TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

U know, I’ve only been a sky fan for 3 years so I give her a lot more time than I should considering some people here have been waiting for ten years for something 

but I do have faith in her… I hope she can independently move forward and finds the passion to actually release a body of work. She has the talent for it to be incredible. Maybe not worth a decade wait, but  hopefully she can get her music career back on track. If she’s not wanting to do that then hang it up babe

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I'm not exactly feeling much about the new interview, I think it'll all come out eventually and we'll have new Sky Ferreira music. My real concern is what comes after that. I really think the final obstacle for this album is that her entire brand identity is NOT releasing music now. It's to have released music a decade ago. What will she have left when it's out and reviews come out saying it's not the album of the decade? The year? I'm hoping she proves me wrong, but she has spent the better part of the past 11 years being the ingénue who's been silenced by label executives or whatever. I can see why she'd be scared but it's also time to do it and move on.

Also she needs to release Descending. It'd be a huge misstep to do yet another come back and not release that song of all songs. All My Lovers Die is probably not strong enough, if it's finished and she has two unique verses with intelligible lyrics.

it’s like… is the knowledge that *a* song is coming supposed to give us hope for masochism? cuz after don’t forget and downhill lullaby i have no hope until that album is physically in my hands girl 

Ouuuuuuuuuuu secure your wigs Sky Ferreira is coming! Sky Ferreicon the legend that you are! people miss you! All of the time!!!! And you're coming back!!

Masochism 2025 for sure, the motherquake is coming.

2 hours ago, PCM86 said:

It's so tiring. At least she confirmed a new song and that the album is finished and coming (later this year?) But I find hilarious that she is saying she needs that "spark" to release the album. Girl, if in 10 years you didn't have it with the album what is gonna change now?.

I kinda feel bad for her because as she says, no one's gonna give her back those 10 years both personally and professionally but I'm not sure what is holding her back this time to release it now that she actually CAN. I guess she went through hell though.

absolutely not this year lol, shes gonna be doing shows all year and i dont see her bothering herself that much

now that's she free and capitol is locking her demos there's no ethical reason for not leak these demos, like we know there's lots of song we will never hear anyway 

just leak everything already:angie:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

https://beat.com.au/i-just-want-a-clean-slate-after-all-this-time-sky-ferreira-wont-stray-from-her-vision/

A decade since her seminal album, after a quiet split with Capitol, Sky's finally emerged from the shadows. In the past few years, she's appeared alongside Kevin Abstract at Coachella, dropped a vengeful, 80s-inspired single titled Don't Forget and toured extensively across the States. As we chat, she's packing for her Australian tour.

It's this mix of bashful self-consciousness, unwavering belief in her own decision making and undeniable, dazzling talent that forms the allure of Sky Ferreira. She's not willing to bend, especially after this long. For now, she says Masochism is finished and coming "very soon" but she's looking for the same spark she had with Night Time.

While we may still be waiting patiently for Sky to get Masochism just right, she says there's new music on the way – "at least a song. Even though people are going to be like 'Oh great, a song, a random song'… whatever. At least it will be the first thing I've done on my own. At least it'll be the first time I'm able to do that."

2 hours ago, RGB said:

Didnt someone here or reddit say she would release her live to tell cover "soon"?? Maybe thats the song she will release...

That would actually be good, and thematically relevant I guess. Hope it's this.

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

45 minutes ago, The Siren said:

https://beat.com.au/i-just-want-a-clean-slate-after-all-this-time-sky-ferreira-wont-stray-from-her-vision/

A decade since her seminal album, after a quiet split with Capitol, Sky's finally emerged from the shadows. In the past few years, she's appeared alongside Kevin Abstract at Coachella, dropped a vengeful, 80s-inspired single titled Don't Forget and toured extensively across the States. As we chat, she's packing for her Australian tour.

It's this mix of bashful self-consciousness, unwavering belief in her own decision making and undeniable, dazzling talent that forms the allure of Sky Ferreira. She's not willing to bend, especially after this long. For now, she says Masochism is finished and coming "very soon" but she's looking for the same spark she had with Night Time.

While we may still be waiting patiently for Sky to get Masochism just right, she says there's new music on the way – "at least a song. Even though people are going to be like 'Oh great, a song, a random song'… whatever. At least it will be the first thing I've done on my own. At least it'll be the first time I'm able to do that."

If no album is out soon, we’ll resent her even more for blaming Capitol this whole time. Oh Sky Flopeirra…….

Since she revealed that she "left Capitol" officially for the first time ever, and since her only excuse for no new music was literally "my label is not allowing" since 2013, if we don't get Masochism again then what will she say this time? :rip:

33 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Was she ever under Dr Luke?

no

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕