TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I don't understand the Rolling Stones review... They spend most of the review describing the sound of the album, and it sounds pretty great to me from how they describe it (although I'm surprised they say it's so electronic and synthy, I expected something grungey and more "live" sounding) and then they just say at the end that it somehow fails to charm, but not WHY it fails to charm, and then slap on 2.5 stars? This is one of the dumbest reviews I've ever read...

edit: like does she just not like it because Sky has an "icy" attitude? okay that's kind of the point... It's not a happy friendly record... and I think her voice is full of emotion at the right times...

And what a messy release (already)... The digital album is released one week after the physical copies get shipped? :toofunny: I thought that since she posted that Instagram picture with a flyer and with "iTunes exclusive" written, that maybe iTunes will be the only digital retailer to have the album on the 29th and then the rest like Amazon will get it the week after? That'd make sense.

I don't know if they will be doing a separate master for its digital release (I don't think so, honestly), but this might explain why its digital release on Amazon got postponed.

That iTunes theory, however, sounds very plausible. Considering that iTunes arguably has the monopole in digital sales, it's smart to make it exclusive to iTunes for the album's first sale week. Not only does Apple make sure to hear this more often, but it's also lucrative from Sky's and Capitol's point of view since Apple in exchange offers proper promotion and highlighted positions in the store (I hope).

wait where was that said? because I'm gonna have to go preorder my physical now if that's true

She posted it on Instagram and then removed it shortly after, that's why you can't see it now. But it was a fan-made flyer and all, it had a promotional picture, the release date and "iTunes exclusive" as a caption.

I don't know if they will be doing a separate master for its digital release (I don't think so, honestly), but this might explain why its digital release on Amazon got postponed.

That iTunes theory, however, sounds very plausible. Considering that iTunes arguably has the monopole in digital sales, it's smart to make it exclusive to iTunes for the album's first sale week. Not only does Apple make sure to hear this more often, but it's also lucrative from Sky's and Capitol's point of view since Apple in exchange offers proper promotion and highlighted positions in the store (I hope).

Exactly! They promoted "You're Not the One" and it reached the top 80 in the store (which is quite nice for Sky), and the album was at #403 on Amazon (which is also quite nice because it's not even released yet).

What I just want is to be able to listen to the album this week yet. I don't really care about the album sales, even though I want it to be successful, because the album is already iconic to me.

I just don't see how this "sounds like a soundtrack for the Breakfast Club playing in her head" or this "electropop hooks straight from the 80s" are bad things tbh. :lel:

Honestly.

And lesser blogs are raving about it so I'm calling this one a fluke from the personal opinion of the reviewer :uh:

If you look at your amazon orders, it says it will be delivered October 29th. But when you click on the album, it says that it does not have a release date. I seriously doubt we will be getting it.

oh fuck on Amazon US it says "a release date has not yet been set for this title"

this happened in the last few hours

so I guess it's a digital exclusive or something...regardless people will get it on 10/27 but WHAT IS GOING ON

BzhmW.png

so is there actually gonna be physical copies of the album? on Amazon UK it says 'currently unavailable'

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST ORDERED IT I WILL HAVE IT IN MY HANDS AFTER 4 YEARS OF WAITING :defeated:

:eek: its a digital download