TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I find really stupid that neither her or Capitol thought about releasing NTMT B-Side Part 2 just to keep:

1) the money coming

2) her relatively more active

3) her more relevant 

4) her fans happy

5) momentum after NTMT

Everything seems weird and stupid. 

Sometimes I think there's someone who really hates her in the label and prefers to not make more money out of her just out of spite. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I find really stupid that neither her or Capitol thought about releasing NTMT B-Side Part 2 just to keep:

1) the money coming

2) her relatively more active

3) her more relevant 

4) her fans happy

5) momentum after NTMT

Everything seems weird and stupid. 

Sometimes I think there's someone who really hates her in the label and prefers to not make more money out of her just out of spite. 

I also believe in this.

I remember Sky saying on a interview that old man from Capitol Records hated to listen a teenage/young girl's opinion and ideas and they just wanted to give orders and have full control.

Probably she have made an enemy there and she don't even know why, who or how.

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

23 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

herself? Sometimes it seems that she’s too perfectionist I think thats the problem. She wants every song to be perfect and properly finished for release but maybe she’s not satisfied with the results throughout all these years

2 hours ago, lizzys said:

i relatively started listening to sky recently so i’m not that familiar with everything that has been going on for all these years since ntmt, so do u guys know if there’s maybe an issue with the record label and they’re not allowing her to release another record for some reason, or is it just her own decision?

I'm an year old fan so I'm still kinda fresh. I

I really like this documentary. Apparently she has huge issues with her label since NTMT. I read an article that her label had taken away her Soundcloud account. She's also not filthy rich to just put out music independently and wait to go viral. She mentions very discreetly that her label is keeping her from doing anything but it's nothing detailed. We'll never know what's really happening. I always think to myself why doesn't her label just fire her. Maybe she's in some deep debt and is most likely stuck. A part of the fanbase thinks she's just procastinating, I also joked about her mother more likely putting out music than Sky. Who knows. She released Downhill Lullaby so she's obv allowed to post her music. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I feel like downhill lullaby was meant to be the start of something bigger. Like, it was touted as some grand return to music and then it came out and then it was nothing but radio silence. 

something had to have gone very wrong behind the scenes during that time because it literally makes zero sense for anyone involved. 

I'm telling y'all this is Brian Wilson and Smile all over again. In 30 years there'll be a Masochism official rerecording and a documentary about the process of making the album and the tea on what has delayed its completion.

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 hour ago, imStiflersMom said:

even if true all those issues behind the scenes, why isn't Sky vocal about it? 

1 hour ago, Doja Cat said:

NDA's, contracts. 

This, and I agree that she might take a lot because she is a perfectionist, but why wouldn't she put out a NTMT B-Side Part 2 if she (most likely) already planned it before hand, that's why she called part 1. It makes zero sense even for her. 

I'm sure she is the one to blame, partially. But I can bet all my cards that she made someone important very angry, and everyone knows that Capitol has had issues with other artists in the past and has shelved albums (one example is Alexz Johnson's debut shelved album "Weight", all the songs were already mastered and they gave the public a release date, but a higher up said no to the album and it got shelved and she got dropped out even though she was very famous back in 2005).

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

39 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

wait

Sky had Gaga’s old manager Troy Carter?!

if I remember correctly, it was a very short lived relationship. 
i think it was after NTMT’s release but only lasted a couple of months before they parted. 

41 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

i fucking hate how catchy and good Overplayed is. the verse melody constantly gets stuck in my head

That song, whew :defeated:

I'm gonna cry if I ever get to hear Sky's version of it 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Why is everyone talking about her as if the album’s taken so long bc she’s a perfectionist or bc label troubles or someone doesn’t like her etc etc etc making excuses when honestly the scenario I think is most likely is that, and no offence to her, she’s probably been battling drug addiction or something serious like that

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

21 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Why is everyone talking about her as if the album’s taken so long bc she’s a perfectionist or bc label troubles or someone doesn’t like her etc etc etc making excuses when honestly the scenario I think is most likely is that, and no offence to her, she’s probably been battling drug addiction or something serious like that

but there’s not a lot of evidence of something like that but there is evidence of ppl at capitol hating her and her being a perfectionist 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, bigspender said:

but there’s not a lot of evidence of something like that but there is evidence of ppl at capitol hating her and her being a perfectionist 

i remember reading in that interview she did when DH dropped that she listens to all her songs on every kind of speaker from headphones, in a car, to shitty laptop speakers to make sure it sounds good on all of them

so yeah, she’s a perfectionist 

negAbhB.png

i think its a combination of many factors including being a perfectionist, she was even trying to change the mixing on NTMT on the week of release because she said she wasn't done with it yet.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1