 release date title changes until it became ‘official’ (there was sep 5th, the period where we had no idea, Dec 10/Jan 7th, tentatively spring/summer, and then finally the official March 19th date)

but that’s just my opinion! :wub:

edit: also any idea when the chemtrail theme Will be uploaded? :wub:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, honeybadger said:

all i want all i pray for is that zach dawes has a hand in production and there's TLSP influence or unreleased somewhere :grinds: if not this album SOMEDAY

praying for this possibility with you :pray2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

42 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I love Chemtrails. That said, there's no way she can go any softer or minimalistic than she does on that album. It's very soft, gentle, wispy. For Rock Candy Sweet, I want her to try some faster songs, with a rock/electric guitar-heavy approach. I just feel like she still has a harder-edged, alternative rock album in her that's waiting to be unleashed. Idk. But I'm pretty much down for anything - as long as it isn't a pop album or a piano ballad album.

She can always go full acoustic :creepna:

but let’s not give her ideas :shh2:

Lanarat.png

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

all i want all i pray for is that zach dawes has a hand in production and there's TLSP influence or unreleased somewhere :grinds: if not this album SOMEDAY

i mean do we not want this... like i'd be thrilled if we got something similar at all

Spoiler

& there's no good versions of thunder uploaded.... maybe because it's on RCS :lange:

and DEALER and CALIFORNIA DEMO :lange::lange::lange: please please please

sUcVobB.png

18 minutes ago, Elle said:

Okay queen! Yup, Lana is crazy isn’t she? Thank u :kiss:

0YnL0Kf.gif

26 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

When did Chemtrails enter the pre-release phase, do you remember? 

I feel like June 1st is still super up in the air and we shouldn’t enter a new pre-release phase until we have more confirmation (a single, preorder, or word from Ben/Ed) about the album..going off Chemtrails, we had at least 4 release date title changes until it became ‘official’ (there was sep 5th, the period where we had no idea, Dec 10/Jan 7th, tentatively spring/summer, and then finally the official March 19th date)

but that’s just my opinion! :wub:

edit: also any idea when the chemtrail theme Will be uploaded? :wub:

LDR7 Pre-Pre-Release opened on August 19th, 2019 when the Times article was released of her talking about the album (at that point called White Hot Forever) & the COTCC Pre-Release opened May 25th, 2020 after she made her Instagram post announcing the title.

The Chemtrails theme will be up before the weekend! It’s essentially done, I was just waiting on one tweak from someone helping me design it which I just received a couple of hours ago, so now all I need to do is code it in for you all! Xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

LDR7 Pre-Pre-Release opened on August 19th, 2019 when the Times article was released of her talking about the album (at that point called White Hot Forever) & the COTCC Pre-Release opened May 25th, 2020 after she made her Instagram post announcing the title.

The Chemtrails theme will be up before the weekend! It’s essentially done, I was just waiting on one tweak from someone helping me design it which I just received a couple of hours ago, so now all I need to do is code it in for you all! Xx

So by that logic Pre-release-ing this thread makes sense since we have both the name and release date like we did for Chemtrails :defeated: usually her announcement of a follow-up (MTWBT after UV,  NFR after LFL) don’t come with a release date

and okay awesome, thank you so much! I remember you mentioning the Chemtrail theme and I’m super excited for it!

"Don’t forget me"

14 minutes ago, Elle said:

We get a new banner? The struggle is over! We can finally leave LFL era behind! Thank you so much!

Mfhp.gif

11 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

We get a new banner? The struggle is over! We can finally leave LFL era behind! Thank you so much!

girl you haven't been using the violet theme? omg i've been using it since we got it lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

22 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I hope this album is at least a little longer than chemtrails. 

maybe it's meant to be a second part to chemtrails or at least it'll make sense why they're separate when we hear it but it would be a good project to listen to together? i'm hoping it's very much the opposite from chemtrails just for that reason. like for me chemtrails picked up where NFR left off it feels like and hopefully this'll feel totally different

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

i mean do we not want this... like i'd be thrilled if we got something similar at all

Hide contents

& there's no good versions of thunder uploaded.... maybe because it's on RCS :lange:

and DEALER and CALIFORNIA DEMO :lange::lange::lange: please please please

Also the fact that she did vocals for his song :oprah:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I think COTCC’s length REALLY helped keep it together and cohesive, and while I love long albums (like LFL) I think the smaller a track list is the more cohesive it can be.

Paradise (despite being an EP), UV (standard), and Chemtrails feels the most like a solid body of work (HM is also cohesive but I would argue maybe not as much as the others.)

so while it would be nice to get a 14+ song album, I wouldn’t want anything that would water down or overfill the overall vision.

"Don’t forget me"

8 hours ago, youngnwildx said:

I want an album that show us what happens after she ran with the wolves or after she turns into a wolf with the concept of revenge 

cocc title track's ending would be a good start looking for revenge 3a25e72351183147949afade7fecd2f8b675403e.gifv

plot twist the ending scene/vocals of the cocc mv were a teaser to rock candy sweet the whole time..:defeated:

Since we know this album has been in the works since at least ~late spring/summer 2020, I feel like we can kind of speculate the sound based on what Lana was doing.

I remember her listening to a lot of the artists she brought as guests on the NFR tour, and that obviously informed the Midwestern feel of Chemtrails. Of course, the Joni references on the album came from her covering For Free on tour and her just being a fan in general. 

Knowing that Dealer is a “screamer”, I remember in August 2020 she posted to her IG stories a video of her listening to “Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin in her car. That video was actually taken in early July of 2020 (based on her lash extensions/nails/hairstyle) so I wonder if that was when she started actively working on this record, as we know she had finished Chemtrails that summer anyways.  

I think we may be getting an album with lots of electric guitar and classic country-rock elements. When I first heard Lana’s description of Dealer I actually thought of that video she posted of her listening to Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin! I would love a guitar-driven album with lots of cool riffs and looser, twangier vocals. 

Maybe the “louder” songs resembling Dazed and Confused and the “softer” songs being like Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, or Going to California by Led Zeppelin? All with a really sultry, bluesy output in the vein of Bobbie Gentry - who Lana mentioned as an inspiration to Music Week this month.

excited!