TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

On 11/8/2023 at 12:37 AM, melodrama said:

vFlhZ15.jpg

Compared to this post of mine from November 8, she unfollowed the @capitolrecords account y'all. Considering she was following 3679 accounts back then and it's 3676 now, she very rarely unfollows people and one of them is @capitolrecords now. Yeah it's over.

5AY5Xyh.jpg

This is the biggest confirment we'll ever get imo. I don't think anyone noticed this before, I noticed only because I posted those two screenshots before in November.

She still follows @capitolmusic though. She probably forgot, or @capitolmusic and @capitolrecords are different things and she only unfollowed the problematic one.

8 hours ago, melodrama said:

Compared to this post of mine from November 8, she unfollowed the @capitolrecords account y'all. Considering she was following 3679 accounts back then and it's 3676 now, she very rarely unfollows people and one of them is @capitolrecords now. Yeah it's over.

5AY5Xyh.jpg

This is the biggest confirment we'll ever get imo. I don't think anyone noticed this before, I noticed only because I posted those two screenshots before in November.

She still follows @capitolmusic though. She probably forgot, or @capitolmusic and @capitolrecords are different things and she only unfollowed the problematic one.

This is the investigative journalism we need

i feel like if she does address the situation, she’ll probably wait until after her UK leg is done and she’s had time to figure out what she’s gonna do next/how to use the money she made from tour & merch to make something happen

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

i feel like if she does address the situation, she’ll probably wait until after her UK leg is done and she’s had time to figure out what she’s gonna do next/how to use the money she made from tour & merch to make something happen

Spoiler

1spreadflour.gif

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

10 hours ago, NTMT10 said:

Went to her concert in Boston last night, gates opened at 7 pm and she started at 9:30. I watched her play 3 songs and left bc I realized I waited 2 and a half hours for the bare minimum. After she played Don’t Forget she just said “10 years… well, 9 I guess”  and that was it. If you don’t have an opening act, don’t make your fans wait so long! And if you’ve been kept hostage by your label for 10 years, TALK ABOUT IT AT YOUR CONCERTS. Also, most people in the audience dressed up better than she did. What a waste of time. 

Not to be rude but you knew what you were getting into. Also she takes a few songs to really get into it. I guess I’m just confused as to what you were expecting 

1 hour ago, Kristine said:

Not to be rude but you knew what you were getting into. Also she takes a few songs to really get into it. I guess I’m just confused as to what you were expecting 

Any decent singer would at least do the bare minimum. Sky Ferrari fans are something else :toofloppy:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

the fact that people are still speculating about masochism...

it's been 10 years why ya'll still here :eartha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

So if she's left Capitol, does that really mean Masochism is gone?

If that's the case, I think unless she teams up with a great producer very very soon who really supports her and challenges her, her music career is officially over.

it’s rumored that the label probably owns her rights to her music so probably 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 12/7/2023 at 11:59 PM, Lonely Planet said:

she’s going to sound sooo good on this!

Sky Ferreira - Live to Tell (Madonna Cover) 

I kinda asked her to do it on October via Instagram dm... since she mentioned about this cover ages ago. Maybe she has seen it :teehee: #asif

And she went to Madonna's concert!

Anyway, I'm praying for she using the good income from this tour to boil something new. I just want her releasing music <3

Whatever is Masochism or not, but she had really good songs under her sleeve... 

Get out with Guardian and I Pray for Rain then I'll be fine!!!!!

On 12/9/2023 at 10:08 PM, Deleted Member said:

If she actually did part ways with Capitol, it’s very, very likely that everything she’s recorded while under them belongs only to them (even if she funded it herself)

I thought this would have been the assumption to make from the jump? Usually whatever artists write and make while under label contract is owned by the label or the label has some stake/ownership in. Unless an artist and a friend go into a recording studio in secret and just fuck around for funnies and never tell anyone and hide it all; if it's official studio time and time and bookings; it's most likely got record label ownership over it all; released or not.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

17 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

So if she's left Capitol, does that really mean Masochism is gone?

If that's the case, I think unless she teams up with a great producer very very soon who really supports her and challenges her, her music career is officially over.

17 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

it’s rumored that the label probably owns her rights to her music so probably 

Sky would have needed to turn Masochism into the label for it to actually be "gone". It doesn't seem that Masochism ever really existed in a a physical sense. Songs like Downhill Lullaby, Don't Forget, Descending, etc. were recorded and intended for it, but it doesn't seem like the album was ever completed or even put together. As far as ownership rights, she signed as a 15 year old who was singing Bloodshy & Avant demos so it's likely that whatever deal she signed did not include her owning her masters. She would probably still be able to use the name Masochism, since the label doesn't own conceptual album titles.

Assuming that she does not own her masters it most likely means they're owned by the label (as is most cases when the artist doesn't own them), however, that enters a kind of weird (legal) grey area. Capitol would technically have the rights to any songs she wrote/recorded during that time, however, the label would only really have claim to the songs that she turned in (this would include rough demos), meaning if certain songs weren't played live before she left, and were never sent to the label, she has plausible deniability on whether she made them "after". Because this is a legal grey area, most labels don't bother chasing down artists for those songs because its not worth the money in legal battles/optics.

There's also the case of Tinashe who hired an entertainment lawyer after RCA finally approved release of Joyride in 2018 after four years. The album tanked and she recorded a batch of songs with Hitmaka for a project called Nashe which RCA said they wouldn't release. The entertainment lawyer (who I believe was a UCLA professor, like her dad) was able to negotiate (with the threat of a lawsuit) that Tinashe was able to leave the label with those songs, which eventually ended up on her independent release, Songs For You.

I guess my point here is that those songs could be gone, but they also might not be. That may be the reason she stopped playing the new stuff live, to cover her ass from the label when she does drop them. I'd say Downhill Lullaby and Don't Forget are probably gone though. I would maybe throw Descending in there but who knows that might be safe.