TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

9 hours ago, Elle said:

Saw you all’s fave masochist last night xx

IMG-1986

I wouldn’t consider myself a Sky super-fan, more of just a standard/casual fan - I like the music she’s put out and there’s a few unreleased tracks I have on my rotation as well. I bought a ticket since they were inexpensive and a friend was going, so I thought I’d check out the show. I wasn’t really sure what to expect since I’ve never seen her live before and have only watched a few of her live performance videos awhile back. Despite having no expectations, she definitely exceeded whatever I would have had lol. I thought it was a great performance. Her vocals were incredible (I guess the nebuliser works) and honestly may be one of the best live vocals I’ve heard in person? I was pleasantly surprised by that, especially since some of her songs seem like they’d be hard to perform live. She had a great setlist - 22 songs that spanned over 1 hour & 40 minutes. It included some unreleased gems such as Guardian, Innocent Kind, All My Lovers Die, and Pretty Dull! She also sang Ghost which she hasn’t been singing at all of her recent shows, but it’s one of my personal favourites so I was really happy to hear that one. I also teared up at Sad Dream, and it seemed Sky did too. Otherwise, she seemed overall in good spirits, smiling and giggling between songs. Nothing really went wrong - there were two songs she restarted after the first few seconds, once due to still drinking water and not being ready and the second due to technical issues with her in-ears. Both quickly handled and wasn’t much of a bother at all. The only possible complaint I could’ve had about the show is that the stage lighting was rather dark, but that seems to be the case with her recent shows. She’s also been wearing shades as well, so maybe the darkness helps her feel more comfortable in front of the crowd.

In the end, I thought it was a great set and I’d definitely catch her again the next time she swings by my area. If you’re interested in Sky, I think the performance is definitely worth attending! x

Atleast there’s no mention of her turning up two hours late 

I'm happy she is singing Pretty Dull again, but I feel this "new version" lacks vocal punch during the chorus, the 2012 live version sounds better when she sings higher.

Instead of sounding angry/desperate, she sounds bored now.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

not her saying "this one is pretty old, like all the songs i played tonight":eartha:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

16 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

:rip: Coming for Poppy's WWE NXT gig :ma:

Oh boy, Sky wishes.

Poppy's work ethic is FUCKING AMAZING.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

16 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I have had no interest in her performances since 2016. I want material releases girl.
I'll move when i hear there's a release of a well-recorded live version that's good enough to be studio.

I was gonna see her on this tour but timing just didn’t happen. girly needs to actually release an album, it’s been a decade :rip::lolno2:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I can honestly say seeing Sky live was an amazing experience. If you are debating on going, just go. Accept she’s gonna be 1-3 hours late and enjoy yourself.

Her live vocals sounded incredible. She obviously tries so hard to make sure her vocals sound exactly like the studio track does (for the NTMT tracks at least). It’s crazy to think about when so many live artists try to show off their voice with ad libs and stuff when singing but Sky is committed to delivering a consistent product for every show (probably why she gets so upset when her tech/earpiece doesn’t work up to her standards).

Her stage presence is almost non existent, but just witnessing her sing those songs in the dark behind sunglasses with red and blue lights was an out of body experience. I just want to relive it over and over again.

8 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

Her stage presence is almost non existent, but just witnessing her sing those songs in the dark behind sunglasses with red and blue lights was an out of body experience. I just want to relive it over and over again.

I get this, seeing her live must really be like seeing a ghost, given her behavior and the state of her career....