TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Just now, COLORINGBOOKS said:

It's a person named Halsey talking about Sky on Twitter. "Spoiled LA girl who was too lazy to work to be an artist and wanted to model and fuck off with her friends, and then blamed it on her label" 

person named halsey :toofloppy:

someone sounds bitter that someone makes better music lmao :coffee:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

C8ml2RyXsAI6dk0.jpg

🤗

Halsey is mad bc Sky never was a nerd who was recording cringe videos singing on the mall💀

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

6 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

C8ml2RyXsAI6dk0.jpg

the 🤗 is literally the best part

Then it's probably the persona and the fact that she's white as snow. She reminds me of Kurt Cobain with that pretentious 'avant garde' and '2 cool 4 u' attitude. At least Kurt was a somebody and had a good reason to be a snob. I know musicians irl that sell junk at a flea market because they didn't want to be a 'sell out'. While Sky's sitting her ass at home Halsey is making bank, high budget projects while having a baby and being a 'sell out' 🤗

Btw, Halsey literally claims that it's Sky's fault, not the label's. She was onto something... 

5 hours ago, the ocean said:

person named halsey :toofloppy:

someone sounds bitter that someone makes better music lmao :coffee:

I can't believe this thread has come to the point of people being on Halsey's side. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

You can say anything about Halsey, but she ain't a liar.

Clearly, she knows her label-mate and spilled the tea about why Sky hasn't release shit in so many years.

Besides, Sky was the one who started with the bad blood saying that Halsey copied her style and visuals for her music video "Ghost" (Halsey's Ghost, not Sky's)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

17 hours ago, EXODUS said:

You can say anything about Halsey, but she ain't a liar.

Clearly, she knows her label-mate and spilled the tea about why Sky hasn't release shit in so many years.

Besides, Sky was the one who started with the bad blood saying that Halsey copied her style and visuals for her music video "Ghost" (Halsey's Ghost, not Sky's)

exactly, people were hating on halsey constantly back then so she snapped back with that dm. and... she spilled sorry.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, Motopapi said:

exactly, people were hating on halsey constantly back then so she snapped back with that dm. and... she spilled sorry.

Yup. 

And I'm gonna be honest, I did like some of the songs of Badlands back then but I really thought her persona was very fake and annoying. 

Then her sophomore got released and thought "wow now she's mainstream pop, thought she was alternative, ha! Hypocrite". 

And then her third album Manic was released and for once I thought she was being sincere and honest with who she is and that's when I started to like her and to enjoy her past albums more. 

You guys can say anything about Halsey, but that bitch actually DO CARES about her fans and has a crazy work ethic. She keeps releasing music and filming live shows even pregnant. 

What's Sky excuse? 

Halsey won this war, she was right and she proved to be the better artist, not because she released better music than Sky, she's a better artist because she cares about actually making her project come through and make them actually happen and try to connect with her fans and give them what they want. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

25 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Yup. 

And I'm gonna be honest, I did like some of the songs of Badlands back then but I really thought her persona was very fake and annoying. 

Then her sophomore got released and thought "wow now she's mainstream pop, thought she was alternative, ha! Hypocrite". 

And then her third album Manic was released and for once I thought she was being sincere and honest with who she is and that's when I started to like her and to enjoy her past albums more. 

You guys can say anything about Halsey, but that bitch actually DO CARES about her fans and has a crazy work ethic. She keeps releasing music and filming live shows even pregnant. 

What's Sky excuse? 

Halsey won this war, she was right and she proved to be the better artist, not because she released better music than Sky, she's a better artist because she cares about actually making her project come through and make them actually happen and try to connect with her fans and give them what they want. 

yeah, halsey’s just takes her job seriously! as she should. 

i feel bad for sky cause i’m sure she somehow cares about her music and her career, but it’s been all covered with too much darkness and lies, of course people are gonna get tired or mad. and i don’t care for the “she doesn’t owe us anything” discourse cause that’s bullshit, she owes us music, it’s her job, and she owes us music even more since she made so many promises in the past. 

at the end of the day i’m sad for her, she fucked up behind the scenes. i hope she can actually come through one day and clear everything once for all.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

31 minutes ago, EXODUS said:
Spoiler

Yup. 

What's Sky excuse? 

I agree with some parts, but lol, Halsey is not a better artist, this is not something that can be measured, but yeah, Halsey is definitively a better and more ethical professional

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

8 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

I agree with some parts, but lol, Halsey is not a better artist, this is not something that can be measured, but yeah, Halsey is definitively a better and more ethical professional

I agree, it can't be measured. 

But also being realistic, it's hard to say that Sky is even a good artist considering she has only released one full album to the public, which isn't much to say about an artist artistry, more considering Sky has almost 12 years of career since she debuted and only that one album. 

Ever since Sky debuted in 2010, these artists have been better artists and released at least one highly acclaimed album + many more albums:

Lana = 7 albums 

Marina = 5 albums 

Ellie = 4 albums 

Lorde = 3 albums 

Charli = 7 albums 

Grimes = 6 albums 

BANKS = 4 albums 

Halsey = 4 albums 

Rosalía = 3 albums 

Björk = 3 albums 

Kate Bush = 2 albums 

Fiona Apple = 2 albums 

And that's just some of her peers and influences. 

Wait was there ever a "real" reason why she never released the sophomore. Was it something along the lines of label hell AND some layer of pretention and the years just kept going by so now she's like "why bother"? I remember there was a few "what happened to sky" videos but those were vague....anyways best of luck to her, I like her song "Boys". Indie Sleaze is about to come back, here's your chance!!!